• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you open this thread, you must post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Setsuna

♡ Setsuna Scarlet Storm!!
Years
  • Loving yourself can be very hard (can relate). It means to accept your flaws and work hard on those you want to change. Of course, that's usually easier said than done. But you're still young so you will get plenty of opportunities to improve your self image.

But I'm glad you at least have other people around you that like you for who you are and who are willing to give you a break when you need it. :)

Accepting your body the way it is can be hard at times, and not something anyone can help you with fully, since the issue is in your own head (having good people around can help make it easier though). It might help to focus on what you consider good about yourself, and knowing that everyone has flaws, and that you don't have to be perfect.
    giphy.gif

I'm really thankful for them. I feel way better about myself now than I used to years ago, and I think I'm just having a bit of a rougher period right now. I used to just complain about how I looked all the time and never made any effort to change it and now I'm slowly kinda finding that it's possible to change that and slowly working out how I'd like to. Bought new clothes recently, that was kinda nice. A friend of mine convinced me to buy this really cute hoodie since they were buying something similar. Definitely felt very cute to wear it.

I never loved myself, always thought I was one ugly insufferable person.

Still think like that even if everyone else says otherwise
    giphy.gif

Alright mister, square up. I can and will fight you on this.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I never loved myself, always thought I was one ugly insufferable person.

Still think like that even if everyone else says otherwise
    The dangerous thing about low self esteem is that you end up underselling yourself. For example I would never associate you with repairing printers. I think you fit better in a role that involves planning and strategizing coming off of the types of games you play.
    I'm really thankful for them. I feel way better about myself now than I used to years ago, and I think I'm just having a bit of a rougher period right now. I used to just complain about how I looked all the time and never made any effort to change it and now I'm slowly kinda finding that it's possible to change that and slowly working out how I'd like to. Bought new clothes recently, that was kinda nice. A friend of mine convinced me to buy this really cute hoodie since they were buying something similar. Definitely felt very cute to wear it.
    Small things like this can do a lot of positive and the more of these small things happen the more it will lead to a better understanding of what you what. Ngl, though, I myself still have a long way to go, as well.

And its perfectly understandable if you're having a rough time right now. The pandemic still has a bit influence on basically everyone. But at least we're slowly coming to an end of this whole mess. :)

Years
    • Seen today
    My entire wardrobe consists of two types of outfits. "upstanding young adult" and "homeless", because heavily baggy clothes are comfortable to me.

Fleurdelis

Gunbreaker addict
    Years
  • The dangerous thing about low self esteem is that you end up underselling yourself. For example I would never associate you with repairing printers. I think you fit better in a role that involves planning and strategizing coming off of the types of games you play.

I'm used to underselling myself. Also might come off as a suprise but im arse at planning and strategizing, most of the time I go with the flow in those games xD

Years
  • Okies... I will catch up on the conversation when I'm not half asleep... but obviously I had to post!

yes, go fall asleep and then play the conversation out in your dreams and afterward come post here =3

Good to hear =)

I also don't have much productive to say, but I hope everyone enjoyed their day.

Eh, it was okay I guess. Your average workday =p
    How was yours though?

My entire wardrobe consists of two types of outfits. "upstanding young adult" and "homeless", because heavily baggy clothes are comfortable to me.

I just got 2 closets full of stuff that's comfy, I couldn't care less how it looks.

I'm used to underselling myself. Also might come off as a suprise but im arse at planning and strategizing, most of the time I go with the flow in those games xD

I tend to mind my own business in RTS' and try to bunker down. Whoever attacks me first becomes my target and I unleash everything I have at them xD
    Which usually results in both of us getting killed since others will either just let us fight it out and pounce whoever wins, or pile up on me xD

Ok bring it, ill have you know my melee capablilties are beyond your comprehension

you seem to be under the impression she won't use ranged weaponry.... 😏

Fleurdelis

Gunbreaker addict
    Years
  • I tend to mind my own business in RTS' and try to bunker down. Whoever attacks me first becomes my target and I unleash everything I have at them xD
    Which usually results in both of us getting killed since others will either just let us fight it out and pounce whoever wins, or pile up on me xD

you seem to be under the impression she won't use ranged weaponry.... 😏

i have high pierce armor so ranged is no problem

in RTS I am usually the one that will outproduce you no matter what and then just overwhelm with numbers or find holes in the defense to crush all the tech in the main base

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Well, there has to be some level of competence if you don't really need to think about what you're doing in those games. Especially newer ones which are so infested with complicated mechanics that you can't beat them by randomly mashing buttons, anymore. <_<

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hey, have you seen my newly adopted Eevee? Yeah, it's not as great as a Dialga, but I was not chosen by a legendary Pokémon, I am just a random peasant in this world :(

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back