• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tales of Vesperia Mafia (Game Over)

Years
    I don't think Selena and co are scummy for their line of thought to be honest. I don't think Johnny is too far off either. You could both easily be right, since I've been on mafia teams that have followed either set of logic.

I'm not comfortable with a lynch on someone just because they did or didn't vote Melody. She was acting so scummy it's not a clear enough indicator of anything.

Years
    Dude, it's not only because they vote her or didn't. It's because of the reasoning behind it. Wouldn't you vote for someone who defended other person with outright bad logic and weird behavior?

Saying "that's just her playstyle" and then saying "no, that's not her playstyle, she's the fool" doesn't sound suspicious to you?

Oh, I have been operating under the assumption Gunner is the fool.

Years
    Anyway... Selena basically abstained from taking a stance on the matter when it was happening and now is calling it out as a stupid idea and trying to focus on those who voted Melody. Sounds malicious to me, why talk about it after the fact? Mafia seizing the opportunity to lead lynches, maybe?

I'm not saying it's not possible, but I just don't see her as scum right now.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    To fully confirm yes you guys can lynch today and I'll be extending this day until mid-tomorrow to cover the downtime PC had.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
    Well at least maybe now we'll be able to get some reads....though mine are all weak right now given the extreme focus on Melody the last couple days. To address the other wagon from yesterday, I am leaning town on Bidoof.

[VOTE]Nobody

Why the no lynch? What's the point?

L'Belle

I am beauty!
    Years
    What kinda bothers me is how much Johnny is trying to push the lynch on Selena for in my case, not that great of a reason. I, like gimmepie, totally understand why she would be careful of lynching a possible doctor, especially since there were no cc's yet. I feel like Johnny is just unneccesairly pushing the lynch on someone who doesn't deserve it.

Years
    She wasn't careful of lynching a possible doctor, she actually didn't say anything while it was happening and opinions don't hold much weight if you waited to see the results before commenting.

That said, how about you both address my reasons for the lynch, instead of the lynch itself?

I explained about the CC and that she was as good as dead and how there were no pros and a bunch of cons to keeping her alive, over and over again, so how about we stop being so dismissive and start elaborating on our thoughts?

I don't see anything wrong with your reasoning, I'm just not sure you're correct.

Selena Fluorspar

On hiatus
    Years
    Everything was pointing out to Melody being scum. People taking advantage after the fact calling it a stupid idea are very scummy and holds no weight if they didn't take a stance on the matter.
    I wasn't expecting the knifing, I thought there'd still be time for it.
    And excuse me, "everything pointing to it"? The reasoning was basically "she acted scummy". There was no cop claim, no solid voting record reasoning, nothing pointing to her being scum besides your read, and reads aren't exactly reliable.
    Anyway... Selena basically abstained from taking a stance on the matter when it was happening and now is calling it out as a stupid idea and trying to focus on those who voted Melody. Sounds malicious to me, why talk about it after the fact? Mafia seizing the opportunity to lead lynches, maybe?
    I'm not the sort to lead lynches. I've tried to do that before but people generally don't listen to what I have to say.

You say there was no pro in keeping her alive? How about keeping the frickin doctor alive? There wasn't even a need for a counterclaim because it was kind of likely that the real one would get night killed at some point anyways and then we'd have known for sure if Melody was lying.

Years
    She wasn't careful of lynching a possible doctor, she actually didn't say anything while it was happening and opinions don't hold much weight if you waited to see the results before commenting.

That said, how about you both address my reasons for the lynch, instead of the lynch itself?

I explained about the CC and that she was as good as dead and how there were no pros and a bunch of cons to keeping her alive, over and over again, so how about we stop being so dismissive and start elaborating on our thoughts?

Honestly, I totally agree with this. I know I refused to vote for her when she first claimed, and really I have no excuse. However, she was the doctor which kinda sucked, but it pretty much had to happen.

Let's just move on from the Melody thing and start fresh.

Bidoof FTW

[cd=font-family:carter one; font-size:13pt; color:
    Years
    I think that if you have ever paid attention to how Gunner plays as town then you'd know she's town right now. SMH you guys want to point out flaws in logic but not everyone uses logic 100% of the time. There's a reason why the "Gunner Gut" meme exists.

Abby's constant shitposting wants me to label her as scum but at the same time it could just be lazy play or trolling for the fuck of it. Going to say lynching her isn't going to be a productive move.

