• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Legends: Arceus] Will steel/dark/fairy types exist in these games?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • Steel/dark and fairy types were discovered in modern Pokemon times, so I wondered: do you think we'll see any Steel/Dark or Fairy types in these games? I'm leaning towards we likely won't, but it could be possible.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Honestly, I think they will feature them, due to mechanics/balancing and the bothersomeness of trying to keep all those pokémon away from these games. They might come up with some story about how they were a thing now but then knowledge of them were lost for a while, or perhaps they'll blatantly ignore the fact that they "introduced" them ages later.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Saw Probopass and Bronzor in the Pokemon Presents. Would be awkward to not have Steel. Showed Crunch on Lucario too. Looked like a Dark icon.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    They could also explain it away by the multiverse thing again? In this particular past, these types were already found, maybe -.-

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • Things can be discovered and rediscovered by multiple groups at different times in history. It wouldn't be much of an issue to say the Hisuians knew about them at the time.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Steel, Dark and Fairy being "discovered" is just a lazy gimmick older games had to explain things that didn't exist in previous entries. Same way how they said in Gen 2 that Prof. Elm discovered breeding or something like that. They're just devices to explain new stuff and mechanics to the player.

Realistically, it wouldn't make any sense for Magnemite to suddenly start resisting a lot of types just because people realized it was also a Steel type, or for Clefairy to be weak to Fighting for five gens then start resisting it and becoming weak to Poison just because people discovered the Fairy type.

It's easier to believe that those types allways existed, just like many Pokémon that were introduced as newly discovered species, or species exclusive to their regions, in their respective gens allways existed as well.

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2022
    Removing those types would necessitate cutting a pretty huge swath of Pokemon, which seems like a bad business decision to me. Not to mention Dialga is Dragon/Steel! It would be really really awkward to change its typing when it supposedly existed since the dawn of time or something. They'll probably brush it off as knowledge being lost over the ages or something, it never made sense that an entirely new type could show up (especially since they retroactively changed the types of old mons like Jigglypuff).

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I feel the discovery of new Pokemon types is just one of those retcons. We've seen these types in remakes of even the Kanto games by now, after all. These types will be in these games.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I feel the discovery of new Pokemon types is just one of those retcons. We've seen these types in remakes of even the Kanto games by now, after all. These types will be in these games.

Well, that's true, Magnemite was still Steel type in FR/LG and LG/PE. I guess the "they were discovered in ancient times but were rediscovered" that other people in this thread could be the thing that Game Freak will go with for these games.

Back