• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] What did you like about the games?

Years
  • There's still quite a bit of controversy floating about the net in regards to SwSh, but there are still many positives to talk about. What do you like most about these games? You can give your thoughts even if you haven't played -- maybe you have enjoyed the music you've heard so far, or like a lot of new Pokémon designs! Spread the positivity. ♬

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
  • Only things I liked were some of the new Pokemon designs, the music, almost forgot but QoL improvements, and I had some enjoyment with the game because it was Pokemon.

Last edited:

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • I love making my Ultra-Rare Reverse Holographic Trainer Card GX (Christmas Edition)™ and giving it to everyone.

But really, things like the raid battles with everyone is really neat, good times to have with my friends. Another thing I love is the competitive scene feeling nice to get into, being allowed a rental team to practice strategy in the battle tower is a nice touch to ease people into that before they tackle everything else.

And Snom. Definitely Snom.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I like a lot of the new Pokemon. The general gist (maybe not execution) of Raid Battles are fun. There's a bunch of good tracks in these games and despite some hiccups I definitely feel it is a stronger soundtrack than SM's. And the competitive training improvements are appreciated.

Years
  • I liked everything, really. I'm delighted with everything in store here.

The new Pokémon just keep getting cooler the more I see of them - all the nice and/or ridiculous little details that you see in camp and in battle animations are great to look at (Appletun's flippy eyes, Inteleon's contact move animation that looks like bar fighting, Cinderace falling to its knees as if it scored a goal...).

I adore Rookidee. Blue tits are everywhere at grandma's house in the country and they are THE songbird for me (and shiny Rookidee are great tits, just as common).

The region looks beautiful. I sometimes just stop and admire the scenery, not just in the Wild Area. I really like the Wild Area itself - it's well thought out and gives you a sense of adventure and discovery. I'd sometimes imagine a whole field of tall grass and lo, in Bridge Field it was actually there.

Max Raids are fun, especially with actual people. Camp too - I love Pokémon camp, playing fetch and cooking, and visiting too. I got visited by a Trainer with a shiny Dragapult one time.

EDIT: Also loving the soundtrack so far (I look forward to the Gym Leader battle theme every time), but I'll listen to more of it once I finish the game for a more detailed opinion.

All in all, I'm really enjoying the game!

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'm a big fan of the music! Stow-on-Side, Wyndon Stadium, Marnie, Oleana, and Hop's battle themes especially are very good, and I could listen to them probably all day haha. It also introduced some of my new favorites like Wooloo, Indeedee, and Galarian Ponyta. 👍 I do enjoy the Wild Area a lot as well. Being able to catch Pokémon you normally wouldn't be able to catch in the wild is a big plus and made filling the dex easier!

Overall, it's a good game to me despite its flaws, and I'm happy seeing others feel the same.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    -Wild Area
    -Max Raid Battles
    -Snom
    -Marnie's battle theme
    -visual and QoL improvements
    -Gym Challenge changes (as in there's other participants besides you and your rival, no E4 structure, it gets broken into 2 parts, etc)

Bay

Years
  • The Wild Area was fun mainly checking out the various Pokemon and how a lot of them aren't the same strength. It can be exhilarating sometimes able to defeat a Pokemon several levels higher than you.

I liked a lot of the designs! I pretty much fell in love with the Pokemon on my team.

The music was great too! The gym leader's theme, Marnie's and several of the more spoilery ones were awesome.

rinnychu

rinnychu
    Years
  • Gym leader themes
    Pokemon designs ofc but I feel a good amount fall off for me
    Wild area and new introduction of dynamaxing
    Gigamax forms
    Regional forms
    Character designs
    How hop develops throughout the game IS A HUGE REASON why the game is so good

Commander Saturn

Information Broker
    Years
  • I absolutely love Piers, Opal and Bede. The themes for Bede, Marnie and the Gym Leader Battles are superb. Eternatus has become my second favourite legend, next to Yveltal. Appletun, Carkol, Nickit, Sandaconda are amazing with emphasis on Appletun. I am also quite thankful for the upgrades to competitive breeding. I also really enjoy that I can wear my d*uchebag-cop shades in game now.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    The better online interactivity. Though battling and trading has always been a staple of Pokemon, I really appreciate being able to see and interact with other trainers on a more personal level. :)

And camping!

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2019
    Things i like about it are
    Badges are back the grand trials thing from Ultra moon was ok but i prefer collecting badges.
    wild area is fun for me sometimes so thats a plus i guess.
    Some of the new pokemon are really nice. i love polteageist/toxtricity low key shiny which i have bred for and have in my team :D galarian meowth at first i was like nope now i kinda dont mind it, its a dude :D Galar weezing is hilar too.
    Milo the grass gym leader is cute.
    I like the daily battle cafe but wish they raised the level after you finished main story.

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2020
    The only things I don't like about the game are the same stuff everyone else doesn't. Not every Pokemon being in it, it's pretty short and it's super easy. Other than that I think it's an excellent game.

The Wild Area is a blast. I can spend hours in here. I like the challenge of catching some of the Gigamax Pokemon in Pokeballs (especially that Snorlax, took forever).

I really like the tournament design of the Elite Four. What a fun idea. I only wish there were more people you could battle in it once you've already beaten the game. I tend to only battle random trainers and not Gym Leaders or other fun characters.

Keeping TMs the way they were and adding TRs is a brilliant idea.

Since Gen 6 they really haven't designed a Pokemon I dislike.

Some new evolutions! Never thought Corsola, Farfetch'd and Mr. Mime would get evolutions.

Never really cared for new Pokemon forms but at least they made forms for Pokemon that aren't just Gen 1. Love Gen 1 but seeing Corsola and Zigzagoon and Yamask get some attention is fun.

Max Raids are a blast with friends. When my friends come over to play Pokemon it's always for battles but now we can work together and goof off looking for Pokemon one or the other doesn't have.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Gyms finally becoming a big deal.

People acknowledging you as their new god, I mean, Champion.

Better trainer customization options

Graphics are better, however incrementally, than prior games.

Best NPC Lass design to date.

Delilah the Tired

Pokémon Breeder
    Years
  • I definitely like how they made the gym challenge seem like a huge part of Galarian culture and not just throwing 10 year olds at random people and making them fight. They also introduced toxel, yamper, and snom, clearly making them some of the best games of all time

Back