• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4-Year Survival Plan

Status
Not open for further replies.

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
Years
  • I thik that my survival plan is to speak up and be courageous. Let your voice be heard throughout the crowds. I'm not very confident or one to speak up, but I'll try my best. I'm going to do everything I'm comfortable with to make sure I have equal rights.

Years
  • All I can do is hope the US' problems don't overflow into Canada, and that Trudeau does well enough.
    My thoughts with the US people having to live through Trump hell though, stay strong guys!

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    Ah. Which make would you prefer? I would suggest a 9mm handgun, as 9mm tends to be the cheapest and most common ammunition on the market in the US.

You must be 21 with a valid identification card and take a written safety test. They'll ask questions like 'what's the difference between single and double action' or 'what time must a gun be locked away' and 'what are three types of locks used to secure a firearm'.

I'd say the cheapest option is the Glock, but I don't recommend it, I think they suck and they have no safety to speak of. . .

If you are considering firearms for either/both survival or combative purposes you should consider a pistol caliber carbine that shares magazine commodity with your handgun. The Kel-Tec Sub 2000 (either gen 1 or 2) is a relatively affordable choice which can be folded up to backpack size and comes in a variety of variations and calibers so you can suit it around your handgun.

I'd still vouch for a Glock, whilst they lack a conventional safety, they come in a variety of calibers, are easy to use and maintain and work fairly well. Plus the mags are compatible with a lot of pistol caliber carbines.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2016
    I voted for Trump and am actually feeling somewhat optimistic. I will watch and see how he does, then vote in the future elections accordingly. While he does need to learn how to bridle his own tongue, he isn't the evil racist, sexist, homophobic monster the far-left is making him out to be. There are a lot of people with a "the sky is falling!" syndrome right now.

Happy and at peace. :)
    Years
  • I voted for Trump and am actually feeling somewhat optimistic. I will watch and see how he does, then vote in the future elections accordingly. While he does need to learn how to bridle his own tongue, he isn't the evil racist, sexist, homophobic monster the far-left is making him out to be. There are a lot of people with a "the sky is falling!" syndrome right now.
    I think a lot ofpeople took him as a joke, but tbh, he looks pretty good. I read through hispolicys, and they seem legit.

Years
  • If you are considering firearms for either/both survival or combative purposes you should consider a pistol caliber carbine that shares magazine commodity with your handgun. The Kel-Tec Sub 2000 (either gen 1 or 2) is a relatively affordable choice which can be folded up to backpack size and comes in a variety of variations and calibers so you can suit it around your handgun.

I'd still vouch for a Glock, whilst they lack a conventional safety, they come in a variety of calibers, are easy to use and maintain and work fairly well. Plus the mags are compatible with a lot of pistol caliber carbines.

I would still either vouch for a more proven platform, like the AR-15 design and the easy to find .223/5.56. I'm not so sure about the firearm you brought up, as I've never heard of it until today and much less never fired one but as far as I know it could very well be a viable choice *shrug* it probably just comes down to preference though. I prefer the Beretta 92FS to the Glock or the Sig Sauer models because I'm far more accurate with it than the latter two. Sigs are to touchy (to me) and the Glock feels. . . 'cheap'.

Really, I'd prefer to keep a semi-auto shotgun compared to the handgun or AR-15 (I've never liked the M16 much). 12 Gauge shells are probably just as common as 9mm and bird shot shells are easily jury rigged into slug shells; I've done this before, but wouldn't recommend doing it all the time though ohohoho!

lol just us two talking about the apocalypse ohoho!

Years
  • I would still either vouch for a more proven platform, like the AR-15 design and the easy to find .223/5.56. I'm not so sure about the firearm you brought up, as I've never heard of it until today and much less never fired one but as far as I know it could very well be a viable choice *shrug* it probably just comes down to preference though. I prefer the Beretta 92FS to the Glock or the Sig Sauer models because I'm far more accurate with it than the latter two. Sigs are to touchy (to me) and the Glock feels. . . 'cheap'.

Really, I'd prefer to keep a semi-auto shotgun compared to the handgun or AR-15 (I've never liked the M16 much). 12 Gauge shells are probably just as common as 9mm and bird shot shells are easily jury rigged into slug shells; I've done this before, but wouldn't recommend doing it all the time though ohohoho!

lol just us two talking about the apocalypse ohoho!
    I'm more of a knife man myself, but I heard of Kel Tec(sp?). Supposedly, its a good ~300 hand gun that seemed to me to be pretty good, especially when I don't have 900 to shell for a good gun.

