• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Vega (and Altair/Sirius) - English Version

Years
So it seems is if Egg Moves may be broken, cause i tried passing egg moves onto mons, but they wouldnt pass down despite me doing it right.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 23, 2022
Is there any cheatcodes for Pokemon Vega fairy I need a master ball and rare candy cheat please

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 2, 2023
Giving a try again, the last time i played through i got lost after the fifth badge.

Btw you can use some codebreakers from fire red.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
Pokemon Vega is probably the highest regarded of all foreign-language Pokemon hacks. Created by a group of Japanese hackers, it contains a new region, all sorts of new Pokemon and moves, and a significant challenge.

We have fully translated Pokemon Vega, and it is now available as a patch for English Fire Red (v1.0), here:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/aqa32fsqq2c4gmp/Vega_20200823_pd.zip/file

IMPORTANT: This is a sequel to Pokemon Altair and Sirius Versions. More information on those is under the spoiler below.

Spoiler:

Features:

• A fully new region, the Tohoak region!
  • 181 new Pokemon, plus 56 Pokemon from newer generations!
  • 70 new moves, plus 87 moves from newer generations!
  • Impressive custom music! (Full OST download here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/ge6slgc2i4rwrlv/Pokémon+Vega+OST.zip)
  • Rematches with almost all important trainers!
  • An extensive postgame, including a battle facility!
  • And much more!
Screenshots:

Spoiler:

Credits:
Original Development: Pokemon Vega Team (entirely anonymous)
Translation: Dr. Akimbo
Pokemon Names: Dr. Akimbo, Pokemon Vega Team, Asfia, Bevan7, Doesnt, Ganon's Error, Hawkfire, kisekisfr, LightningLord2, Lucis, Mighty Revenant, quiggles, Silphver, SilverStrangequark, Toyotasomi no Miko, Z-nogyroP
Move Names: Dr. Akimbo, Wizards of the Coast (the TCG guys), Doesnt, Ketsuban, Mighty Revenant
Title Screen Logo: kisekisfr
Text Hacking: Dr. Akimbo
Graphics Porting: Dr. Akimbo, Doesnt, Chrunch, El Diabeetus, Tailes
Music Porting: Dr. Akimbo
Map Porting: Dr. Akimbo, Doesnt
Mechanics Porting: Doesnt, Tailes, Dr. Akimbo
Compatibility Patch: Diegoisawesome

Frequently Asked Questions:

- How do I get through the first gym?
Spoiler:

- Where is the Flash HM?
Spoiler:

- How do I get past the Dugtrio in Seafin City?
Spoiler:

- Where is the Strength HM?
Spoiler:

- Where is the Cut HM?
Spoiler:

- How do I get past the scientists in Ravenplume City?
Spoiler:

- Where is the Waterfall HM?
Spoiler:

- I beat the Pokemon League. Now what?
Spoiler:

- How do I get through the Sphere Ruins?
Spoiler:

- I got through the Sphere Ruins. Now what?
Spoiler:

- Where can I find a certain Pokemon?
Spoiler:

Hope someday you can also translete pokemon perocyon because it's already on six gym now

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
IIRC Dr. Akimbo is waiting for the full version (understandably).

I mean i afraid maybe they stop working on it because when i check on their website there no news because of that i recommend the current version. But if dr. Akimbo decisions to wait then I can only accept and agree

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
I mean i afraid maybe they stop working on it because when i check on their website there no news because of that i recommend the current version. But if dr. Akimbo decisions to wait then I can only accept and agree

Of course, it is a possibility that they might have stopped working on it but since the team behind it finished two games already (Altair-Sirius and Vega), comments I've read is about that the team is likely to finish it but when is not a question noone can answer. All we can do is keep our prayers up. Maybe someone can give info about the how dev process was happened on Vega. Maybe keeping things silent and dropping big updates is their thing 🤷

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen today
hi, i tried evolving ledyba but it stopped for some reason. can anyone explain? and also can someone explain why so many pokemon is locked to postgame?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 16, 2024
hi, i tried evolving ledyba but it stopped for some reason. can anyone explain? and also can someone explain why so many pokemon is locked to postgame?

Because this game functions like the original FireRed and LeafGreen. Where any Pokemon beyond the first 151 that appear in your Pokedex are normally unobtainable and cannot be evolved if the evolution number is beyond the 151 until the postgame. Why Akimbo chose that route, I have no clue. I discovered a method to allow those Pokemon to evolve before the postgame, but it may glitch your game. I'll still repost it.

It's because fake pokemon suck and shouldn't be used. Makes the game unplayable.

Worthless opinion. Yes, some Fakemon are bad, but Akimbo's are good. Very good, I would say. If you hate Fakemon, I hope you haven't played Gen 8 or 9. Half of SwSh's Pokemon are Fakemon and everything in Scorn and Vile are Fakemon.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 16, 2024
Okay, yeah, I might not be able to help you then. I remember how to do it for VBA, though. Enter this code to enable the National Dex.

3202461F00B9

That's not enough though. After that, catch a wild Pokemon that is in the National Dex. Use a Wild Pokemon Code modifier. This one is an easy catch which will activate the National Dex:

Ekans: 83007CEE 011E

Agreed, although now I've run into a slight problem.
It seems that unlocking the national dex has screwed with a few events in the story, such as Mos meeting you after beating the 1st gym and your friend/rival encountering two Team DH grunts in the cave. If I try speaking to Mos, the game freezes, but thankfully speaking to my rival causes the event to play out without a problem.
After the cave though I came across a DH grunt, and talking to him froze my game.

Well, the trick here is activating the cheat, evolve the mon and then immediately turn off the cheat, making sure the nat dex isn't triggered when checking the dex. This way you can avoid all the glitches.

Alright I'll try that. Have to restart my whole game though lol.

What the heck? I had no idea something like that could happen. I went through the entire game and the only (technically gamebreaking) glitch I encountered was at the Pokemon League. A girl who was normally standing away from the entrance to the chambers of the Elite 4 and Champion (the one talking about healing items) was instead blocking the entrance. WTW allowed me to get past her. I activated the National Dex just before my 3rd Gym Badge battle.

Side Note: This game really is a load of f**king bullshit. You can't buy Revives until after you become Champion? There are only 3~ Revives you can find? F that. I cheated them in. How are you supposed to heal fainted Pokemon during the League challenge?

BWZ

Days
  • Seen today
Finished Vega recently, very pleasantly surprised by the quality of this hack.

I'm not into fakemons normally, but Vega's designs are great, to the point where I'm considering playing more fakemon games in the future. Although from what I've read online, Vega is the exception to the rule and most fakemon designs out there are garbage ...

The soundtrack is great and conveys the GBA Pokémon feel perfectly, lots of good themes (gym leader and Team DH theme come to mind)

hof pokemon vega.png

I tried a fakemon only run, with set battle style and no items in battle. Good challenge overall, with lots of grinding in the early game (and fakemon options are not that great in the early routes)
I've seen a lot of people complaining about the lack of revives before battling the elite 4, but I liked the idea. Makes the elite 4 challenge unique instead of just being 4 successive slightly harder gym battles

In conclusion, great hack : 9/10

Days
  • Seen Mar 15, 2024
Ganymede and Nemea are references to Greek mythology. Nemea is a kind of shorthand name of the Nemean lion which Hercules must fight. I am curious what Lylapse refers to.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
I hope someday someone can translete Procyon and Deneb it's not finished but up to 5th gym, man really miss the game and i hope the japan dev team is healthy and if it true they have legal battle by Nintendo i hope they're okay

Back