• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4-Year Survival Plan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
This is a thread to discuss what we can do to survive the next 4 years. Yes, I'm thinking specifically of Trump and the Republicans here in America, but other countries have their authoritarian populists as well and this is for them, too. It's for all of us. What can we do to 1) survive through the next couple of years, and 2) make positive changes in our countries?

And please. This is for coming up with survival plans, coping mechanisms, ways to get involved in politics, and stuff of that sort. Not to debate about whether Trump is bad or not. Some of that kind of talk might necessarily come into it, but that's not the purpose of this and if that's all you're going to bring then please think of something else to say before you post.

So... aside from that anything is welcome. Even if all you want to say is "I'm going to cry a while and drink a bottle of wine" that's okay. Getting stuff off your chest is part of coping and surviving and moving forward.

Sir Codin

Right now what I plan to do is actually wait until he's at least three months in office before I start preaparing a fallout shelter.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
As someone possessing dual citizenship with France, keeping an eye on Marine Le Pen in next year's French elections and observing Europe in general is going to be one of my biggest political concerns for the next few years. Trump's win will only galvanise their respective movements and it worries me deeply that FN will now have even more credibility in the eyes of the French public. It's a horrifying thought.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
Years
I think Trump will go more moderate. "Surviving" wont be any different from any other republican candidate.

My biggest worry is that people ARE already afraid, but I think these fears will subside after Trump is president for a bit and he acts moderately. Just hold out until then. If Trump actually does something that impedes on the rights of the LGBT and minorities, then civil disobedience may be a good survival tactic. Those communities will have a lot of backing if it comes down to it I think.

I might look back at this post and be totally wrong, but that is my prediction.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
If Congress did not want him as they claimed they did, I just hope they make it as hard as they have for Obama in his 8 years of presidency. But for now, all we can do is play the waiting game.

Years
Don't worry, you're safe.

Well, for those of you worried about the LBGTQ community:
Spoiler:

Whether or not it can be put into practice is another ordeal altogether. You can, however, potentially, nail him for lying if it goes the opposite way, so it has the potential to become ammunition for the anti-Tumps out there.
Spoiler:

You might not like Pence, but at the end of the day, Pence is Pence and not the President (unless one of the left wing nachos slay Trump). Better cross your fingers no one tries to tank Trump, lest Pence becomes the CIC ohohoho!

Besides, Hillary isn't any better. Takes money from people that murder gays and have active laws against gayness (I know, I know, homosexuality but somehow 'gayness' sounds better) and she doesn't bat an eye. Then she turns around back to you and says she'll protect you. Laughable. It's a protection racket and she lost, aren't you glad? I never understood how you'd trust Hillary to protect the LGBTQ community when she's okay buddies with their murderers. Seems legit.
Spoiler:

Years
Okay, Hillary doesn't matter anymore so let's stick to what's relevant for the future.

Recently my work had these workshop thingies and one of them was about LGBT safe spaces and as part of it they gave out stickers kinda like these:

635973704823610467775588141_Safe-Space-Sticker-e1406320631580.png

I think, if you can do this, it's good to put them up to remind people that there are still good people out there. It's hard to know how much abuse someone's had to deal with lately, especially given the scattered reports of women being assaulted by emboldened assholes.

User19sq

2. Wait till everyone leaves the country.
3. Find the nearest, most-recently abandoned job and take it.
4. Enjoy the country to myself.
5. GO GET YOUR GUN, GET YOUR GUN, AND LET'S FIND OUT WHAT IT DOES! SHOOT, SHOOT, SHOOT, SHOOT, SHOOOOOOOOOO-
6. Aim the gun at any potential Trump supporters hounding me over my skin-color, and maybe pull the trigger. "I was standing mah ground!"
7. Play Pokémon Sun.
8. Use the abandoned high school to host others like me, and increase the chances of meeting some cute girls.
9. Enjoy it all until our next president comes in to actually make America great again.

Years
You know, if all of these people do leave the country like they're threatening then Trump has already created a shit load of jobs. He hasn't even taken office yet and he's already on his way to making America great again.

Reactions: 0
Years
6. Aim the gun at any potential Trump supporters hounding me over my skin-color, and maybe pull the trigger. "I was standing mah ground!"

I don't think the majority of Trump supporters actually care about your skin colour, but several other PC cultures would happily hound white, straight males just because they exist. I don't think shooting people would increase your survivability in a post apocalypse anyways. . . maybe use the crowbar instead, you know, for stealth.

User19sq

I don't think the majority of Trump supporters actually care about your skin colour, but several other PC cultures would happily hound white, straight males just because they exist. I don't think shooting people would increase your survivability in a post apocalypse anyways. . . maybe use the crowbar instead, you know, for stealth.

I don't deserve the crowbar.

And while not all Trump supporters are racists, they're the most likely to be. And even if they aren't, I'll still shoot them for letting this happen. XP

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Never stop letting your voice be heard. Sign petitions. Protest peacefully. Start Twitter and Facebook accounts to further your message.

Trump claims that he wants to be a President for the people. Well, it's time for the people to start talking.

Years
I don't deserve the crowbar.

And while not all Trump supporters are racists, they're the most likely to be. And even if they aren't, I'll still shoot them for letting this happen. XP
I still doubt that they'll most likely be the ones that are racist, but I suppose we can agree to disagree.

"All lives do matter, but no lives matter until Black lives matter"

User19sq

I still doubt that they'll most likely be the ones that are racist, but I suppose we can agree to disagree.

"All lives do matter, but no lives matter until Black lives matter"

This ain't no race thing; I just know I'll need a gun from now on, and I wanna shoot it. X3

Years
This ain't no race thing; I just know I'll need a gun from now on, and I wanna shoot it. X3
Ah. Which make would you prefer? I would suggest a 9mm handgun, as 9mm tends to be the cheapest and most common ammunition on the market in the US.

You must be 21 with a valid identification card and take a written safety test. They'll ask questions like 'what's the difference between single and double action' or 'what time must a gun be locked away' and 'what are three types of locks used to secure a firearm'.

I'd say the cheapest option is the Glock, but I don't recommend it, I think they suck and they have no safety to speak of. . .

User19sq

Ah. Which make would you prefer? I would suggest a 9mm handgun, as 9mm tends to be the cheapest and most common ammunition on the market in the US.

You must be 21 with a valid identification card and take a written safety test. They'll ask questions like 'what's the difference between single and double action' or 'what time must a gun be locked away' and 'what are three types of locks used to secure a firearm'.

I'd say the cheapest option is the Glock, but I don't recommend it, I think they suck and they have no safety to speak of. . .

...Or just go to a gun show. Much easier and legal. XD (In all seriousness, I'm for the regulation, and do meet the age requirements, so I can still get one with no trouble.)

Years
...Or just go to a gun show. Much easier and legal. XD (In all seriousness, I'm for the regulation, and do meet the age requirements, so I can still get one with no trouble.)
It also depends on your state. Certain states disallow such actions and some even require your id and contain a bill of sale. You must also posses the proper credentials as well. It's not so cut and dry like the media make it sound.

Years
On some advice I got, I've donated to the ACLU. They're good people, professional, and they can and will fight the legal battles that I hope won't need to be fought, but, you know, it's best to be safe now. $10 a month. I can afford that easily if I cut back only a tiny amount of my spending. Good luck to them and the rest of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back