• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] Lunar Eclipse: A Dark-type Pokemon Fanclub!

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
Years
(please excuse my CSS, I'm still learning)

When night falls, the moon will rise. Welcome to Lunar Eclipse, a Dark-type Pokemon Fanclub ran by yours truly! Known as the Evil type in Japan, this majestic typing was introduced in the second generation to counter the menacing Psychic-types but then to lose to the cutesy magic users in Gen 6.

These crafty fighters have an impressive array of moves such as Dark Pulse, Sucker Punch, Crunch, and the most impressive Knock Off to become tricky to deal with. Trainers such as Grimsley, Sidney, Nanu, Piers, and Karen trained these Dark-types to their full potential and therefore among the strongest.

If you wish to join, please fill out the following form posted below the Guardian of Darkness:

10149fa38668e5d86c2858b72adc71c1f9f26ab3.png

Username:
Favourite Dark-type(s):

Members_darktype.png

Fafrir
560ms6.png
635.png
571.png
773.png
717.png
658.png

VisionofMilotic
359.png
570.png
571.png
675.png
658.png
635.png
248.png

Ninetales
510.png
359.png
571.png
461.png
491.png
197.png

Castform
630.png

Masumi
248.png
625.png
560ms6.png
635.png
275.png

Nogardrysa
635.png
571.png
359.png
262.png
197.png
229.png

Last edited:
Years
Yay!!! The dark type Pokemon club is finally here. Sign me up, I love this Pokemon type.

Username: VisionofMilotic or you can call me Sam if you rather. I respond to both.

Favourite Dark-type(s): Absol!!!! This is my all time favorite dark type Pokemon. I have a collection of many over the years. It has such a cool design, and is featured prominently in one of my favorite Pokemon movies Jirachi Wishmaker.

After Absol my next favorite is a tie between the Zorua line and Pangoro. Zorua's/Zoroark's ability is so original and fun. As for Pangoro I see this gruff panda bear as my body gaurd and protector.

Greninja would also make it to my top 5. He's my favorite XY starter. I know a lot of people don't like this Pokemon and think it's overrated, but I love that darn tongue scarf and that he's this sleek poison dart frog working as an assassin/ninja. To me his acrobatic battle animation is so amusing, and you can't beat the ability protean.

I also was a really tough choice between Tyranitar and Hydreigon for the next slot. Tie?

It's harder for me to actually find a dark Pokemon I don't like. I could go on with quite a few more but I'd end up reading most of the pokedex, so I had to cut myself off somewhere

Last edited:

faf

Years
Yay!!! The dark type Pokemon club is finally here. Sign me up, I love this Pokemon type.

Username: VisionofMilotic or you can call me Sam if you rather. I respond to both.

Favourite Dark-type(s): Absol!!!! This is my all time favorite dark type Pokemon. I have a collection of many over the years. It has such a cool design, and is featured prominently in one of my favorite Pokemon movies Jirachi Wishmaker.

After Absol my next favorite is a tie between the Zorua line and Pangoro. Zorua's/Zoroark's ability is so original and fun. As for Pangoro I see this gruff panda bear as my body gaurd and protector.

Greninja would also make it to my top 5. He's my favorite XY starter. I know a lot of people don't like this Pokemon and think it's overrated, but I love that darn tongue scarf and that he's this sleek poison dart frog working as an assassin/ninja. To me his acrobatic battle animation is so amusing, and you can't beat the ability protean.

I also was a really tough choice between Tyranitar and Hydreigon for the next slot. Tie?

It's harder for me to actually find a dark Pokemon I don't like. I could go on with quite a few more but I'd end up reading most of the pokedex, so I had to cut myself off somewhere
Howdy hi, welcome to the club! Glad you can join the dark side, we have cookies and milk on the side!

Absol is certainly a unique looking Pokemon and a nice lore too, poor thing just wanted to warn the people of a disaster but ended up being blamed for the disaster instead.

I definitely love the Zorua line! Zoroark is actually one of the favourites and it used to being top 10 but top 20 is fine too, so many Pokemon I love though, haha. I have a few figurines of this line too!

As a Scrafty fan, I can definitely see the appeal of Pangoro; a rough and tough looking panda but it's also kind to its friends. It's not one of my favourites but I still like it! The fact that Dark-types are required for this evolution is hilarious too!

I love Greninja myself for the reasons you mentioned, such a fun design and concept for a starter Pokemon and I can understand slightly why the overexposure caused people to hate its design.

Hydreigon is absolutely amazing! It's a Pokemon I loved at first sight and it most likely would have been my favourite Pokemon but it's fine as my second favourite. Have lots of merch for this line!

Tyranitar is badass! Definitely love its monstrous look and it's extremely useful in battle too!

