• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
Here you go, Naku! http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=271201 (writing out the whole url just because I luv u so much and know u luv it)

Shiny, I can comment on it. I don't really understand what the region comes from, has it been there forever or just recently popped up into the world and drawn all the legendaries to it? Also, there are a few strange spaces between the rules and you've messed up the spoiler tags a bit in the SU area I think :3 try to look through the code and fix it? Other than that, it's fun with new regions as long as they are well thought out, as I believe I've said before. Sounds like it could be fun!

Let's just say it was undiscovered by humans until a ship with sailors discovered it when their ship suddenly sank near it. & I know it's messed up. -.- My computer thought it would 'goof off' everytime I checked out the preview of it. I plan to fix it soon.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
...Soo, does anyone know how to get in contact with Nideous? I don't really want to drop him from my roleplay, but it's sink or swim time and he has disappeared off the face of the earth, so I've got no other option besides somehow getting in contact with him.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
...Soo, does anyone know how to get in contact with Nideous? I don't really want to drop him from my roleplay, but it's sink or swim time and he has disappeared off the face of the earth, so I've got no other option besides somehow getting in contact with him.
There's an option to send him a message via email?

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024

Oh. OH! Oh . . .
Well, I did say that my idea was going to stray from the Eragon stories a bit . . . perhaps a lot.
Plus, don't have time for another RP right now, as I'm signing up for a few as it is. D: Also, I'm just reading Eragon like, right now, so . . . yeah, lol.

And Red, you ARE a cruel person. Don't deny it.

lol tbh, Making a RP by just reading Eragon is not... going to be good. Not because you can't get good ideas from it, but because from the second book onwards there are huge bucketloads of other stuff added to the universe like oaths and some stuff I don't remember. The whole series became sooooo complicated after Eldest lol

Also no comments about my Non fiction RP? :(

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
lol tbh, Making a RP by just reading Eragon is not... going to be good. Not because you can't get good ideas from it, but because from the second book onwards there are huge bucketloads of other stuff added to the universe like oaths and some stuff I don't remember. The whole series became sooooo complicated after Eldest lol

I . . . I wasn't going to make it right now, lol. I'm still working on that Kingdom Hearts RP. :P
And . . . I . . . will probably stray from Eragon a lot. Like, I'll probably pull a number of elements from Eragon, but also from other things too.

And, no. No one cares about you. xD
I think people like fantasy more, though. I mean, some might like non-fiction but . . . fantasy tends to prevail.

Woot! It's like 2 a.m. and I'm not even ti-*falls dead asleep* Wha-what? OH! Nope, no sleep here!

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022

From what I heard, Nideous' capabilities of internet had become limited recently. The only chances he has to come on is going to the library. At least that's what he told me.

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2016
Has anyone here seen 'Baccano!'? Because I've been thinking for a while now that I would want to make a Pokemon RP, that sees some elements of Baccano! in it.

Yagerbomb

←Apple Jack
Years

Non-Fiction RP? I read it, liked it, and I would be interested in joining such a RP. Feel better? :b

Years
I think people like fantasy more, though. I mean, some might like non-fiction but . . . fantasy tends to prevail.
I agree. Non-fiction would require knowledge on the subject beforehand, whereas fantasy can be made up, anytime and anywhere. I'm not saying that all RPers are "stupid" in the sense when it comes to non-fiction, but I mean, tell me how many people in this forum actually are into quantum physics or quantum chemistry? xD;;

Nakuzami

Years
but I mean, tell me how many people in this forum actually are into quantum physics or quantum chemistry? xD;;

Ooooooh, science. I know someone~~~ ;3

Plus, fantasy is just more . . . fun most of the time, lol. And if you're going to do a non-fiction role-play . . . well, it's going to be required that you have some fictional elements to it (unless you all want to play actual people and reenact every moment eactly, and simply guess on those obscure/unknown moments)

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2012
If anyone is interested in western zodiac/magical powers/good v evil they should check out my RP Zodiac Reborn. /shameless advertising. :D

As for the science thing, I've noticed that they tend to just do, rather than explain how a lot of things in the universe work, and if they do have an explanation, they make it in very simple terms.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024

Ooooooh, science. I know someone~~~ ;3

Plus, fantasy is just more . . . fun most of the time, lol. And if you're going to do a non-fiction role-play . . . well, it's going to be required that you have some fictional elements to it (unless you all want to play actual people and reenact every moment eactly, and simply guess on those obscure/unknown moments)

Well, yeah, I kind of plan to do that. Playing actual people? I don't think that's gonna work. By non-fiction here I meant, that we take the actual story (here, the Zodiac killings) and we put our fictional characters to solve the mystery. It'll definitely have a lot of fiction, but I'm gonna make sure it follows the timeline of the actual events. :P

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
Years
SHAMELESS SELF-PROMOTION:

Pokémon: A Fresh Start now has two spots up for the taking, please refer to the OOC for more information (:

Dawn

Years
Guys. I have an idea for a roleplay. It take place in the pokemon game world and could best be described as a post apocolyptic, mildly competiive roleplay that takes ideas from the Reburst manga. I've drawn up an idea of the plot below. Tell le what you think!

Plot

---
When Ghetsis was defeated atop N's castle most people had assumed N's dream had not only been doomed never to see the light of day, but abandoned by N himself. Team Plasma was a broken shell of it's former self, it's members in hiding or prison and it's sages having more or less accepted their failure. Team Plasma never recovered, and so the crisis was thought to have passed.

