• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Windows 11

Years
  • I highly doubt my laptop I just got just recently will work with windows 11, guess eventually I'll have a laptop with it in some years when an affordable budget one is released.

Edit: My laptop is eligible for the upgrade, just checked lol.

Most computers from at least 2018 and beyond will work with Windows 11. It's mainly older models that won't due to the strict CPU generation requirements as well as the TPM requirements.

FlameChrome

[color=#7fffd4]IDK what to put here[/color]
    Years
  • oh yeah the hardware requirements are a bit much, luckily my cpu or whatever has access to fTPM so it got passed the TPM 2.0 requirement. However for people who dont it is concerning along with the very limited supported cpus. (now its probably expanded since i last checked, idr when) I feel it should really me maybe 5th gen intel or newer (or maybe start at 6th gen, but anything older than 5th gen your playing with fire on windows anyways it feels like) and for amd, from first ryzen or newer (includes all the athlon too they make for the ultra budget). Thats me though if yall got different ideas who it should be say it, im curious wut yall think

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    oh yeah the hardware requirements are a bit much, luckily my cpu or whatever has access to fTPM so it got passed the TPM 2.0 requirement. However for people who dont it is concerning along with the very limited supported cpus. (now its probably expanded since i last checked, idr when) I feel it should really me maybe 5th gen intel or newer (or maybe start at 6th gen, but anything older than 5th gen your playing with fire on windows anyways it feels like) and for amd, from first ryzen or newer (includes all the athlon too they make for the ultra budget). Thats me though if yall got different ideas who it should be say it, im curious wut yall think

I tested it on my laptop that has a 5th gen and besides slightly sluggish performance due to an aging hard drive, I didn't really have any problems with it (Until I was booted out since it's an unsupported processor and it doesn't have a TPM). I hate these strict requirements so much. I hope my desktop doesn't suffer the same fate.

tigertron

Pokémon Master
    Years
  • I just checked the system requirements and fortunately I can run W11, but I'll probably wait for the big service pack update before making a decision on whether to get rid of W10, since I'm happy with it.

Years
  • i can technically run W11, but like.. i keep asking myself if i should. i'm too worried things are going to go south and break. aesthetically i feel like i'm going to love it, but i'm still... very unsure.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • I've been using W11 for a week and... I'm fine? Only problem I have is that all the tabs keep bunching up, which sucks when I'm running several windows of the same programme, and, unlike all the previous versions, I can't find an obvious button to keep them separate in the taskbar, but I can live with it.

Years
  • My main PC can't run it yet apparently, and I don't wanna upgrade my laptop (which somehow is compatible). Guess I'll wait a year or so before I give it a shot. W10 is perfectly fine for my needs atm (and yes this is the exact same thing I said when moving from 7 to 10 all those years ago).

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I haven't had any real issues since I downloaded it. One thing I have noticed is phantom icons (?) in the empty space on the right side. My battery power, speaker volume and a few others pop up when I hover over that empty spot as if they're supposed to be there.

Years
  • My main PC can't run it yet apparently, and I don't wanna upgrade my laptop (which somehow is compatible). Guess I'll wait a year or so before I give it a shot. W10 is perfectly fine for my needs atm (and yes this is the exact same thing I said when moving from 7 to 10 all those years ago).
    random follow-up after using windows 11 on my PC for the past 9 months. i haven't really missed 10 since they feel almost exactly the same. only difference being the taskbar being centered by default, which is good for me bcs i no longer have to use TaskbarX for that. tabs on explorer is a welcome update for sure, and so is natively supporting extended wallpapers for multi display setups like mine (did 10 do this? i remember having to install superpaper).

Explorer of Time

Advocate of Ideals
    Years
  • I'm sick of having to change my OS whenever Microsoft decides it isn't profitable to keep making security updates for old Windows versions, so Windows 10 will be my last Windows OS. There's no point in changing to 11 if I'll just have to switch to 12 or 13 in five years anyway, and Linux gaming is getting really good now because of the Steam Deck.

FlameChrome

[color=#7fffd4]IDK what to put here[/color]
    Years
  • I'm sick of having to change my OS whenever Microsoft decides it isn't profitable to keep making security updates for old Windows versions, so Windows 10 will be my last Windows OS. There's no point in changing to 11 if I'll just have to switch to 12 or 13 in five years anyway, and Linux gaming is getting really good now because of the Steam Deck.
    microsoft seems to treat each windows like a brand new OS, meanwhile apple, android, linux, and chromeos tends to treat it like newer version like a newer driver update and not something thats fresh off the grill and it does get annoying and with the various windows stupidity (using w11 currently) its keeping me less and less glued to windows. I play games, and while yes with the release of the steam deck linux gaming has gotten a lot better but its just not windows level of support, mainly some anticheats are holding back the full usage on linux. But if they keep it up, and some of the rumors about w12 is true, then i will be even more conviced to do the jump to linux full time and sacrifice some stuff.

Back