Years
  • I'm more of a knife man myself, but I heard of Kel Tec(sp?). Supposedly, its a good ~300 hand gun that seemed to me to be pretty good, especially when I don't have 900 to shell for a good gun.

$900? What are you buying? A Springfield 1911 ohoho! I thought the Beretta prices ranged from around $700-$800 at the most for their basic 9mm? For $300 you could get a halfway decent shotgun. Shotguns are pretty rugged and durable and don't have as many finicky parts to them, at least in my experience. I think mine has about 10 parts I can break down.

Years
  • $900? What are you buying? A Springfield 1911 ohoho! I thought the Beretta prices ranged from around $700-$800 at the most for their basic 9mm? For $300 you could get a halfway decent shotgun. Shotguns are pretty rugged and durable and don't have as many finicky parts to them, at least in my experience. I think mine has about 10 parts I can break down.
    Hmmm, maybe I should look into shotguns. Didn't even add them to a list of considerations. Also, 1911s are bad as hell. Still, 600 > 300

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • I've been a rifle guy myself. Then again I live in the country so I have much longer sight-lines on average if I needed to go apocalypse mode.

If you're looking for a weapon for survival situations I'd do some research into very common weapons, such as Remington 700s, AR-15s, Glocks, 1911s, or Remington 880s to name a few. These have plenty of parts available.

That's just my 2 cents for whoever was looking into the subject.

Years
  • Ohohoho! Political thread hijacked by the gun nuts lol

Really though, I never thought of the Glock as easily replaceable. The internal housing system was always a bit fussy to work with, so that's why I love the Beretta. Open barrel and it breaks down for easy cleaning and swapping out threaded or ported barrels.

Arsenic

Years
  • I never said it was easily replaceable. Just that it's a common find!

I'm all about sigs myself (even if I've yet to own one) but I'm biased as they're now designed and assembled in my state. If you get a chance to go to the factory shop it's worth it btw!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    While I know that y'all are loving this talk about which guns you should buy, this kinda isn't the place for it, so maybe continue the conversation elsewhere?

Arsenic

Years
  • Apologies. Got carried away.

In the case of the need for a survival plan. I don't have much honestly... I wasn't even expecting this to happen in the first place...

I suppose if it comes to apocalypse then I will annex the local Lowe's so I have construction material then raid nearby grocery stores. Eventually I'd want to head south where it's warmer...

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • One of my friends posted this image to me explaining on why the hate and fear towards Trump's presidency is greatly exaggerated:

Spoiler:

I'm rather disappointed in it not listing environmental issues such as climate change and endangered species. You are also free to provide any sources that counters this image's argument.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • How are we going to survive the increasing sectional divide in our country? Our first president George Washington warned against sectionalism in his farewell address, and our nation has had a bad history of terrible sectionalism- the most notable being the Civil War. Sectionalism almost never turns out well.

Now, we face sectionalism in these ways:

-the hatred of the other candidate spilled over into friendships and relationships. Supporting one candidate or another ruined friendships. This really split the country in half, with people hating the other side.

-the Calexit movement gaining steam

-former Hillary supporters rioting about the Trumps victory, which is quite interesting. Wasnt it the Hillary supporters and liberals saying Trump supporters wouldnt accept a Trump victory? Yet here we are: liberals rioting in the streets, attacking Trump supporters, and refusing to accept Trump as the future president of the US

-minorities and whites are experiencing sectionalism... some minorities feel that their rights will be trampled upon, and a recent act of vandalism protesting Trump calls for whites to die

-the electoral college. people feel that they have no say in states that are heavily blue or red. people are angry that Clinton won the popular vote, yet still lost the election (and understandably so).

Years
  • Guys, please. The reason people are afraid is because in the last few days there have a lot of incidents of intimidation and assaults by racists and other assholes.

[strong racist language, be warned]

Spoiler:

Read about a few others here if you'd like. I'm not going to go into all of them, but suffice it to say that the worst people in America feel emboldened to harass, assault, and threaten minorities and women. That's why people are afraid. They see this as a sign of what's to come. Yes, these things have happened in the past, but we're worried about it getting worse. Just in my own area, a friend was almost run off the road by a truck with the passenger shouting "get out of my ****ing way libtard" and someone's young child was in a classroom where one kid told another he would have to pack up and leave because he was Mexican. Other friends of mine said that at a parent-teach conference all the teachers were afraid for their kids.

ANYWAY, to get back to the purpose of this thread, I think one other thing people can do to help is to ignore the mainstream media. They're focusing on only the flashiest elements of the protests which paints them as just violence mongers instead of actually going out and speaking to people who are protesting (or cherry picking the people they do speak to).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back