• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon life after people.

Pokedigifan1178

Most powerful being in fiction
Years
  • I've watched the history channel series life after people

And it gave me an idea.

What about a Pokémon version of it.

I just want to know what would happen if every human in the Pokémon world suddenly disappeared.

How long would all the buildings last.

What is the fate of all Pokémon stuck in the house or those trapped in balls waiting for human beings that will never come.

What's going to happen to all the nuclear reactors in the pokemon world

Years
  • If Pokemon Mystery Dungeon has taught me anything, it's that Pokemon and buildings can survive without people. Pokemon can build their own infrastructure, after all.

Pokedigifan1178

Most powerful being in fiction
    Years
  • The same would still apply. I don't see the difference it would make.

Don't forget that with people gone all the nuclear power plants will go off causing nuclear radiation to spread everywhere.

Invasive Pokémon species will become a problem now that there are no humans to get rid of them.

Pokémon trapped in balls will probably stay in them forever until the elements destroy the ball.

Oil refineries will explode sending toxic oil into the ocean.

Methane from the open stoves in homes will cause an explosion after an hour after people disappear assuming they left it on

Last edited:
    Years
  • So...just heavily mutated Pokemon? I'm sure life would go on in the wild as normal as possible. I'm sure there's a good chain just like in any ecosystem. Natural selection & such. For all the Pokemon in pc's or whatever, it would be a shame, but if humanity was eradicated, there wouldn't be anything anyone could do

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
    Years
  • I think Pokemon need people.

They feel happiest being cared for and battling along side us, it seems.

I mean they could survive without us (MD games prove this) but I think people give them a bit of a purpose in life.

Pokemon who fight along side people get to know what its like to be on a team. Also, they get to experience being heroes (by battling evil teams who misuse pokemon, which would also be gone if theres no people).

I don't think Pokemon would have as much pleasure in their lives without us :)

People seem less of an overall issue in the Pokemon world than they do in the real world (i often do think THIS world would be better off without us, sadly.....i've just heard too many awful things now >_<;;; though, i'd like to think maybe things ARE improving. even if there are those who aren't let seeing it o_o; like my friend i talked to on discord, still seems to think this world is filled with problems....honestly, i really hate hearing bad things about people. a lot. even if they are true :/ i just don't feel good being angry at humanity.........anger and hate in general are really gross feelings :-x especially when you're a bit of a mentally unstable aspie o_o;; who honestly wants to put an end to the suffering somehow 'cuz ANYONE suffering just really sets you off....).

Trust me.....i'm glad I have my crush on Korrina. I'll say that much.

Last edited:

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
    Years
  • If humans died out, does that mean there would be no more Yamask, or a lot of Yamask?

Ys

Wandering Spirit
    Years
    • Age 31
    • They/Them
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    Assuming Pokémon could release each other from PCs and Pokéballs, I think captured Pokémon would be sad or relieved, depending on their type of trainer. But ultimately they would live like animals in the wild.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    Loved that show when it was on. I'm sure things would slowly go back to the way it was before humans came around. Granted it would be different with all the human made things.

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2019
    Given that pokemon have been shown to be capable of escaping their poke balls at will, I don't think that would be an issue. Plus, I feel as though some Pokemon would be smart enough to operate the PC. As for disasters with oil spills or fires or other human-designed problems, given the durability and wide access to moves pokemon have, I feel as though they'd be able to handle that. Of course, pokemon who were close to their trainers would miss them, but I think they'd all cope just fine. (Also, people in the pokemon world seem more in tune with nature than us, so the damage done by them is probably minimised, luckily for the pokemon.)

Back