• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Original Nintendo Switch model got a revision that has enhanced battery life!

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
  • Nintendo has announced that the original Switch model with enhanced battery life is on the way! Having the same appearance with current Switch, this HAC-001(-01) model revision will boast 4.5-9 hours of playing the games in portable, compared to 3-7 hours in Switch Lite and 2.5-6 hours in original Switch. This new upgraded Switch model will be coming in late August.

What do you think? Do you feel satisfied with current Switch model, or are you considering to get this one? Or are you getting Switch Lite instead? Discuss away.

Years
  • Source:

The Verge

Well, I don't know if this is the "Switch Pro" that's been rumoured, but a bigger battery life is most certainly an improvement, regardless.

Although, one has to wonder whether or not the bigger battery life would render the Switch Lite kind of pointless. It seems like the upgraded Switch would do better as a handheld than... the cheaper dock-less handheld version which seems odd to me.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Here's a comparison from Nintendo.

they're also going to launch two new sets of joycons - a blue/yellow pair, and a purple/orange pair.

I really like that shade of blue and that purple, but I really wish we had GameCube indigo lmao.

I'm still weary to buy more joycons until they address this drift thing. My joycons have never been manhandled and stay on the switch or on a charging dock, but i still get drift on the left joycon regardless. ):

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • i really like that purple and blue, but the the orange and yellow are ugly and idk why the blue and purple aren't together and orange and yellow with each other. oh well though. it's nice to see more colors released. i already have the original red and blue and think those colors look nice, so i won't be trading in to upgrade or anything. plus i would feel bad since my mom bought my switch for me as a gift lol. i don't play it enough to really warrant the better battery life anyway. but good news for those that are still on the fence about the switch with a better battery life option coming into the mix. this definitely doesn't seem like the rumored pro, just a small improvement on the original. something expected tbh.

I'm still weary to buy more joycons until they address this drift thing. My joycons have never been manhandled and stay on the switch or on a charging dock, but i still get drift on the left joycon regardless. ):

interesting you're having this issue with the left. i've had a few customers at work come in to replace left joycons specifically and one of them was telling me yesterday that when they looked online about the issue, it seems to be left joycons having problems, but there aren't as many reports about the right. i haven't looked myself, but it is kinda wild i've only seen left joycons get replaced thusfar at work.

Years
  • I LOVE IT!!!

Shame I have a Switch already but better battery is a huge boon, I don't think it will harm the Lite that much, as the main draw currently of the Lite is a lower price for the console itself.

Absolutely adore the new joycons, however I will still be going for custom ones, but it's nice to see they're finally branching out a bit.

Years
  • this is neat, though definitely not worth purchasing a whole new Switch for. I'm totally fine with charging mine when it gets low battery and hardly ever get to low battery when playing on the go (already a rarity; usually just on flights, where I can already plug it into a USB drive). but wah, why can't they make nicer joycon colors?! where are my pastels???

Years
  • I LOVE IT!!!

Shame I have a Switch already but better battery is a huge boon, I don't think it will harm the Lite that much, as the main draw currently of the Lite is a lower price for the console itself.

The thing is, my big concern is that I feel the reason for the bigger battery life is for more extended play sessions while on handheld... which seems to be most of the point of the Lite, besides the price. It'll be interesting to see what sales would look like for this new Switch vs the Lite once they take off. :o

User Anon 1848

Thank fucking god that I didn't order the Switch Lite. Part of me still wants to hold out until 2020 to see if Nintendo will release a true pro version to lessen the gap between the Switch and the next gen consoles.

Cid

Years
  • Someone ping me when this finally releases! I'm glad I waited out for a bit. If a Switch Pro comes in a year or so I don't think I'll be switching from this upgraded battery Switch unless the difference is that noticeable.

Was planning to buy the LGPE Switch today for my birthday but that's the old model so I'll just have to wait until the end of next month.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen yesterday
    Not sure why Nintendo couldn't have announced this with the Switch Lite if they're revealed only days apart ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Though tbh I'll probably just get this revision instead if the "Pro" version ends up being fake.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • For real? If it turns out trade evos will still be a thing in gen8 then I will be buying this for sure.

Back