I'm with you too, I don't think Dark-types have any bad designs but even if they did I couldn't bring myself to actively dislike it. :P

Years
Username: MysticalNinetales
Favourite Dark type(s): Liepard, Absol, Zoroark, Weavile, Darkrai

G8tcU8w.gif

My all-time favourite is Liepard! I've always found this gorgeous cat to be enthralling! I absolutely love its design, it's simply perfection. Not only is it my favourite dark type, but it's one of my favourite pokemon overall.

faf

Years
Username: MysticalNinetales
Favourite Dark type(s): Liepard, Absol, Zoroark, Weavile, Darkrai

G8tcU8w.gif

My all-time favourite is Liepard! I've always found this gorgeous cat to be enthralling! I absolutely love its design, it's simply perfection. Not only is it my favourite dark type, but it's one of my favourite pokemon overall.
Henlo there, welcome to the dark side!

Liepard is a great Pokemon and its Hidden Ability Prankster helps it to excel too. I do like how sly and smug it looks too!

Weavile is one of my favourites too, I do like how it's a smug and cool looking cat weasel creature and it's such a powerhouse too with its excellent Attack, blistering Speed, workable movepool, and amazing STAB!

Darkrai is quite an appealing Pokemon too and it's a such a shame its signature move got a huge accuracy nerf thanks to Smeargle abusing it in VGC 2016.

Since we are getting more members, I have some topics for you!
What is your favourite Dark-type and why?
(I know you guys have answered this already so you don't need to answer again but I'm curious for the future members.)
I just realized I have posted my favourite in the OP but haven't explained it yet!
Anyways, Scrafty is not only my favourite Dark-type but it's also my favourite Pokemon! I actually used to hate it at first and then I decided to use in my Gen 5 playthroughs and grew to love it, both its design and competitive use. I find it to be the most creative Pokemon concept and design because it's a lizard with a crest in the shape of a Mohawk and it wears its dead skin like baggy pants and hood. Dark/Fighting is an amazing combination too and it can use it well with its 3 amazing abilities and large movepool. Overall, I love everything about it but if it can get more Attack then I will be a happy woman. I also have a plushie of it.

What is your favourite Dark-type move?
I really, really love Knock Off! The utility and the ability to hurt opponents more if they are holding an item is excellent to use.

Years
What is your favourite Dark-type move?
I really, really love Knock Off! The utility and the ability to hurt opponents more if they are holding an item is excellent to use.

Sucker Punch. It packs a wallop and was a godsend to my favorite dark Pokemon absol, since his attack is in the stratosphere but has middling speed and doesn't have the bulk to take more than one hit, so getting the jump on the important is everything. It's high risk and high reward!

Knock off is a close second for me though!

faf

Years
To celebrate Club of the Month, let's have a well-known Pokemon for March's Pokemon of the Month!

It's Umbreon!

Introduced in the second generation with the new type as well as a day and night function, this Moonlight Pokemon can be obtain by maxing out Eevee's friendship and evolving it during the night. Umbreon's rings glow when it's excited, if it's in the full moon, and when it attacks and it is able to sweat poison when it is agitated. It lurks in the shadows while it waits for its prey...

What are your thoughts on Umbreon? Do you like this new evolution method for Eevee? Have you used an Umbreon before and if so, what did you think?​

Years
Umbreon's a cool Pokemon! The dark typing has so many Pokemon I love, so Umbreon has fierce competition, but he still ranks up there in my top 10 favorite dark mons. I like the Umbreon's design, and that it's one of Gary Oak's signature Pokemon. It fits him with it's aloof presence.

I think that concept of two opposing evolutions triggered by daytime or nighttime was always a really interesting and original idea. I think Umbreon and Espeon may be my favorite set of eeveelutions.

I have used Umbreon before, it's a good wall.
I am the proud owner of a shiny Umbreon that I evolved from a shiny Eevee boyfriend traded me. I also have got an Umbreon plushie in my room.

One thing I wanted to mention is that I think dark type Pokemon get a bad rep as being "evil" because of the Japanese name for their typing. But I don't think dark is evil, merely misunderstood, and Umbreon is one of the many great examples of good dark Pokemon. A trainer can only get an Umbreon by reaching a high friendship level with their Eevee, meaning that it is capable of depths of caring.

Sirfetch’d

Favorite Dark type Pokemon: Mandibuzz

I'll join in on some Dark type love! I've never really considered the Dark type as one of my favorites until I've recently started to use some more Dark types in my runs and I've really grown to appreciate the type a bit more! It also seems like the fans generally love the type when you look at the recent favorite Pokemon competition results with Greninja placing first and Umbreon also in the top 5.

What is my favorite Dark type? Mandibuzz! I was robbed of using this Pokemon when gen 5 was release because I picked White version but once I was able to get one via a trade it instantly became one of my favorites. I think Vullaby is very adorable and transitions into a really strong and intimidating looking Mandibuzz once it evolves. She is a great tank to use on any team and just sets herself apart from other flying types. I just really like her!

