• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Animals your fond of/animals you don't like so much?

Years
    • Seen today
    What animals do you like/which ones do you dislike?

Hopefully not too long of a tangent, as happens sometimes when discussing animals.

I'm more of a dog person than a cat person. I don't dislike cats at all, but for some reason feel way more of an affinity for dogs. I appreciate how different every cat can be different in personality. One of our cats is completely solitary, the other highly affectionate. I try to give equal attention because I don't want to completely shaft the cat who is trying to nudge me. I'm probably a bit biased towards giving attention because naturally I'm more drawn towards dogs. I don't get the same level of excitement going off in my head as being approached by a cat than a dog, although cats are still family of course and I wouldn't trade them for anything.

I am not much of a bird person. Not an animal I pay much attention towards. There are certain birds I'm very fond of, such as owls. The birds you see outside every day, I tune them out of my perception aside from the occasional one that catches my eye.

Some reason not a chimp person. I know they are interesting animals, and form unique social hierarchies, but I do not find any appeal in them. Same with Baboons. I once saw a nature video of a group of baboons ripping apart a baby impala while alive. I know it's just nature and that's how nature works, but that video rubbed me the wrong way and every-time I see a baboon I can't shake the thought of that video. In terms of looks I also find them to be creepy looking, possibly the only animal I find this way.

Elephants are fantastic and so majestic. Same with Woolly Mammoths and I closely follow the news of scientists attempting to bring these animals out of extinction though the use of DNA technology.

I quite love most sea creatures such as Orcas, Sharks, Anglerfish, Octopus. I have a slight fear of the ocean, but not for the creatures in them.

Small creatures such as squirrels, hedgehogs, raccoons, rabbits, are all creatures I love. Rabbits are probably the cutest creatures on the planet. (in my opinion).

I often spend time online watching nature videos and here on some I find interesting. (nothing violent in this list).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ld8qkDKl89g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZL0z6A9imIU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbE53XUtVw0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMPhroPje3Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwZxU8Mi-fU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpXxWQeho3M

Years
  • I like all animals a lot! But if I had to pick animals I probably wouldn't choose to have... it'd be rats and certain dog breeds (like chihuahuas and pit bulls). Nothing against them since all animals deserve love, but I just don't like the idea of owning rats and don't like certain dog breeds very much :(

User Anon 1848

i'd literally die for a dog. one saved my life as a kid. as for animals i'm not so fond of... mice and rats terrify me.

Years
  • The Bondi Vet Youtube channel has me absolutely in love with baby wombats. Look at this lil guy!

ht_baby_wombat_taronga_zoo_jc_141010_3x2_992.jpg

Close runners are kangaroo joeys, lambs, and the cute softness of the common fruit bat.

Years
  • I love cats 😍
    Also really like Lambs =)

Heavily dislike dogs. Used to actually have one and like them, but my work has made me dislike them heavily. They're always barking at me and trying to bite me.
    Mice/rats I don't like either and would not want to have as a pet at all. ever.

Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2022
    I love dogs so much that if I had the choice between a human stranger and a dog, and I could only save one, I might just save the dog. I also like stingrays, especially the ones you can pet. As for cats, I am okay with them, but also pretty allergic to them. I am also allergic to dogs, but we currently have poodles which are mostly hypoallergenic. The only non-insect animal I have had negative feelings towards are coyotes, as I heard somewhere that they will fake play with dogs just so they can eat them, which is absolutely mortifying to me...

Years
  • Love peregrine falcons, I have a tattoo of one that takes up my entire upper arm. Not a fan of scallops, things are terrifying.

Years
    • Seen today
    Love peregrine falcons, I have a tattoo of one that takes up my entire upper arm. Not a fan of scallops, things are terrifying.

I thought scallops were just inanimate objects.

Well, it's always fun learning something.

Years
  • I like a lot of animals, but mostly from a distance. I can't really think of any I specifically dislike off the top of my head. It usually depends on how bothersome I'm finding a specific member of a species at any given time lol.

Years
    • Seen today
    The eyes..... the eyes...

I've never looked at one up close. I just completely dismissed them as seashells. Now I'll look at them as living seashells. Also, i'll probably be spending an hour looking up random facts about scallops.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Love all animals. Favorite is the octopus! Least favorite are small monkeys. But we still talking a solid 7/10 there.

VisionofMilotic

Ekans' attack continues!
    Years
  • I am passionate about animals, and there are very few that I dislike.

Rats are one of the small, select number of animals that can frighten me, and I actually started keeping cats as a precaution because I was worried there might be rats in the big old drafty house I live in. It had gone unoccupied for some years before I moved in. I haven't encountered any so far in my house though.

While I think rats can look a little intimidating, compared to other fluffball rodents like rabbits, squirrels and guinea pigs, at the same time there are bigger and more fearsome wildlife that I am not scared of at all. I adore big dogs, the bigger the better. I have fed tigers before too, and have pet some very long snakes. So I think my phobia comes more from fact that rats can just take you by surprise, finding hidden passages to come in your home that you didn't even know existed, crawling around on the floors and walls as you sleep, sneaking into your food. They seem to move so quickly, and they are often out at night, cloaked by the darkness, you think you see a tail slither in the shadows on the hallway, and then it's gone, and you wonder if you're just crazy. You hear this sudden high pitch cry in the wall or footsteps. You don't know where they came from, and if they might be carrying a disease, or not. It's just creepy to realize you have an uninvited guest, it's almost like you're haunted by a ghost.

If I have some preparation to see a rat though then I can manage the anxiety. I have friends who keep them as pets. One friend of my mine from the psychology department took me with her to feed her pet rat, and it was kinda nice. I even pet it. A dorm mate of mine also invited me over and introduced me to her two rats, and it wasn't so bad. They seemed calm.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • i love cats, wolves, foxes, and cows the most. idk that there's an animal i dislike per se? maybe my cats rn bc one of them (we don't know Who) peed on our bed twice in a week. so lol if That counts, then them. meanies

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I am passionate about animals, and there are very few that I dislike.

Rats are one of the small, select number of animals that can frighten me, and I actually started keeping cats as a precaution because I was worried there might be rats in the big old drafty house I live in. It had gone unoccupied for some years before I moved in. I haven't encountered any so far in my house though.

I promise rats are actually fantastic little critters! It's easy to associate them with grunginess, filth, abandonment, and mostly disease.. especially with how fast they can reproduce.

But they really are incredibly intelligent and social little guys when given the right conditions. As an in-home pet they can be so lovable and form strong bonds with their owners. Definitely go back and visit your dorm friend again as some exposure therapy, because rats and mice can be some of the best pets.

Spoiler:

Years
  • My favorite animal is:

The Aquila
    Spoiler:

My least favorite:
    Bugs....I'm too much of an urban person.

Respect to anyone who can pick up bugs with their own hands, I need gloves for that .... ewwww. I'm cool with spiders though.

Back