• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

AMA Ask the Bae

Sirfetch’d

I've always wondered, what is your favorite Pokemon?

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
  • i'm gonna guess you like anime? if so, what's your favorite? if not, why don't you? also, do you have any good anime recs for sad, heavy hitting emotional story type anime?

Bay

Years
  • I've always wondered, what is your favorite Pokemon?
    Design wise, Seadra for a long while. This card design made me love it (I played the card games before the games, lol). Then when I played Sapphire, I used Seadra without evolving it onto Kingdra and it stood on its own fine!

i'm gonna guess you like anime? if so, what's your favorite? if not, why don't you? also, do you have any good anime recs for sad, heavy hitting emotional story type anime?

I used to like anime a lot, but lately I haven't kept up with current ones except for a few due to real life and a lot of stuff weren't as interesting to me. My favorite anime is Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood because the plot and characters are awesome. As for anime recs with good sad stories, the closest thing that I can think of is the movie Wolf Children (lots of feels lol). Oh, Cowboy Bebop probably counts as it has very likable characters and then you feel sorry for them as the story goes further. The other anime I've watched are more action heavy than emotional haha.

Bay

Years
  • i see you write fics! how long have you been writing? have you ever received professional training?

In terms of trying to attempt at serious writing, been doing that since I was in high school, so like twelve years already. As for if I received professional training, I did take a creative writing class on my last semester of university, but not sure if that counts. Otherwise, I've been mostly self taught by practicing, getting feedback from others, and checking out advice from various published authors.

Bay

Years
  • Favourite music genre? From what I've seen on dubtrack I reckon you have a wide taste in music :)

I do have a wide taste in music, haha. I listen to classic rock, alternative rock, and hip hop the most, though. I can listen to some heavy rock/metal, though I'm sorta picky/need to expand more I guess.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    What will make you change names to Bae Alexison?

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    What was the first fanfic you ever read and the first you ever wrote?

Bay

Years
  • What was the first fanfic you ever read and the first you ever wrote?
    First fanfic I've ever read would be a Pokemon fic called The Ties That Bind by Saffire Persian ( which I think they posted it here long long ago). It's a short story about a trainer losing their Charizard during a battle and then they reflected the good times they had with their Pokemon. It pulled my heartstrings so much lol.

First fic I wrote was a Pokemon fic that's about a Pokemon fisherman trying to catch a Whiscash. Pretty much a Pokemonized version of Ernest Hemingway's The Old Man and the Sea. I was reading Hemingway's book while on a field trip to a couple college tours and for some reason that story inspired me to do a Pokemon fic featuring Whiscash and Manectric haha. It was only posted in Serebii forums since I didn't join PC until a little later.

What was the most embarrassing fic you've ever written?
    Oh man, there's this Fullmetal Alchemist fic where it's supposed to be a what if Roy was still blind after the events of the story kind of deal. I have Riza watch over Roy and them starting a relationship, but... Well, let's say I didn't do so well writing blind Roy because I didn't do too much research on blindness, both of them were out of character, and the smut scene I wrote is just bad, hahaha.

Last edited:
    Reactions: noa

Bay

Years
  • Favorite writing subjects?

By subjects, I guess you mean themes? Funny enough, there was a thread of that discussion a month ago, and I mentioned this:

I focus more on telling the story I want instead of themes because then the story might feel forced if I try to limit to the theme(s) I'm trying to achieve. The themes just pop up as I write, though I noticed a lot of my stories focus on family, childhoods, digging up old pasts, and second chances.

Bay

Years
  • What's your favorite thing about writing? Also, is there anything that really frustrates you in terms of writing?

I think the most favorite part with writing is characters interacting with one another. It's fun for me to see how certain relationships, platonic or romantic, unfold. Most frustrating is the grammar. I worry my prose isn't clear enough since I have folks that commented on my grammar.

Back