• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Least Wanted Pokemon To Return?

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2019
    We all have heard some way or another that Pokemon are getting cut for this generation. Whether or not this style of Pokemon collecting will be permanent or is just a result of a rushed product or transitional water testing, the fact is not all Pokemon are going to be in this installment. So which ones do you hope don't return? Which do you want this year-long break from?

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • That's an interesting way to view it...

From a VGC standpoint, no Tapus or Landourus 'n friends, please. Same for Ultra Beasts. They seemed to dominate it the scene too much and make it samey.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • oooooh someone embracing the most hated change, i like your style. i don't do competitive stuff so i'm just going to be aesthetic about it. i ain't wanna see lickilicky bc it's UGLY but i know that all kanto pokemon are likely which means evolutions of kanto pokemon are also probably going to go in too so i won't get my wish on this one. druddigon can stay in unova too. he looks lame to me. ultra beasts would feel weird to have in this game too like. idk man they were invading alola, not galar so lol? i don't care for them anyway so i wouldn't be crying over it if they don't show up. oh also leave out grotle. turtwig and torterra are allowed but like. skip grotle. go straight to torterra. awesome.

Years
  • I would be okay with no Kanto Pokémon this time. And as bobandbill said Tapus and Landorus is a duo that don't have to be in Galar. Not sure about Ultra Beasts. I want to see more of Ultra Space at least in post game when the third version is released. And I wish Lucario, Garchomp and Greninja won't appear.

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    It's highly unlikely but I sincerely hope that Geodude and Zubat sit this one out. They are in every single game and I'm sick of them. Pidgey and Spearow as well. In fact, I wouldn't care if there was very few Kanto Pokémon in the game at all.

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
    Years
  • It probably won't happen in a billion generations, but most Kanto Pokemon. I'm tired of Kanto, man. I like Pikachu and Charizard too, but other generations need some love as well. If I see another Zubat imma go nuts.

Last edited:
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Kick out the legendaries that aren't Galar exclusive. :x

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Pretty much what Fairy said, keep all non Galar legendary Pokemon out of the Galar dex, lmfao. Mythicals, too. I know that won't happen with Mew, though. :') Keep out Ultra Beasts, also. Other than that, I'm fine w/anything else.

Years
    • Seen today
    I really want Emolga to stay out this time, I hate that thing. To be honest, I don't want to see any Pikaclone returning unless any of them gets an evolution in this gen.

Aside from them, I also want the Patrat line, the Lillipup line, the Klink line, Unown, Stantler, Stunfisk, the elemental monkeys (except Pansage), and the Ultra Beasts to stay out. If we don't get any new evolutions this gen, then Spinda, Luvdisc, and Basculin should also stay out.

Last edited:

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
    Years
  • Farfetch'd and Lapras.

These are the only Pokemon that are cut; all this controversy was just a ploy to draw attention to the harsh reality faced by endangered species.

:,D

Years
  • Yeah, keep the legendaries not Galar-exclusive out of the game, since it makes sense. And like.....anything that has Sturdy as an ability so I don't have to deal with battling it. orz

In all serious (I suppose the above was serious though), I dunno what I really wouldn't want to appear. Not really thinking much about it lol.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2019
    I really like this idea of excluding legionaries. At least if they do that you won't feel that you are missing any pokemon the average Joe has any hopes of catching.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • Pokemon that must/must not come to SS.

What the title says. What I think? Well...

What MUST be in:
    Ditto. How is anyone gonna reproduce if it's not there? That and since I have ones that are Adamant and Modest and other pretty important natures, Ditto not being in the game will definitely make me consider not buying.

What we can live without:
    Rattata. It's weaker than almost everything, I can't see how it will fit in setting-wise and it probably won't do anything but be annoying. But if it makes it in I will be VERY shocked.
    Unown. Deleting it would free up 28+ models and it's not like we're gonna need it unless there are some ruins there, and why would they be there anyway?
    Castform. Again, to free up some spaces.
    There are probably more but these are what I can think of for now.

You are also allowed to comment on other videos too that share this same topic. For example:

Spoiler:

Edit: Oh and I forgot about the Tappers. Y'know, those guys from gen7. I see NO reason for them to leave their islands if they protect them so much. I'm saying this because I recall hearing a leak which claimed they would be given extra forms or blah. Whatever, I think they should NOT be in the game. I don't care if this disrupts the competitive scene or anything. From a story standpoint they should just stay in the islands.

Last edited:

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • Aegislash and its pre-evolved forms definitely have to be in this game, as Aegislash is literally a Sword and Shield and would therefore make little sense to leave out, especially if the Pokémon chosen for the dex are supposed to fit into the Galar Region.

Not sure what the best Pokémon to leave out would be, so I'll just say that UBs and non-Galar legendaries should probably be left out. Although I feel that Mewtwo at least will make the cut.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • What the title says. What I think? Well... *rest of post*
    I've merged your thread with this one as they're both about Pokemon people would like left out. (What Pokemon one hopes will remain is slightly different, but it seems most of your post is about Pokemon not making it).

Agreed on Unown - rather forgettable line there...

Back