• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

you know what? i miss motm/moty

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Wasn't that just a popularity contest?

i was going to reply to gimme with 'first person to say popularity contest gets banned' tbh
    of course it was a popularity contest lmao
    but i guess i don't take it that seriously

Years
  • I personally admit it was flawed for being nothing but a popularity contest, and that may have been why staff decided to abolish the idea. As for Member of the Month, I guess it was because the Off-Topic mods in the past couldn't keep up with it due to real life issues and just decided to forget about it.

pkmin3033

i was going to reply to gimme with 'first person to say popularity contest gets banned' tbh
    of course it was a popularity contest lmao
    but i guess i don't take it that seriously
    I was only asking; I didn't know if it was a site event with prizes or anything :o

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • i was gonna win moty once but it was a year where mods couldn't win the main moty category and i got modded two days before the deadline

traumatising and inconsiderate really

Years
  • i was gonna win moty once but it was a year where mods couldn't win the main moty category and i got modded two days before the deadline

traumatising and inconsiderate really

Ah, I kind of remember the days where staff couldn't win the main MOTY category, and it was a bit unfortunate on your end. However, I feel the event's votes got too biased in later years and that was probably what led to its demise.

Had there been a separate poll entirely for Staff of the Year, things could have gone differently.

Lucid

I remember like 12 ppl tying for most photogenic once lmao

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    i kinda miss it too but i dont want to count the votes

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
  • im kinda glad we dont do this anymore (i cant remember when we did..i probably wasnt too active during this time) bc im sure that whoever didnt get elected or voted for would just feel bad about themselves. another forum i go on does this and im sure whoever doesnt get voted ends up feeling bad abt themselves so i never contribute to whoever should be voted for motm there.

Gabri

m8
    Years
  • Useless popularity contest that only served to feed cliques, ass-kissing and bolstering egos. Good riddance, may we never see those again.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Bring it back and offer a $100 cash prize to the winner each month, and bring the winners of each month back for the member of the year voting, and the winner of that gets an extra $1,000.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Useless popularity contest that only served to feed cliques, ass-kissing and bolstering egos. Good riddance, may we never see those again.

you seem angry, i'll vote you for moty

Back