• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Low HP

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    Did you guys like the music playing at low HP? I personally loved the concept and the remix was very nice, but at times I was bummed that it interrupted the other (often cooler) battle themes. If Black and White had less good music I would've minded that less, haha.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    It beats the irritating klaxon that goes off regardless of the battle theme in the previous generations. Sometimes its irritating but I find Unova doesn't have any battle themes that top Lance / Red's them in HeartGold / SoulSilver.

Years
  • I agree with Amore, the remix that plays is a million times better than the annoying klaxon thing of other Pokemon games, that thing got irritating super fast and I found this was a much better choice of music.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I hate that music honestly. It's not bad? But it interrupts music that's always way better than it and I would prefer to just hear the song that was playing beforehand. Gen V has some great music and I just feel like this one gets in the way. But, if anything, it encourages me to keep my Pokemon's health up, lol.

Years
  • It was an interesting move by Game Freak to remix that typical beeping noise into its own music, but ultimately people regret it because I remember hearing it get hated a lot, and might be why we reverted back to just the beeping in 6th Gen.

Years
  • 96px-517Munna.png

What really killed this for me is the fact that they keep it even in important fights like Gym Leaders and the Team Plasma higher-ups. Not fun when I just want to have my epic music playing in the background!

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • What really killed this for me is the fact that they keep it even in important fights like Gym Leaders and the Team Plasma higher-ups. Not fun when I just want to have my epic music playing in the background!

That is definitely the main issue regarding this. I usually like hearing the epic soundtrack of Unova and the annoying Low HP music makes me always want to not take as much damage as I can.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Having it interrupt the brilliant battle themes of the games was a downside, yes, but it was my favorite of all the damage beeps. It was very clever and went along nicely with the wide variety of changing music the games had.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    It would've been fine if you could turn it off, but I think that's asking for too much modification in a Pokémon game, isn't it? :p

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I don't like how it just plays over the music, especially with some of the better soundtracks in the game. Like others said, it gets repetitive after a while so I've never really been a fan of it myself.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    There should've been remixed versions of all the battle tracks instead of it replacing them. I would still prefer to just have the normal music though. I can see the bar aready and it's a turn-based game where I'm under no pressure such that I wouldn't be at leisure to take note of it. There even being a low-health sound never made sense in the first place.

It would've been fine if you could turn it off, but I think that's asking for too much modification in a Pokémon game, isn't it? :p
    ... Actually, is there a romhack that only changes this? Would that be a reasonable request? I feel nostalgic about Castellia City for some reason, and I never followed the story well (or it was just incoherent) so I might play these games again and it would be nice to have that fixed.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I think having the low HP alert as part of music adds more to the intensity of the match, which makes it interesting point in Gen V. However, it's not without issues, as it can override epic music battles like when Gym Leader has one last Pok?mon.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • It gets my blood pumping, that I'm sure of. It's a nice little addition to the games which makes it different from the other generations.

Although I prefer playing without the music on. lololol

Damien.aspiring.fandev

Chapter 16 A New Dawn { ||:^❩ )
    Years
  • While on my quest for the "ripping" of apricorn and sport balls, there's many
    minuscule things that took my interest : tall flowerstalks that seem to be blown by the wind,
    the music being influenced by road musicians, indoor musicians and the mere fact you're
    walking, furniture facing other directions, doors being often located on other sides of the
    buildings, the menu sounds, seasons... I think I regret stopping back at the 4th Gen...
    But when, during a battle, I started earing something weird about the beeping...
    and when I managed to figure out it was a whole new soundtrack remixed with the
    old beeping, I evolved into flareon and spat flames, just like Jessie! (also, it brought
    a tear to my eye...;-;) .
    Sadly, the soundtrack didn't make it to the next games, I wonder why ...
    Also, where did the water and footstep sound effects added in HG&SS go in B&W?
    And what about the text-box frames? I guess these features were cut in order to
    save room for others?

immacksg

follow @immacksg on twitter for some rad cartoon a
    Years
  • I liked the idea of it, but I hated the song, and BW had some great battle themes, so it playing over it just really killed the battle for me.

Back