• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga RWBY anyone? (even though idk if it should be put in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I've seen it about on netflix, but I haven't ventured forth to actually watch it. Maybe it [the thread] belongs in the anime/manga? It looked interesting, but I am not a huge fan of 3D anime. It's just one of those things of preference I guess...

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • I have watched every season, but I am yet to watch Volume 4 Episode 1.

I love the series! Great action and interesting characters... and the feels. What did y'all think about the ending of Volume 3?

Years
  • I really like RWBY, but I can understand why many people don't though. Volume 1 was pretty bad outside of the last episode fight, and I would imagine most people would just quit there, or the arc right before it because for 4 straight episodes we have a side character dealing with a bully that could easily have been solved if he just told anybody else.

Volume 2 was kinda meh, the fights were cool but the story was basically the main characters doing a whole lot of nothing. But at least background characters aren't all black silhouettes anymore.

Volume 3 is really where it starts finally getting good since the animation improves a ton, it has a lot more fighting, and there is actually some character and story development. The last few episodes were also breathtaking. Overall very well done.

Not sure if I like the Volume 4 animation so far, on the surface it looks better, but I guess might take some time getting used to. But the story so far has been meh. I like the new villains and types of Grimm but that's it. The story is kind of dragging on too much, 3 episodes and all that has been done is explain what happened to the main characters and villains after the time skip with 2 random fights thrown in, which I feel like could have been done in one episode, with RNJR plot happening afterwards.

Years
  • Yay RWBY thread, its pritty much my second favorite show after mlp.
    Maniged to catch vol 3 at the cinima in Liverpool last month that was awesome would recommend the screening next time they do them.
    Anyway vol 4 so far, I am enjoying it but not as much as previous vols as it lacks action and comedy so far but hopefully it should pick up soon.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    I've watched the first three volumes, but it just doesn't feel right to watch further now that the creator has passed away. I passively follow the developments, except that there doesn't seem to be happening much from what I can gather.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • I love RWBY. Though its animation is sort of flawed, it's the perfect series for life advice, there are lots of interesting characters and concepts (hell, I don't know who my real favorite character is), and its plots are near masterful.

Also, I'm pretty sure this is posted here. Isn't it only an anime if it was made in Japan? (Even though this thing has an actual manga)

forg

ba-dum tssss. [icon]coffee-pot[/icon]
    Years
  • Yay RWBY thread, its pritty much my second favorite show after mlp.

This.

I never got around to watching it originally due to my doubts and the reviews my other friends have given me, yet I still succumbed to my curiosity. Surprised by its story, I slowly began to get pulled into its characters (not to mention voices, which, at one point, was the main reason I watched RWBY). I'm a fan of its soundtrack, especially its intro themes.

While I admit I prefer the new animation, I do miss the fighting styles from the volumes before 4. Regardless, every volume has uplifted me and dragged me back into the fandom, hahaha.

The moment a new episode hits YouTube, I immediately come running to the computer/phone.

Years
  • I can't wait to see more of Tyrion, I love ax crazy villains!

Spoiler:

Years
  • Yo, not sure how this got here, but RWBY is thoroughly western animation.

Also please do not revive threads that have been dead for a month unless they're current season show discussion threads, thanks!

RWBY anyone? (even though idk if it should be put in here)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back