• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you open this thread, you must post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Nothing too difficult for people, I don't think! Counting games that normally ask you post a number should now have at least a bit of discussion in the post too. Not too difficult for most of us, I already enjoy chatting aha. :D

Also missed you Aisaka omg <3

Years
  • If you open this thread, you must post

That does seem pretty major. At least, for what goes on here, I suppose. What's important to know about the new policy changes, anything I need to keep in mind?

Nothing major, there's like 2 things to keep in mind:
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=10362991#post10362991

I keep ending up here because I always click on every thread with new posts >.>

Anyway Hi and WB 🤗

Setsuna

♡ Setsuna Scarlet Storm!!
    Years
  • Nothing too difficult for people, I don't think! Counting games that normally ask you post a number should now have at least a bit of discussion in the post too. Not too difficult for most of us, I already enjoy chatting aha. :D

I see I see I see! That's normally the kind of thing I've tried to keep open to myself so that sounds like it'd make things better for me actually, I dropped stuff like Gender Race for cause it was just a lagfest with not a whole lot else going on, having them feel more... social, I guess, sounds like a lot of fun. I feel like this site is like, the last place I'd expect to have difficult to follow or limiting rules. I say it a lot but this place is super inviting and accepting.

Aww that means a lot coming from you, thank you! I missed you too! <3

Nothing major, there's like 2 things to keep in mind:
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=10362991#post10362991

I keep ending up here because I always click on every thread with new posts >.>

Anyway Hi and WB 🤗
    Actually I got a quick question about the thread monopolization thing. Would that include things like back-and-forths that I typically do? Sometimes they tend to go on for a while and I'm typically the one to keep them going, so I just wanna know for certain if that's something I can continue to do or not.

Either way, happy to see this thread still sucks people in, hehehe...
    Thanks for the welcome back, and nice to meet you!

Years
  • Actually I got a quick question about the thread monopolization thing. Would that include things like back-and-forths that I typically do? Sometimes they tend to go on for a while and I'm typically the one to keep them going, so I just wanna know for certain if that's something I can continue to do or not.

It's in the same thread, but a bit higher up:
    "Now, you might be asking: what is meant by thread monopolization? Basically, it's when you are making every other post in a given thread. Take for example, the Gender Race: if I were counting, and my counts led to be 499, 497, and 495 (with other gentlemen having 498 and 496), then that's monopolizing. You are not giving other users a chance to post, and are essentially "taking over" a thread. We are trying to move away from this, simply because it's not only unwelcoming, but it's flat out spam."

I don't know what the exact limit is, but I've been avoiding making more than 2 every other posts myself (for this section). So a lengthy back n forth, without other people in between would be out.
    For example, with my post above, this is my second every other post in a row (pretty sure those hidden/deleted posts don't count), and as such can't/won't reply here again till at least 2 other people have responded in this thread.

Drawn in here by the quote...
    hmmm... let's see If I can drag some others in... 😈

Nothing too difficult for people, I don't think! Counting games that normally ask you post a number should now have at least a bit of discussion in the post too. Not too difficult for most of us, I already enjoy chatting aha. :D

It's the sauce of all misery 😇

Actually, yeah, things definitely have changed. For one: Squirtlenator isn't here anymore. That's because 2) there were some policy changes in regards to spamming on here. That means things have slowed down a little.

So: how are you doing? :)

Spoiler:

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    I'm doing pretty alright, trying to slow things down myself actually. I think I got pretty carried away with talking with way too many people all the time and things started to get to me there. There was a lot going on and I felt like I had my hands full and then some, so I took a pretty lengthy break from a few places to get everything sorted out and remind myself it's fine not to be doing everything all the time. Being relaxed is plenty nice too.~
    It's easy to burn yourself out when you try to engage with more than you can stem. I can relate to this a lot, as well. Glad to see you're doing alright! ^-^
    I'm giving away all my shiny Eeveelutions.
    Huh? Why's that? Didn't you work hard to get them and now you want to get rid of them? D:

Setsuna

Years
  • I don't know what the exact limit is, but I've been avoiding making more than 2 every other posts myself (for this section). So a lengthy back n forth, without other people in between would be out.
    For example, with my post above, this is my second every other post in a row (pretty sure those hidden/deleted posts don't count), and as such can't/won't reply here again till at least 2 other people have responded in this thread.

Ah, reading things properly... I was never great at that...
    Sounds good though, I'll keep that in mind, thanks for the second pair of eyes cause... damn, sometimes you need that.

