• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tales of Vesperia Mafia (Game Over)

Abby

#freecoffee
Years
  • Tales of Vesperia Mafia (Game Over)

Ew spiderman

Bidoof FTW

[cd=font-family:carter one; font-size:13pt; color:
    Years
  • By any means. But I don't like the idea of not having a lynch between claims. Maybe because I'm not confident with this again yet?

I can understand this point for sure, it's honestly just a shitty situation, and I think we should begin taking a look at other players, we can't keep giving the mafia time by only focusing on a few people.

Maybe flipping wasn't the best choice of word, but you were very happy to lynch Melody "because there is no other good option" when if you truly felt this way, you could've contributed to making it a no lynch for the day.

This is more of something to do with my personal style of play. I hate no lynching on PC, even though it's supposed to work in favor of the town, I feel like it ends up doing the opposite a majority of the time, the best info is gained from death flips and visit results, and with none of those we're like fish in a barrel. So, I'd rather vote and clear the controversial topic then argue about it and get nothing done, especially if she's probably going to die if she's telling the truth, because it's not like we can do anything about it. If we had decided to lynch her yesterday we could completely move onto a new subject. But we didn't, so we can't.

And, in my opinion - I hope Melody comes forward to speak today, and tell us what she thinks about yesterday. She went silent after the Johnny situation and I think mafia not killing her tonight is setting us all up for a trap, which is smart play. Of course they want the doc dead - so they could've just outright killed her, or attempted. But why not capitalize from town bandwagons?

I think that if Melody is silent her death will be needed, just to stop us from continuing this frustrating discussion for the next X days. If she can provide SOME sort of info or help to the town, then maybe she's worth keeping around before the mafia strongman's her (assuming she's even town at all)

Sparkin

I see we're still on Melody bandwagon, and she hasn't appeared to say anything yet. We are waiting for an answer.
    Today, we should get a lynch, because If we keep up like this, mafia will be killing us night by night, one by one.
    Like some of you already said, we're at doubts if melody wasn't lynched because it's mafia, or she wasn't because we'd be the ones doing the lynching. But we're too focused on this bandwagon, which is buying time for mafia. This bandwagon is hiding them very well. I say either Melody clears the suspicion or we end this bandwagon, so that we can continue the game and start hunting for mafiosos.

Also, I haven't heard anything from luminitrium yet.

Years
  • I wasn't really wanting to lynch Melody yesterday because I don't want to lynch a doc, but this situation has gotten so out of hand and taken way too long to resolve I'm tired of waiting for something to happen.

[Vote] Melody

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    ? TIME TO GO PRINCESS

The sun was high and Yuri and the rest of the group were heading out. What happened the night before still left a bitter taste, but they had things they needed to get done. Too bad for them that things were about to get worse.

The moment they left Dahngrest they were surrounded by the Schwann Brigade, headed by LeBlanc. Yuri let's out a small sigh. It's always one thing after another.

"Yuri Lowell! We are here to take Your Highness back to the capital!" Ah, yes. There was LeBlanc's dulcet voice.

"That's up for Estelle to decide whether or not she wants to go back," Yuri responds. But scanned the Schwann Brigade something was wrong. LeBlanc... Tweedle B... where was--

A scream. Followed by Adecor's voice.

"I say! We were told to take her even by force!"

The group spins around and eyes widen. Somehow, despite how incompetent the Schwann Brigade was, Adecor had a sword up against Estelle. Once wrong move and he could slice her head right off. At this point Yuri couldn't even be sure if they wanted Estelle alive, after the events of Ioder. But he damn well isn't going down without some kind of fight. Rita on the other hand was more than ready to release a fireball at all of the Schwann Brigade.

But before he or Rita could say or do something Estelle speaks.

"Please, don't hurt them. I'll go back."

"But--"

"It's alright. Maybe I could find out where they took Flynn! And I know you guys can do it!"

Rita turns her head away. Once Estelle makes up her mind there is no turning back.

"We'll break you out! You and that damn Captain!"

Estelle smiles before she's forced to turn around by Adecor's Sword. The rest of the group watch her leave in shock all except Raven who was turned away muttering something under his breath. After she's gone Yuri clenches his fist. While Estelle's words were meant to be soothing he already knew that there was no getting either of them free until Alexei and his group were dead.

Now it's time for them to refocus.