...However, what nobody had seen coming was that N's dream lived on not through N, nor Team Plasma, nor even Ghetsis, but through their admirers. A group of radicals operating low key as scientists pursued to succeed where N had failed through their own, far less innocent methods. They sought to engineer somethig that could break the mysterious bond between man and pokemon under the guise of trying to understand it; and so they did.

First, they created a formula that could break the bond, and through further study they were able to initiate a kind of biological warfare unlike anything anyone had ever seen before. A virus was released which could infect and attack pokemon, removing their ability to develop or maintain bonds with their trainers or others in general.

The worst had yet to come however. From atop his celestial perch Arceus was not unaware of this act against... well... itself! From the dawn of the pokemon they had been meant to be companions to humans. Who dared commit such a crime? Arceus looked out and saw that the world had become uninhabitable for pokemon to live without losing their gift and was enraged. Just like that, he took back the gift of pokemon entirely. Pokemon rapidly began vanishing off te face of the earth, their spirits being recalled to a place not even the virus could reach them.

...And what of the humans? Humanity was alright, for a short time. There was great panic and with good cause however as humanity became intimately aware of how much it had depended on pokemon. Everything from the police, to rescue teams, to hospitals, to farmers, /everything/ had depended on pokemon to some degree. Without pokemon, some of these things were made impossible or obsenely difficult compared to before.

Crime ran rampant. Without pokemon there was no meat, and the produce supplies were quickly diminished. Humanity as a whole quickly devolved into chaos as people were forced against a rock and a hard place. In the end, humanity itself was nearly wiped put, though as the population declined it became easier for individuals to survive. Unspeakable horrors were comitted in the name of life or death and a new era of depravity was formed. Children were the target of much hate, as well as those whom had them. As the population declined it became easier for individuals to survive however, and humanity eventually managed to stabilize itself. It was broken, but not down and out. Not even the scientists who had caused the catastrophe had been immune to the consequences. They had had no idea how dire they would be.

It was not truly the apocolypse, however. Some of humanity stood strong to their morals even as demise was upon them. Though they were often crushed under the boot of the horde their stands did not go unseen. Arceus eventually found it in itself to seek a remedy to the situation, to spare a shred of mercy. Using it's awesome power, Arceus restored the pokemon in a new form, that of which not even the virus could hope to corrupt a quake of unimaginable power shook Mt. Coronet and tore it asunder. Yet, from the gaping wound in the earth erupted a giant crystal formation. The crystal shimmered with divine power and from it the spirits of the pokemon returned. From then on, children from the ages of 10 to 13 would feel drawn to the site, wherein the spirit of a pokemon would choose them and fuse with them, giving the child the ability to take on some of the features of that pokemon and access to that pokemon's powers.

In addition, a large stone tablet rose with the formation, upon which was carved the words "BRING YOURSELVES TO JUSTICE" in plain English as well as several commandments in a language that only pokemon spirits can read.

Who would you play?

You would play one of the children gifted with a spirit of pokemon. Some of the adults would like to enslave you or work purposes, and the world is still rather chaotic. Your goal is either to bring the world out of it's depraved state, rule it, or whatever your character wants. The only thing that stands in the way is the other children that aren't on your side. The roleplay would end when/if one of the players gained enough power to change the world the way they want it to be through either getting others to join them or eliminating the competition. Your pokemon spirits are there to guide and support you eiher way, as all of them can communicate with their human host mentally.

In addition, you have the ability to absorb the pokemon spirits of defeated opponents, adding new forms to your arsenal.

Last edited:

Nakuzami

Years
Guys. I have an idea for a roleplay. It take place in the pokemon game world and could best be described as a post apocolyptic, mildly competiive roleplay that takes ideas from the Reburst manga. I've drawn up an idea of the plot below. Tell le what you think!

Oooooooooooh, sounds fun.
Apparently it's in a world without real animals . . . psst, they have real animals in the Pokemon world!
Once you post it, though, I'd love to join!
Ah, the world has been torn asunder by the ideas of a man named Natural Harmonia Gropius. Embarassing. xD

Dawn

Years
Apparently it's in a world without real animals . . . psst, they have real animals in the Pokemon world!

*PUTS ON HER LOREMASTER GLASSES*

That's actually an anime only thing. Because they were trying to be more kid friendly or something... I don't know. A book from the Canclave library kind of blatantly puts it out there that in the games, people eat pokemon. Not only that, but it was apparently one of the purposes for which pokemon were created. (It wouldn't be the first or the last time the pokemon games did something hardcore as heck with their lore.)

But yeah, that's why I specified the RP works off the games, because of subtle differences like that. Oh! And I'd be glad to have you, assuming my nerdragerant didn't scare you off.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Haha loremaster glasses, awesome.

Btw, there is one open spot in Arcanum, with Zekrom as guardian and either Vaporeon or Espeon as starter. If you think you can get your SU up relatively fast, please join :3

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I'll follow the trend.

If you're interested in my Surivial Pokestyle Rp, feel free to join I have 9 spots remaining, there are quite a few people reserved, so if you want a spot post your SU swiftly. Buut, no pressure. :3

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
Lol @Red, just seen your posts. For a while now I have been toying with the idea of a World of Warcraft style Roleplay. I have some ideas already written down if you wanted to team up and work together on it? Would be interesting, didn't know there were really many WoW fans here O.o

coughilvl381bloodelfmagecough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back