• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Has 3D changed your opinion of any old pokemon? (Part II)

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
Years
  • I am personally in love with the 3D models! I can't wait to transfer some of my old pokemon to see them in 3D. I think it is one of the best things to happen to pokemon!

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Yes. A lot of the gen 3/4 Pokemon who were conceptually created with the GBA/DS sprites in mind had major flaws in being presented in gen 5, and gen 6 majorly alleviated that for me.

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
  • A few of the ones I really like from previos generations, though they may not have any affect on my affection for the Pokemon:
    Hitmonchan has never been a favorite, but they did really good with his model.
    I also love Goldeen and Seaking's models.
    Octillery's model is really neat...not sure why I like watching it.
    Roselia is pretty and elegant, but I don't like Roserade.
    Luxray turned out pretty awesome.
    Maractus' little dance is cute.
    Ludicolo's dance is pretty hilarious.
    I don't think any of the Eeveelution's came out bad.
    Most of the flying ones turned out awesome, except the ones I mention below.

There are also some I like less. I feel like Ninetails looks better sitting down. I also don't like how they did Swellow or Salamence's. Flygon looks a bit...stiff.

Overall, I think they did a pretty stellar job. They better not mess up Piplup.

Pumpkaboo

Peek-a-boo
    Years
  • I love the 3D models, the only gripe I have is that the colors are so pale because they're based off the traditional artwork. So a Shiny Pikachu looks more like a normal pikachu than pikachu does. If that makes sense? It's not as vibrant as before it all seems very grey-muted. Even the shadows themselves are in grey (which looks very un-natural to me.)

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Today I discovered in the pokedex that Gothitelle had legs and subsequently felt like a perv for looking up its dress.

Not sure if it being a male model makes it better or worse....

I know it makes sense that it would have legs but it still came as a surprise. The pokedex is turning into the "omg so it DOES have legs" app. :P

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Another thing: Why does Weepinbell float? The thing's floating a good 2 or 3 feet off the ground, and IDK why.

And why's Wailord so small? It's the size of a car, but should be the size of a semi.

Last edited:

KostK2Boss

Europe Confirmed!!!
    Years
  • Another thing: Why does Weepinbell float? The thing's floating a good 2 or 3 feet off the ground, and IDK why.

And why's Wailord so small? It's the size of a car, but should be the size of a semi.
    Yeah the sizes are all over the place. Jigglypuff is bigger than Excadrill, Rotom is too tiny (I can understand regular rotom being small, but the appliance forms?) and Greninja is a friggin' giant whenever he gets up for his ninja pose.

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
    Years
  • Well, nothing much actually imo, aside from the fact every Pokemon looks more awesome with it's new graphics :3

Therefore, I also think some Shiny Pokemon look better now too since colouring and graphics are done much better in the Gen.6 games ^_^

Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2014
    The only animation I don't like is Mr Mime's... That thing gives me nightmares...

Years
  • I've posted in this thread already, but still, I'm surprised everyone forgot about Hitmontop. I can watch his animation all day.

2ypjlmf.gif

Last edited:

LilyAnn

All your base are belong to us
    Years
  • I love the new models. I haven't really seen any that I haven't liked. Much better than the old sprites. At least imo. xD

Years
  • X and Y Battle Sprites are "Pervy"?

I personally don't see it but some of my friends have told me that the X and Y battle sprites are extremely pervy....

first they said the Lickitung look like it is humping something....
    next was yveltal... saying that he looked like he is going to hold you close with the 2 arms and reach in-between your legs with the tail....
    there were a couple more but I can't remember....

So tell me... Do you think X and Y are Pervy? Why and Why not?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I personally don't see it but some of my friends have told me that the X and Y battle sprites are extremely pervy....

first they said the Lickitung look like it is humping something....
    next was yveltal... saying that he looked like he is going to hold you close with the 2 arms and reach in-between your legs with the tail....
    there were a couple more but I can't remember....

So tell me... Do you think X and Y are Pervy? Why and Why not?

To me, they're not. To others, though, they may seem that way. Like MidknightBlu said, it all depends on how you look at them. :b

We already have a thread about X and Y sprites/models, by the way, so I'm merging your thread with that. In the future, please take a few seconds to search around before making new threads. This'll make it easier for you to avoid posting duplicates.

Merged.

Back