ESTELLE WAS TAKEN. MELODY WAS ESTELLE.
    flavor text and is the equivalent of dead before anyone questions it

NIGHT THREE WILL BEGIN IN APPROX. 24 HRS (JUNE 1ST 5-8 PM EST)

[a id]players3[/a id]
    ? PLAYERS
    Ash as GM

SirDolan as Don Whitehorse
    Aaron as Flynn Scifo
    [crystalsupporter]Melody[/crystalsupporter] as Estelle​
    Johnny as ???
    luminitrium as ???
    Nakuzami as ???
    Uzumaki Naruto as ???
    Bardothren as ???
    HyperMorian as ???
    gimmepie as ???
    Home as ???
    Fletch as ???
    L'Belle as ???
    Abby as ???
    Salzorrah as ???
    jdthebud as ???
    Selena Flourspar as ???
    Bidoof FTW as ???
    Paranoia_ as ???
    Sparkin as ???

[a id]players[/a id]
    ? PLAYERS

? [alink id=players3]PLAYERS[/alink id] ?

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • Is there a rule that there can only be one real sword given out? I still have my sword with me if we want to use it guys.

also, since Melody was taken, can we go on now to luminitrium.

[VOTE] luminitrium

jombii

Years
  • why waste our lynch on someone who's likely to go inactive anyway?

well, a silent townie is a useless townie, anyway. I'm just opening up the discussion for lumi. If you guys think that letting her be her inactive self, then I'm all for it.

as of the moment, who are we even doubting? Bidoof?

Bidoof FTW

Years
  • So that means someone gave Sparkin a sword? I mean I guess he's un cc'd vanilla but like.... idk

claim your guns please.

Last edited:

Bidoof FTW

Years
  • not sure what this exactly means.

It means if you are given a gun (sword), then claim that you have one. Generally, hiding the fact that you were given a weapon is a scummy thing to do.

Given, this is just based on play on EpicMafia, so idk how well it translates to PC.

jombii

Years
  • It means if you are given a gun (sword), then claim that you have one. Generally, hiding the fact that you were given a weapon is a scummy thing to do.

Given, this is just based on play on EpicMafia, so idk how well it translates to PC.

ah. well I do have one given to me on D1 as I said before.

Selena Fluorspar

On hiatus
    Years
  • I kind of think "follow the cop" was a bad idea here since he was probably just as in the dark as the rest of us

But hindsight is always 20/20 I guess, and me mentioning it now doesn't help.

I do want to theorize that Melody was likely silenced, since I would have expected her to at least try to defend herself (even if there wasn't much she could have said to stave off this bloodthirsty crowd)

Ash, to confirm, are we able to lynch again today?

jombii

Years
  • Well, it could also have been he had some legit scum reads yesterday and was trying to blend in as a vanilla or non-cop townie since Melody did claim doctor but he was also unsure of her.

And yes, we can lynch again.

Selena Fluorspar

On hiatus
    Years
  • Generally I think it's a really stupid idea to decide to lynch an un-cc'd power role without an actual reason to (such as a cop claiming with guilty) since if it's fake the real one's gonna be able to work from the shadows anyways and if they get night killed we know to lynch the false one immediately.

In my experience, when a player is silenced and a wagon pushed on them, there's at least one mafia eager for that lynch, probably the silencer. I disagree with Johnny on the notion of investigating the players who defended her, I'd much rather see the wagon investigated since *there was just a wagon pushed on a claimed doctor* and I think it's probably pretty safe to assume there's at least one mafia on there (though I wouldn't be surprised if all of them were on there).

jombii

Years
  • I agree with Selena.

People had precedence for defending Melody as, even though there were people who don't believe it, she was an uncc'd doctor. And, as much as we wanted to lynch someone, we couldn't do that to a townie PR, even if we have our doubts. We look for other people to notice, then get back to the suspicious doctor when all else fails.

I think that investigating those who believed Melody is not a good move.

L'Belle

I am beauty!
    Years
  • Ok, well let's be honest. I used this sword to cut Melody down. I risked life and limb.

But maybe this wasn't such a good idea, since know I have no one in my head for the lynch.

L'Belle

I am beauty!
    Years
  • For if you're talking to me, I don't think it was a bad idea, it was her own fault and I still have no regrets (Except for the fact that she was telling the truth all this time!)

Back