• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga 2018 Season! What Will You Watch?

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
I'll be catching up with the sequels to overlord, seven deadly sins and dagashi kashi. I'll also be following beatless and darling in the franxx. I'll also probably watch kokkoku since it seems quite interesting to me, but I have this nagging feeling that it'll end up being a letdown.

I don't really know that anything this season should be on a must watch list, however, I thought the first season of Overlord was quite good and is worth a watch, while Seven Deadly Sins was decent, but more or less had been over-hyped so that I don't exactly care if I can't keep up with new season of it or not. Dagashi Kashi had its strong points, alongside great new waifu bait, and I'm looking forward to the new season although the show itself isn't anything spectacular or ground-breaking.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2017
Overlord II, the new Cardcaptor, Seven Deadly Sins' second season, Seven Heavenly Virtues... and, obviously, continue to watch Sun and Moon lol. Lots of sequels this season actually.

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
Years
I'm sure everyone will be watching Violet Evergarden, seeing how everyone is talking about this being KyoAni's most beautiful anime they've made so far based on the PV's. I of course am excited to see how well the show does.

I will check out Darling in the FRANXX as it's a joint by Trigger. From what I have seen, it reminds me a bit of Kizniver.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Oddly enough, I have a feeling that I'll be just watching past shows, as well as VE and Ancient Magus' Bride.

I think my backlog is getting too big.

Years
Dagashi Kashi 2....because I already saw the original and may as well watch the sequel =p

ALSO Saiki Kusuo no Ψ-nan 2 omg!! I almost completely forgot! This series is absolutely hilarious and amazing, I wish more people were talking about it because it really does deserve the massively high ratings it gets. Don't know when I was last laughing over an anime to that extent.

Not sure about new series yet, so I'll give those a few episodes before making any calls.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen today
  • Citrus
  • Dagashi Kashi
  • Pop Team Epic
  • Koizumi-san Loves Ramen
  • A Place Further Than The Universe
  • Yuru Camp
  • Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens
^ Depending on what's available on Crunchyroll. I'm still watching The Ancient Magus' Bride from last season. I'd very much like to watch Violet Evergarden though, so here's hoping Crunchy picks it up.

Last edited:
Years
  • Citrus
  • Dagashi Kashi
  • Pop Team Epic
  • Koizumi-san Loves Ramen
  • A Place Further Than The Universe
  • Yuru Camp
  • Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens
^ Depending on what's available on Crunchyroll. I'm still watching The Ancient Magus' Bride from last season. I'd very much like to watch Violet Evergarden though, so here's hoping Crunchy picks it up.

Violet Evergarden is confirmed for Netflix globally, iirc. It's simulcasting in most markets, and I think the UK is one of those. I think the USA is the only market with a delayed airing.

Years
oh my goddd I forgot the new cardcaptors
yes PLEASE it will be the first thing I will watch tomorrow morning!!

edit: omg its out

Last edited:
Years
I suppose I should actually list what's on my watch list for this season (English titles):

Dagashi Kashi
Skilled Teaser Takagi-san
Mitsuboshi Colors
Pop Team Epic
Takunomi.
Yuru Camp
The Ryuo's Work is Never Done!
Slow Start
Ms. Koizumi Loves Ramen Noodles
A Place Further Than the Universe

That should keep me fairly busy with anime this season.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen today
Violet Evergarden is confirmed for Netflix globally, iirc. It's simulcasting in most markets, and I think the UK is one of those. I think the USA is the only market with a delayed airing.

Oh that's great news well not for America. I'll be picking up Violet Evergarden then, I've heard lots of praise for it so I'm curious about all the hype.

Years
I know for certain I'm watching Nanatsu no Taizai. Hey, how good is Cardcaptors really? I've read xxxHOLiC and Tsubasa Chronicles so I have some sense of Clamp's writing, but I'm hesitant.

Years
Yeah CCS is great; you're missing out imo if you've seen & liked the original but aren't watching this one. It's absolutely beautiful visuals-wise too. I mean, Tsubasa (and Syaoran/Sakura) is the series most dear to my heart also so perhaps I'm a little bit biased, but the new Cardcaptors really has been great so far, and we're only an episode in.

Years
So my watching list turned way bigger than I thought..... from the currently airing list, I'm watching Cardcaptor Sakura Clear Card, Dagashi Kashi 2, IDOLiSH7, Micchiri Neko (yes this is for little kids but it is cute and i love cats ok), Pop Team Epic, Saiki Kusuo 2, Sanrio Boys, and Violet Evergarden. Some very beautiful series this time around! Violet Evergarden is especially gorgeous, and quite emotional too.

Years
Update: I have managed to watch nothing from my list for this season because of a combination of a couple factors. I do intend to change that but I may need to shell out the extra cash to replace my $15 router to rectify that.

Back