• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tales of Vesperia Mafia (Game Over)

Selena Fluorspar

On hiatus
    Years
    Ok. Can't tell if fool or mafia.
    Abby claimed survivor on day 1.
    Yes, everything pointing to it. In Mafia, we base our votes on deductive reasoning, by proving that someone is mafia beyond a reasonable doubt, or are you saying that until the cop comes out or until someone dies we shouldn't lynch anyone?

You don't seem to be getting it so I'll lay it out for you: Everything was pointing out to it, as everyone else failed to give a good argument as to why Melody could've acted the way she did, not to mention the poor defense she offered.

Jesus, how many times do I have to explain this? I'll have to try harder it seems.

Scenario 1 (The person claiming is telling the truth)

>Person X claims doctor on D1
    >Person X is dead on N1

Scenario 2 (The person claiming is lying)

>Person X claims
    >Real doctor counter claims
    >Real doctor is dead

Scenario 3 (Telling the truth again)

>All of person's X suspicions magically go away and the town believes their claim
    >Town lynch another person (most likely other townie because of all the confusion)
    >Person X is dead on N1

Scenario 4 (Lying again)

>We ask the doctor to counter claim
    >Doctor is dead

Scenario 5 (Lying again)

>The town is smart and acknowledges person x's poor claim, the doctor doesn't counter claim.
    >Person X is dead
    >One less mafioso
    >We keep the doctor alive

So, do you understand that some people were trying to go for the best case scenario, i.e scenario 5? And do you also understand that in every other scenario the doctor ends up dead?
    You're ignoring the fact that I proposed a 6th scenario. I'd appreciate it if you didn't insult my intelligence without even considering my point.
    On another note, you guys don't have to forget about your own reads and focus on me and Selena right now. You should start sharing reads, scumreads are preferred as we have to decide on a lynch so we can finally stop going blind on our arguments.
    For once we are agreed on something.

Selena Fluorspar

On hiatus
    Years
    Liking Naku's reasoning. Can't help but feel like HM is lurking.

[Lynch] HyperMorian

Pinning a scumread on Paranoia for the suggestion to forget about the Melody thing and start fresh. It's mostly the wording of it, moving on from it would be fine (we could come back to it when we have more information) but forgetting about it is throwing away information.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
    I edited my reads on everyone into my last post

obviously not all of my reads will be accurate, considering that I have fewer scumreads than are scum roles in the game. but, of course, that happens, and most of my reads are slight and some are dependent on how others turn out.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years

I could easily prove I'm town. Tell me who to go for and I'll use this almost 75% rigged sword to kill that person. Let's see if I'm scum then afterwards. And for the record

also, if I'm scum, Idk why mafia would give me (assuming this is a rigged sword) a rigged sword. It would not be productive at all since it'll just probably blow up in my face.

If it is not a rigged sword, then tell me the name and I'll cut it down for you.

For the sudden focus on abby, I believe her survivor claim. It's been days and you think that something like that could get cc'd already.

I'm getting of the luminitrium horse. [UNVOTE] luminitrium as I agree with Johny we could get more productivity by lynching other people of interest.

Also, on HyperMorian, I'll try to quote his posts here and try to make a read.

Maybe I'll [Vote] luminitrium because yeah tho.

First random vote of the game. Lumi's silence after this vote was what prompted me to vote for lumi in the following days but since that was inactivity, I could say nothing. On the random vote, I think HM is just getting us to talk.

[Unvote] luminithium

[Vote] L'Belle

Maybe.

Another random vote. Prior to this post, L'Belle only made one post, asking if we do have any leads. This struck a chord in me after rereading it as it seemed HyperMorian is so bloodthirsty for lynches at d1.

[Vote] Sparkin'

There, I started it. Now you've got to tell us 'things that we don't know'.

Another vote. It seemed that Hyper is leading the lynches during the early days. Yes, GP started to look into Sparkin' but it was Hyper who lead the lynch.

The other posts had him agreeing with me on lumi on d2

And not batting an eye to my random vote from the first day. Normally they'd ask what did they do for getting voted--even if it was random but nope, no answer whatsoever other than the bandwagon vote.

Trying to convince me to change votes for the tally,

It wouldn't be much of an use if you do that due to the vote tally difference. We know that he's kinda inactive and that makes us rather suspicious about it especially when no one has really claimed to be silenced in the first day. Still, it'd be better to focus on one lynch right now so we'll go with it.

a post voting Bidoof during the is-bidoof-the-fool day an "oh our cop is dead" post.

