• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Vega (and Altair/Sirius) - English Version

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
While this complaint has been done to death, the movesets many of the Pokémon have on this hack are just ridiculous. The most glaring example IMO would be how the majority of Electric-types can learn Hydro Pump from the move tutor. That poor decision from the hack makers makes pretty much every Ground-type that isn't Lilapse (which outruns all Electrics sans Sphericoil) or Garchomp, or somehow has enough Special Defense to tank a non-STAB Hydro Pump and KO the Electric-type user of said Hydro Pump, unviable.

Dragon Beat is probably the second biggest offender; as long as the opponent doesn't have anything that can avoid the 2HKO from any combination of its user's moves, the "drawback" is completely irrelevant.

I, too, wish to see a patch that will rectify the issue with 'mons knowing moves they have no right to know. Along with certain 'mons being screwed out of certain moves: I am annoyed to no end that Zapdos doesn't learn Thunderbolt in this hack and that every attempt to breed Earthquake onto the Gible line (the Pastebin file claims EQ is an egg move) has failed.

Also, an IV checker would be useful. There are other FireRed hacks (Liquid Crystal is first to come to mind) that have added one in.

Years
Edited: I Found a bug with the move Sludge Wave.
When a pokemon uses Sludge Wave and the enemy pokemon uses detect, the game freezes.
When a pokemon use Sludge Wave and the enemy uses Dig, The game Freezes.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 25, 2016
Im currently playing it on mobile :D at MyBoy! Emulator. Thanks for this! :D

Trainer 766

Can anyone suggest a good place to EV Train and grinding spots?It's a real pain since the level curves are far beyond insane.Plus,I don't even know which EV each Fakemon yield.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
If you check the Wiki for Vega (and let Google Translate do its...terrible job) it will give you a page that lists which Fakemons give what EVs. Besides that... The first route is probably the best route for special sweeper training since Glachild gives Special Attack EVs.

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2016
Who would I need to contact if I wanted to use some of the sprites in a ROM hack I'm starting? I really like the added evolutions (Especially the fact that Delibird has one) and would like to add some to my ROM hack if possible.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 23, 2017
This hack is soooo interesting! I really like the story line!
Can I translate it into Chinese? Please let me do this.

Del

Iт'ѕ rαιɴιɴɢ oυтѕιde [...]
Years
Thats one hell of a shit opinion and taste
It looks like you need to learn how to respect other members of community, in addition to understand from different perspectives (from the way you replied you do not have this ability for a reasonable Homosapien), however I will clarify my point, I said "Japanese hacks aren't that good" in other words, there are other hacks from other languages which are much far better, as Spanish ones for instance, and you do not have to be wise to know that, I didn't say Japanese Hacks are ugly or wasted didn't I? I totally respect all the efforts made by all fans. I really do appreciate it, but again; "Japanese hacks aren't that good"...
+This is a comment section made to give our opinions, if you don't like it... Just melt away...

Well then, so far all the Japanese hacks I've seen/played are well done. Can you do better than them? I would like to see.
I am afraid not, as I personally don't know how to make hacks, but let's me ask you this, compared to English hacks what's better; English hacks made like by Misky, Koolboyman (and others you can see in hackshowcases)... Or Japanese? Honestly, I believe English are far more better, and again I'll be repeating the same thing as I said above to Tofutheenderman, I am NOT considering Japanese hacks as bad hacks; Galacta for instance was so far nice to play but graphics and plot were a bit childish and unreasonable events, I didn't like Procyon and Deneb that much either and so on...
Can you do better than Flora Sky, Dark Energy, Grape, Prism... and other English hacks mister Zap? I would like to see...

Did you even play or even looked at this hack?
Hi there yernerp, so far, you're the only person who quoted me with a very rational way and applaud you for that unlike the couple guys above...
Yes I actually did play many Japanese games, thus, some Chinese and Portuguese, and let me say that Japanese so far were not good compared to those I just mentioned! What do you think?

Last edited:

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
chill out guys and get back on topic to this hack, take any arguments or off-topic conversations to PMs/VMs please ^_^

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
I asked everyone to stop and take it out of the thread but you continued to post, please make sure you stop immediately.

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
So some people have had problems running Vega on anything more accurate than VBA. Well, I spent the day working on getting it working on hardware and have come up with a patch! Apply this patch to a Vega ROM and it should at least get past the title screen; let me know if more needs doing. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmBaGhYdt-xhjLsB5YoH9oMQETU6bw

monkeybard

boop
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 14, 2023
So some people have had problems running Vega on anything more accurate than VBA. Well, I spent the day working on getting it working on hardware and have come up with a patch! Apply this patch to a Vega ROM and it should at least get past the title screen; let me know if more needs doing. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmBaGhYdt-xhjLsB5YoH9oMQETU6bw
I've been trying to get it to run on one of my own devices for a while now and this patch did the trick! Thanks! I just wish I knew how you did it so I can do the same for some other hacks haha.

Very excited to start playing this game in earnest I love fakemon.

Back