• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Old tech you still have

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • What's the oldest piece of tech you still have? I believe the oldest piece of tech we have in the house are old tower computers from the Windows 2000, or XP era and super old keyboards. And my parents still have their old flip phones in the closet.

Years
    • Online now
    At the first house I grew up in, my oldest brother never tossed anything out and the room was totally abandoned when he left home. It resulted in the room looking like a frozen in time early 90's paradise.

I only went up to the room a couple times. It was in such a deserted part of the house and I didn't feel comfortable being there. The house had an awful vibe in general.

The bank owns the place now. We took the NES and SNES consoles along with about 200 games. (I'll link a picture of the storage box). He came back and mostly just wanted his old computer and baseball cards.

Spoiler:

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    The oldest one I still have is an Original Game Boy. The gray brick with purple colored buttons one that takes 4 AA batteries and eats them like candy. It's actually in pretty good shape, as well. It was mostly used to play Tetris and Links Awakening back in the day.

.hack

skunkape
    Years
  • I still have my ps1 & ps2 and both work great, I have a Sega Megadrive but it's untested I don't have the cables for it lol.

My Gameboy Colors are my oldest handhelds I never had the OG model although I'd love to have one for collections sake.
    @Megan you're lucky you have one!

@IV I think I also have some old floppy discs now you mention those! From my childhood I found them in my last clear up, god knows what's on them just says "pics" on them, probably google image search jpgs. lol

I still have all my old mobile phones too but dunno what works or not including early Blackberry and iphone models as well as a Sony Ericsson and a couple old Nokias and Samsungs. My brother even had a N gage, I think the first model, he sold it when he found out it held some value tho :/ I would've kept it if it was me haha

My dad used to have one of those cool old orange desktop mac computers too but I'm not sure if he still has it.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Oh, wait, I just remembered my dad has a Colico Vision stored away in a cabinet in the apartment. That's definitely the oldest piece of tech we have.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I still have an original NES, but I do also own an all-in-one stereo unit that may be older than the NES. I know it's from earlier than 1990 but I can't find a manufacturing date anywhere on the outside of the unit. I think I also have some individual cassette decks that are older than that - they only have Dolby NR type A, not B.

Back