• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you could redo any shiny pokemon, what would it be and why?

SceptileActual

Sceptile, The Forest Pokémon.
Years
  • There is tons of good shinies out there but there are a lot of bad ones, simple color tone change to puke green. Personally, the Machamp line and the Gen 4 trio -Giratina, Palkia and Dialga have some pretty bad shinies. Dialga has a horrible shiny depicting light blue and blue-green which I feel don't fit whatsoever. Palkia is a tone change and Giratina just feels too organic with the skin color and the light blue. Finally, Machamp shiny doesn't need an explanation, I mean look at it.

Attachments

• dialga1.jpg
      dialga1.jpg
      9.3 KB · Views: 0
    • Palkia1.jpg
      Palkia1.jpg
      7.5 KB · Views: 1
    • Giratina 1.jpg
      Giratina 1.jpg
      10.1 KB · Views: 2
    • Machamp 1.jpg
      Machamp 1.jpg
      5.6 KB · Views: 3

pkmin3033

Garchomp springs to mind immediately, you can barely tell it's shiny. Same with Gengar. Real wasted opportunity there on both counts.

Also, Espeon. Pretty much every green shiny is disgusting, but Espeon is so disgusting it's actually offensive.

SceptileActual

Sceptile, The Forest Pokémon.
    Years
  • Have you seen shiny Mega Garchomp?
    garchomp-mega.png

Years
  • shiny espeon could've probably benefited from the whole "barely changed shiny" colour-wise because purple is a good enough colour for it as it is, but instead they went with green for some reason. .__.

shiny jolteon could've been done WAY better, too. @_@

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Tauros for sure. It has a shiny that just make it look so... unwell. I don't like it. Maybe making it just a lighter shade of brown would have been better for it than that green it has. =/

Years
  • Pretty much all of them. I might be in the minority but find just about every shiny looks far worse than the original design.

Lil MuDkiP849

Dream Chaser
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Aug 12, 2021
    I think Giratina shiny looks sick 0.0 This is the first I've heard of someone disliking it.

I'm not too big of a fan of pink shiny Swampert, I think a color more dark fits in better with its "Mudfish" concept.

There are others though like Shiny Manoswine, Shiny Typhlosion who don't really look all *that* different from their regular version IIRC..

Years
  • Pink Butterfree already exists in anime canon, so it's really disappointing that it didn't become its official shiny coloring. So much more interesting than the variation we've got now.

f1e1d8efdda459b28fae5305fdd3a289c0bb8cc3_hq.gif

Ruellia

Roo-EL-yuh
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Dec 24, 2019
    Any of the ones that are so close to their original sprite as to make it hard to tell they're shiny on first glance, for the obvious reason that I could potentially down them without even noticing they're shiny if I encounter one while grinding.

This one is awful. The shiny is a more dull colour than the normal one...? Makes sense /s

Years
  • Pikachu definitely. Gengar too but I'd keep his mega the same, maybe make his normal shiny match that. As for Pikachu, I'd give it Marill colors because of the age old Pikablu stuff

Years
  • Arcanine should be white, Butterfree should be pink like in the anime (a popular opinion), and almost all green shinies (like Espeon, agh) should be changed to almost anything else. Green looks so bad for most of them. :<

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2021
    Off the top of my head, espeon and teddiursa/ursaring. WHY are they green? green shinies are so hard to do (basically crustle nails it and the rest is questionable ahah). Espeon could be golden or orange since it's got that daylight thing going, and teddiursa/ursaring could be a a nice silver maybe
    Sylveon should have a fall-themed shiny like trevenant. burnt sienna, olive green and yellowish orange
    The shinies that barely change colors all deserve more. Imagine a hazel pikachu with yellow stripes (and maybe turquoise cheeks?), or a pitch black gengar (to contrast with the gorgeous pure white mega gengar even though RIP megas so maybe regualr gengar could also be white?)

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    I would change Honchkrow to a much less flashier color. Absolutely no class smh

Last edited:
    Years
  • i'd also change uxie/mesprit/azelf's shinies as their shade of yellow absolutely clashes with their primary colours (with the exception of Uxie). i get trying to make them the same shiny colours for mostly obvious reasons, but yellow isn't it at all. @__@

milcute

a sweet melody~
    Years
  • To be honest, I'd redo the majority of the Kanto and Johto Dex. A lot of them just use such unpleasant colors. I know that it's because the Gameboy Color didn't have the best palette but some of them just look so bad in newer gens.

Also, Garchomp. What's the point of a shiny Pokemon that looks exactly the same as its normal coloration?

Years
    • Online now
    I already saw it mentioned here, but I don't like green Espeon. It could have almost any other color and it would look better.

Back