• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: UNCONFIRMED: Pokémon Let's Go! Pikachu, Eevee next titles

Venks

Water Pokémon Master
Years
I generally ignore most rumors/"leaks", we've gotten so many of them for Pokemon Switch ever since it was announced. But when I saw "Let's Go Pikachu" at the top of reddit I figured something must of been announced. Not quite, but apparently the names have been trademarked? I can start getting hype for that.

I'm not sure if I believe all the "leaks" but I'm excited for a game that takes place in Kanto again. I'm hoping we see all the old gym leaders, but I wouldn't mind if some of them stepped down to let other trainers take over the gyms. I also hope to see new evolutions for some of the Kanto Pokemon and just new Pokemon for the region in general.

I speedrun Pokemon Red pretty frequently so I know the entire region like the back of my hand. To see it completely redone in 3D would be super cool. I'm hoping they change up some of the towns and maybe add new ones. I'd rather the game's progression path was different so as to create a new experience.

But honestly w/e they do as long as it is a mainline Pokemon game for the Switch, I'm gonna buy it.

blue

gucci
Years
Don't like the sound of the GO integration, everything else though seems cool. I don't think this will be a gen 8 title but rather a gap filler while they continue to work on whatever the gen 8 games are.

I'm pretty certain this is legit what with the domains being registered and all the Eevee and Pikachu promotion that's been going on over Twitter, the Pok?mon websites etc.

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
A Kanto remake based on the Generation 1 games is honestly overdue. I mean sure there?s GSC, HGSS and other titles with Kanto influence but the last true Kanto game was FRLG and that was a LONG time ago with Generation 3 mechanics. With them pushing Pikachu and Eevee, it makes me wonder if it won?t be a remake of Pokemon Yellow(where Pikachu and Eevee were the starters). It?d be interesting if they allow you the option to pick Eevee over Pikachu(as opposed to Pikachu being the default pick) and changed things up by changing Gym Leaders and Teams around. Say have Forrest lead the Pewter Gym, Misty with Psyduck and Gyrados as her two Pokemon(as opposed to the Staryu line), Janine leads the Fuchsia Gym and have Gary/Blue lead the Viridian Gym(your rival is your male/female counterpart).

There are all sorts of different things they could alter/change that would make for an entirely new experience. Granted I?m not sure how Kanto would look in 3D. Something about the Gameboy charm that sets it apart. I also hope they don?t try to incorporate Pokemon GO into this somehow. Mobile apps and Gaming consoles weren?t meant to mix in my eyes.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
Kinda on the fence with this...

On one hand, any news on the upcoming games is enough to get my hyped up, but I don't like the idea of implementing Pok?mon GO mechanics. And I imagine most fans aren't pleased with revisiting Kanto. Game Freak would have to do a major overhaul of the region, in which case they might as well make a new one!

I'm hoping that this will just be a way of keeping fans interested and luring them into buying a Switch. Giving us a taste of what Gen 8 will be like, similar to X/Y preparing us for 3D.

Still, part of me is really excited! More Pok?mon games are always welcome, haha.

And fortunately I haven't played the Gen 1 games in so long that it'd feel relatively new either way.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
I'm actually pretty hyped to revisit the Kanto region... if they give the region a huge overhaul, that is. The Kanto region itself is pretty bland and boring, but it makes a good base for a story sequel of the original titles. Admittedly, nostalgia is of course also a huge thing.

Also, the generation VII games made a lot of references to Kanto: the player coming from there, Lillie going there, professor related to Oak, Alolan forms of Kanto Pok?mon, the return of Team Rocket, etc. Great opportunity to integrate Alola's story into a fresh Kanto story as well, I'd say.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Well the rumors for the past week or says that Pokemon Switch will be a sequel set 100 years after the original RGBY and will feature Kanto, Johto, and Unova.

Where did you hear Johto? The only rumour I heard was about Kanto and Unova.

I feel like people are just slipping Johto into it because the thought of a game set in Kanto where you visit multiple regions that don't include Johto seems strange to them.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Where did you hear Johto? The only rumour I heard was about Kanto and Unova.

I feel like people are just slipping Johto into it because the thought of a game set in Kanto where you visit multiple regions that don't include Johto seems strange to them.

I heard about it from a youtube video, I forget whose (think it was Ruffle who mentioned it).

There is a more recent rumor says that Johto will be free DLC...

Overall there's a lot of rumors going on right now that it's best to wait for the games to be announced to sort through them...

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
Years
So far I don't like where things are going at all.

Between the rumored titles and new game mechanics, I sincerely hope these games are spinoffs, so I could ignore them. The Pok?mon GO integration honestly comes way too late, the mobile game might as well be dead at this point, and... Kanto? Again? I might be in the minority, but having played Pok?mon since Red & Blue I'm pretty sick of both Kanto and Gen 1 Pok?mon, including the two titular ones.