So to me, it looked like HyperMorian was eager to lynch somebody very early in the game as he lead the lynches. [VOTE] HyperMorian for being bloodthirsty.

Last edited:

jombii

Years
    Probably because they expect you to use it. I'm half surprised they didn't try giving me a fake sword yet. Then again, they should know by now I'm just unhinged, not brain-dead.

Yes. Which is why I don't get why Naku is reading me as scum right now as I can't really bs this or manipulate since I told everyone I am ready to use it since day 1.

Last edited:

jombii

Years
    Well, I did see that point also, but that would take into consideration that maf would know they have a real sword. In my case, I firmly believe that mine is a rigged one.

Years
    Liking Naku's reasoning. Can't help but feel like HM is lurking.

[Lynch] HyperMorian

Pinning a scumread on Paranoia for the suggestion to forget about the Melody thing and start fresh. It's mostly the wording of it, moving on from it would be fine (we could come back to it when we have more information) but forgetting about it is throwing away information.

Yeah, I worded that a bit weird. I wasn't trying to totally forget about it (we actually can take quite a bit from that day now that we know that Melody was doc).

I also understand all of the votes on Hypermorian. I see all of the fluff that he's posting, but what really caught my eye was the lack of effort. He just kinda random voted and then poofed for the first couple days. At first I thought he was just a lazy town, but seeing all of these other points kinda makes me think he's maf more than anything.

Years
    I think maf left that bandwagon alone, since none of them would want to be on it if it turns out doc got lynched.

Some of them maybe, but I doubt the entire mafia (or even most) followed that logic. It stands out to much to go against such a massive bandwagon and makes you look even scummier than wanting to lynch the doc.

I believe Home's claim about the sword. Abby is just shit talking because he's basically got a free pass this game.

Looking back, I see no point in voting for Lumi who is about to be replaced anyway probably. I am however inclined to agree with the points put forward about Morian. At the very least, we need to lynch and he's not contributing that much.

jombii

Years
    OKay, now do we have a list of claimed people?

Sparkin' and L'Belle claimed iirc but I don't think anybody else had.

L'Belle

I am beauty!
    Years
    I almost forgot Hypermorian was even in this game, since literally all he does is random vote once in a while and that's it. And I refuse to agree with Johnny's reasoning, it seems so bizarre to me, I can't get behind that.

[Vote] Hypermorian

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    [vote] HyperMorian

Okay I'm busy right now, but can someone quote me on what should I explain for? I've skimmed through the posts, and I saw my name pop up a few times, so can someone collate what I should explain/defend because I don't have the time to read back a lot. I do agree with HM being sussy, and I pretty much agree on what everyone seems to say, from what I've skimmed, and honestly I don't have anything useful to add to that just because everyone pretty much said my thoughts :x I'll try to explain what you guys want from me and if you need a claim I can. Thanks :)

L'Belle

I am beauty!
    Years
    [vote] HyperMorian

Okay I'm busy right now, but can someone quote me on what should I explain for? I've skimmed through the posts, and I saw my name pop up a few times, so can someone collate what I should explain/defend because I don't have the time to read back a lot. I do agree with HM being sussy, and I pretty much agree on what everyone seems to say, from what I've skimmed, and honestly I don't have anything useful to add to that just because everyone pretty much said my thoughts :x I'll try to explain what you guys want from me and if you need a claim I can. Thanks :)

Some people think of you as mafia, some people think of you as fool. That's all basically.

jombii

Years
    I say don't lynch her

Well, not now yet. I think we've been two straight days without lynching if I am correct (?). HM is the one looking scummiest as of now and, until he shows up to defend himself, I'm sticking with my vote.

Sparkin

Random votes. He's been at that and hasn't stated any scumreads. I don't believe they're actually random, and all of his votes turned to be innocents.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
    No one insulted your intelligence, please don't create drama.

About Gunner, I agree with Abby that she's looking very likely to be the fool, although Hypermorian has been conveniently quiet. Why are we voting him again?
    Bidoof started this off by pointing out that he's posted mostly random votes and fluff:

And with that I move onto my scum read. Hypermorian, if you take a close look at his posts they've had little to no substance, his constant aggression really bothers me with his "Talk or be lynched" attitude and jumping to vote on whoever has the slightest bandwagon potential. Also his post "looks like the cop is dead. oh well" is really just a useless post. I recommend looking at his posts through the "Who Posted?" feature and decide for yourself.

I agree with this lynch as well. Not a word of defense from HM yet but I don't want another no lynch, and every vote is needed to make majority in this game. [Lynch] Hypermorian

Back