• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon CrystalDust [v3 PUBLIC ALPHA]

Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2021
Because the ROM Hack is being rebuilt using Pokemon Emerald as the base game, are Pokemon now available to be caught by Time of Day basis? For example will Hoothoot now replace Pidgey on Route 21 depending if it's day or night then?

Yes, it works just like you described. You can use a Crystal Pokédex for accurate locations. I caught everything that is possible up to Sudowoodo event so I can confirm it works as it should.

Years
  • Seen yesterday
Yes, it works just like you described. You can use a Crystal Pokédex for accurate locations. I caught everything that is possible up to Sudowoodo event so I can confirm it works as it should.

Sweet~~~!

Thanks man 😊👍

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 14, 2022
hey sierra, just played through the v3alpha!
why do you undersell the old version so much, outdated and worse and whatnot, it seemed pretty clean to me!
also, what is up with gym leader tms being so different between the versions?
thanks for this passion project, it's really beautiful

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 4, 2021
Hi buddy. I loved the new beta, very good work and excellent editing. I can't wait to play the full version. Do you have any idea when the game will be complete? Greetings from Guatemala!

Years
  • Age 55
  • Seen Dec 19, 2021
2PndOBP.png

getting this error trying to build from source

Last edited:
Years
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 23, 2022
I was wondering if there are reusable tms and where are the elemental punches? Sorry I could not find a change log.

EDIT found out the answer to both but can I make tms reusable with a patch or would it not work? EDIT I was wondering where is mareep I could not find a encounter list?

Last edited:
Years
@kalebpikachu10

It won't be updated. Read a few posts above yours.

Someone else may have picked up the project, continuing it. Saw on a thread somewhere.

Great for the fans. Im not sure if I heard of this crystal remake before but it looks fantastic! Hoping to 1 day be able to play it on the Analogue pocket like an official game- maybe trade with the other Pokémon games.
Props to the maker, and hope whatever u had to go through to make this happen was everything u wished for!

Edit: Might have read that Sierra, the creator, is a software engineer. Holy crap, congrats. I've heard ppl make bank with such a job lol. But I'm sure it's more about the passion.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 4, 2024
Sierra and Deo waiting for some music right now, project is technically 'almost' completed, they just need music before releasing the first version. If you are a musician and want to help, join Crystal Dust's discord.
How many people browse these forums waiting patiently to hear news like this? I'm pumped!

Back