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
Years
and... Kanto? Again? I might be in the minority, but having played Pok?mon since Red & Blue I'm pretty sick of both Kanto and Gen 1 Pok?mon, including the two titular ones.

While it can be argued that the Kanto region has been shoved down our throats, the truth is that we actually haven't had a Kanto game for about 14 years now. True, there was HGSS, but the focus was on Johto. Also, while other regions have their quirks, like the falling ash on Route 113 and the snow routes in Sinnoh, Kanto is pretty much just grasslands and caves, and lacks anything defining. If they were to make a good Kanto game, they would really need to make it something really interesting, like maybe adding a desert somewhere, or turning Rock Tunnel into a fire dungeon.

Years
The more I think about it, the more I believe that Pokemon GO integration would, while still being a focus of the game, not be essential to gameplay. It would really suck if the games required people to play Pokemon GO to fully enjoy it as there are plenty of people that live in suburbs and whatnot that aren't completely stacked with pokestops.

Years
I don't really like the idea of a Kanto reboot like this. To me, it screams nothing but pandering to the Genwunners and that audience who only got into Pokemon because of Pokemon GO when it still had only Kanto Pokemon.

Years
If these rumors are true I just hope GF hasn't messed up the battle formula too much. We all saw what deviating from the traditional formula caused in SM/USUM like for e.g Gym and PSS removal, and the dreaded.. Festival Plaza. (Insert dramatic lightning flash here)
I mean turbo boost, digimon like battle system? Come on GF, seriously...

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Woah, gen 1 only? This game looks less promising with every rumor that comes out. Perhaps do they mean gen 1 only for the main story and the newer pokemon appear post-game like in BW? Because if it's absolutely restricted to 151 then I'm not very optimistic about this.

Years
  • Seen May 6, 2023
Woah, gen 1 only? This game looks less promising with every rumor that comes out. Perhaps do they mean gen 1 only for the main story and the newer pokemon appear post-game like in BW? Because if it's absolutely restricted to 151 then I'm not very optimistic about this.

Even then that is ludicrous since Gen one has most unbalanced number of types-especially Dragon and Ghost types. This is Sinnoh with Fire types yet again. That also means we cannot play with any possible new Pokemon in main storyline and can only play with them in post-game.
either way this game is just RBY with Switch paint job. They better make that game cheaper than US/UM or else it is not worth the money

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
I have mixed feelings about this. Unlike some people, the idea of returning to Kanto doesn't bother me. It's been a long time since the last Kanto game, and I wouldn't mind a revisit (though I would probably be more hyped had I not played RBY a bunch recently). That said, the Pokemon Go mechanics really worry me. I played a little bit of Pokemon Go, but didn't really enjoy it too much (plus, it was banned in the location where I spend most of the day, and I'm not going to wander around at night looking for Pokemon). I like classic Pokemon, and I would really prefer that GF just leave it alone.

I've already been unhappy with their recent changes, and I'll be disappointed if they "ruin" Kanto with excessive tutorials and cutscenes and a lousy battle system. I wouldn't mind another Kanto game (maybe a sequel to gen I, where you go through Kanto and then go to Johto), but I don't want it to have too much hand holding. I've seen gen VII described as more of a field trip through Alola, with very little freedom to wander off the beaten path or away from the group, and the description seems apt. I don't want the same thing to happen in Kanto all over again.

As for only 151 Pokemon: I would like to see more Pokemon, not fewer. The newer generations have been small as it is, and it feels like the focus has shifted away from completing the Pokedex. While I could of course transfer most of the Pokedex over at once, I would enjoy a larger Pokedex to tackle. And while a lot of my favorite Pokemon are from gen I, I still have ones I want to use from other gens, too.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Even then that is ludicrous since Gen one has most unbalanced number of types-especially Dragon and Ghost types. This is Sinnoh with Fire types yet again. That also means we cannot play with any possible new Pokemon in main storyline and can only play with them in post-game.
either way this game is just RBY with Switch paint job. They better make that game cheaper than US/UM or else it is not worth the money

More that it's FrLG as those remakes did the same thing that's rumored, with it only having allowed the first 151 for the main story...

Years
  • Seen yesterday
More that it's FrLG as those remakes did the same thing that's rumored, with it only having allowed the first 151 for the main story...

There's nothing wrong with a game set in a region having only its regional Pokémon. It's logical actually.

The only drawback from this is that it's based on an anime tie-in.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
You know, thinking back, I've been saying for years we're very likely to see another Kanto in the future, so if this is true, then I'm really not surprised, and I won't be upset about it.

This is a rumor I've heard from a youtuber, but take it with a grain of salt: there are rumors that unreleased beta Pokemon, 30 of them, might be in these games, but I don't know whether to believe it.

Back