And with that I move onto my scum read. Hypermorian, if you take a close look at his posts they've had little to no substance, his constant aggression really bothers me with his "Talk or be lynched" attitude and jumping to vote on whoever has the slightest bandwagon potential. Also his post "looks like the cop is dead. oh well" is really just a useless post. I recommend looking at his posts through the "Who Posted?" feature and decide for yourself.

[Lynch] Hypermorian

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
    So I just finished reading this day phase and

well, I was going to provide points as to why Melody's claim was legit, with it being obvious why the maf wouldn't attack her (so many, many reasons)

but then I get to the point where someone stabbed her, so that's moot now anyways so w/e.

as for everyone else, it's a bit difficult to read into certain things for one reason: almost all the interactions I see are with Johnny. Most people are only speaking to Johnny and not with each other, while Johnny is the only one really speaking to everyone.

while this makes it easier to read into what Johnny has to say, it doesn't really work for anyone else.

On that note, the only other info I'm relatively sure of is that Raven targeted me n0.

as for Abby

. . . idk avoid Abby for rn. Could be a fool play, but edit: oh, that was simple. Abby's very first post she claimed survivor (Duke). And from her play, I'll believe that.

I'll look into d00f's suggestion momentarily

edit: and, looking at Hyper's posts in Iso, I have to agree with d00f here. they have a decent amount of posts, but have said very little with those posts. at the same time, though, it's a bit too random in a way that makes it obviously suss, and so not how I would expect a maf player to be going about all of this. for now, though, I'll place my vote there and see if something comes of it; if not maf, then it could still remove that unhelpfulness, or get Morian to actually say something worth mentioning. maybe

I have to hop off of the internet soon, but I'd say to look at some more posts in Iso for the time being.

Vote HyperMorian

Last edited:

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
    oh cool, a post so that I don't have to just edit my previous one

edit: oops, copypasta'd a little extra from my previous post, so edited that out

I'm not liking Home after viewing their posts in Iso. A lot of "I'm inclined to believe . . ." and then a bit of flipping on various opinions, such as going straight from saying d00f and Melody could both be scum, to saying that they weren't reading d00f as scum "for some weird reason." They then tried to use Aaron's reveal as cop as reason to start another lynch against Melody---which, with how Melody was viewed by the town the previous day, the presence of a blacksmith to give out a vest, and the following "damning" evidence of Melody not being killed that night, is exactly what I would expect the mafia to do. She was a far easier lynch target than nk, and if it meant they could save the strongman kill for later, then even better. and one night of a revealed doctor being kept alive wouldn't exactly interfere with the mafia, unless they got unlucky and hit Melody's target, which would have been unlikely. The only "town-y" thing Home has going for them is the sword claim, which can easily be bsed or manipulated so

as for town reads, both L'Belle and Sparkin are uncced townies, if I'm not mistaken?

slight townread on GP, though he tried to cast doubt on both the above mentioned vanilla claims. Other than that, though

Johnny is being aggressive, but not in a manner that immediately appears scummy, so I'm going to stay on a slight townread there for the time being

I also have a townread on d00f

as for Selena, their posts don't appear off to me as they do to Johnny. But one of the first things Selena did was scumread HyperMorian. Now, going with d00f's suggestion, it could be possible that HM is scum. In that case, it's not impossible, but I would find it unlikely that Selena would bus HM so early. If HM is inno, then it could mean nothing, or it could actually be scum going for an easy kill, though this isn't my first inclination in thought about the interaction. Because of this, I'd like to lynch HM first and see how they flip before judging Selena, especially since Selena seems more useful to keep around, based on post content thus far, than HM in the case that they're both inno.

edit: slight townread on jd

I'll add in more as I read the rest of the posts in Iso

edit2: null read on Bard, leaning more towards slight scum read than townread

edit3: slight townread on Fletch.

edit4: slight townread on gunner

on desi, slight . . . townread?

and slight townread on Paranoia_

so, for all my reads:

town:
    L'Belle
    Sparkin
    gimmepie
    Johnny
    Bidoof FTW
    Selena Flourspar - dependent on how HyperMorian flips
    jdthebud
    Fletch
    Salzorrah
    Desinishon?
    Paranoia_

null:
    Bard - leaning scum
    luminitrium - almost no posts, so nothing to go on. inactive
    Abby - I believe his survivor claim (so he's therefore neither town nor "scum")

scum:
    HyperMorian
    Home

I believe that's everyone.

Last edited:
    Back