Fleurdelis

Endless pain and suffering
Years
Username: Ryo

Favorite Dark type Pokemon: Tyranitar

I'll slide in for some Dark-type love. Dark slowly became one of my fav types to use.

What is my favorite Dark type? Tyranitar, always loved how it looked, been a powerhouse in every team I had, even though i obtained it late in most games.

faf

Years
Username: Castform

Favorite Dark type Pokemon: Mandibuzz

I'll join in on some Dark type love! I've never really considered the Dark type as one of my favorites until I've recently started to use some more Dark types in my runs and I've really grown to appreciate the type a bit more! It also seems like the fans generally love the type when you look at the recent favorite Pokemon competition results with Greninja placing first and Umbreon also in the top 5.

What is my favorite Dark type? Mandibuzz! I was robbed of using this Pokemon when gen 5 was release because I picked White version but once I was able to get one via a trade it instantly became one of my favorites. I think Vullaby is very adorable and transitions into a really strong and intimidating looking Mandibuzz once it evolves. She is a great tank to use on any team and just sets herself apart from other flying types. I just really like her!
Welcome to the dark side! Dark-types are certainly popular and amazing to use!
Mandibuzz is definitely one bulky buzzard, especially when she can utilize Roost, Defog, and Foul Play. I'm glad you were able to get her in White despite the hassle of version exclusives. I do love how both Vullaby and Mandibuzz wears bones too, such a cool detail!

Username: Ryo

Favorite Dark type Pokemon: Tyranitar

I'll slide in for some Dark-type love. Dark slowly became one of my fav types to use.

What is my favorite Dark type? Tyranitar, always loved how it looked, been a powerhouse in every team I had, even though i obtained it late in most games.
And another welcome to the dark side! Dark-types are always potent to use, especially Tyranitar. Its flexibility allows it to run Dragon Dance, Choice Band, Mixed set, and much more. Level 55 is late to evolve so it makes sense to have it late game but it's worth it in the end!

Sirfetch’d

Vullaby looks so cute with her little bone diaper haha! I do find it odd though how little Vullaby can learn fly but I guess that is just Pokémon logic!

Fleurdelis

Years
And another welcome to the dark side! Dark-types are always potent to use, especially Tyranitar. Its flexibility allows it to run Dragon Dance, Choice Band, Mixed set, and much more. Level 55 is late to evolve so it makes sense to have it late game but it's worth it in the end!

I remember grinding hours on FireRed just to get a Tyranitar, going through the league like 10+ times.
Other favorites of mine would be Bisharp, Scrafty, Hydreigon and Shiftry.

Years
You guys are naming some really good Pokemon.

I'm also found of the dark ghosts like Spiritomb and Sableye. It's an epic typing and the mythology behind these Pokemon has always intrigued me. I would love to see Diamond and Pearl remakes that expand on the use of Spiritomb in the plot, and tell us more about the 108 lost souls that were bound to its keystone.

Sirfetch’d

Spiritomb is such an interesting Pokémon. It's one of the very few I've never used because of how hard it was to get in Platinum and not really appearing much in games as a whole. I really do hope it gets its own side quest in the eventual gen 4 remakes!

Years
I've also always loved Spiritomb! It has such an alluring design and I'm intrigued by the concept of 108 spirits being collectively trapped in a keystone. Never mind the fact that it's a Pokémon that the legendary Cynthia uses! Moreover, Spiritomb's a Pokémon that I've desired to use in-game although I never have.

Sirfetch’d

Not to mention it has one of the best shinies in all of Pokémon!

Years
Spiritomb is such an interesting Pokémon. It's one of the very few I've never used because of how hard it was to get in Platinum and not really appearing much in games as a whole. I really do hope it gets its own side quest in the eventual gen 4 remakes!

I know how you feel. I never got around to encountering 32 non NPCs to summon Spiritomb either, and I didn't have a Spiritomb on my team until Oras. I liked it though, and you are right it is a phenomenal shiny. I didn't have the courage to shiny hunt for it though, knowing it had memento.

The azure flute needed to obtain Arceus from the Hall of Origin was never distributed out of concern it might prove too difficult for players, but more than Spiritomb in the same games?

Fleurdelis

Years
I remember cheesing Spiritomb out by consistently going in and out of the underground 32 times to talk to the same person. When I first used it I was really fond of it, using it as my main Ghost and Dark type mon in the game.

Sirfetch’d

I didn't even know at the time you could talk to the same person 32 times or I would have just done that with my brother's game haha. At least it was pretty easy to get in ORAS, even if a little late. Maybe it will appear in the DLC and I can shiny hunt it with eggs!

Back