It's easy to burn yourself out when you try to engage with more than you can stem. I can relate to this a lot, as well. Glad to see you're doing alright! ^-^
    I definitely overcompensated, haha. To be honest, I tried to be super social and talk to a lot of people because I was pretty lonely regarding something in my life, then when that started getting better everything was thrown out of whack because I suddenly didn't have the energy or time for it all anymore. Then I started to get worried I wasn't talking to people enough and stuff went downhill from there, so I definitely burned myself out, and rather quick.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one, though it's definitely a strange position to find yourself in...

I appreciate it! I hope you're doing well too!

Years
  • Originally Posted by ReKoil
    I'm giving away all my shiny Eeveelutions.
    Huh? Why's that? Didn't you work hard to get them and now you want to get rid of them? D:

Sure, just let me corrupt them so they delete themselves after being traded and those are all yours!
    no idea if that's even possible =3

Anyway, best wishes to all who post here 😊

Years

I see I see I see! That's normally the kind of thing I've tried to keep open to myself so that sounds like it'd make things better for me actually, I dropped stuff like Gender Race for cause it was just a lagfest with not a whole lot else going on, having them feel more... social, I guess, sounds like a lot of fun. I feel like this site is like, the last place I'd expect to have difficult to follow or limiting rules. I say it a lot but this place is super inviting and accepting.

Aww that means a lot coming from you, thank you! I missed you too! <3

Actually I got a quick question about the thread monopolization thing. Would that include things like back-and-forths that I typically do? Sometimes they tend to go on for a while and I'm typically the one to keep them going, so I just wanna know for certain if that's something I can continue to do or not.

First off... things just haven't been the same round here without the queen <3

It's so good to see you back! I hope life has been kind to you, or I'll have to kick it's derriere :)

About the monopolisation rule. My understanding is that the main objective is to stop mindless spamming, which can quickly "take over" a thread, and put others off wanting to join in. If you're having an actual proper conversation, then I doubt it will cause the same problems!

That is just my understanding of course, and things are subject to change a little bit in Forum Games, but I honestly think any changes will be very positive for users like yourself.

One thing you might have noticed is that, due to the new rules, The Count to Infinity and Gender Race have pretty much become unofficial "designated chat threads". I know you were put off by the fast paced action in there before, but it's not like that anymore, so feel free to give them both another chance :)

Setsuna

Years
  • First off... things just haven't been the same round here without the queen <3

It's so good to see you back! I hope life has been kind to you, or I'll have to kick it's derriere :)
    Oh hey Setsuna's back, awesome! Welcome back! :D

Thanks you guys, that makes me really happy! I'm happy I can swing by again and see you guys.

Being honest, things have been pretty back and forth for me and I've been facing a lot of self-image struggles lately, so things haven't been great for me. Not to mention something last night hit me pretty hard and I'm spending today to try and recover from it. I really appreciate how kind you are. <3

About the monopolisation rule. My understanding is that the main objective is to stop mindless spamming, which can quickly "take over" a thread, and put others off wanting to join in. If you're having an actual proper conversation, then I doubt it will cause the same problems!

That is just my understanding of course, and things are subject to change a little bit in Forum Games, but I honestly think any changes will be very positive for users like yourself.

One thing you might have noticed is that, due to the new rules, The Count to Infinity and Gender Race have pretty much become unofficial "designated chat threads". I know you were put off by the fast paced action in there before, but it's not like that anymore, so feel free to give them both another chance :)

Hm alright, back-and-forths were always sorta my way of getting to talk more with someone, so I'd usually have two or three other conversation topics going along with the thread topic (I believe Guess the next user to post was a good example of that) and since the whole point was conversation, I imagine that'd be okay.
    Yeah, the rule change definitely gives me the impression this site pushes towards those positive changes, so I'd love to see them if they're ever necessary and give my input if it'd be worth much.

I actually didn't realize Count to Infinity was a thread, either that or I just completely forgot. May have to give Gender Race another look over, especially since I know you've been popping your head in there every now and then while I was around.~

Years
  • Being honest, things have been pretty back and forth for me and I've been facing a lot of self-image struggles lately, so things haven't been great for me.

If those self image struggles are caused by other people, I can only recommend you be selective of who's opinion matters to you. I personally couldn't care less what some rando I pass on the street thinks of me. I only care for what people I care about think of me.
    More importantly though, it's best to live in a way that you are happy with yourself.

Not sure I'm the best person for advice though xD
    seeing how I have no friends irl... though that's mainly because of something else

Not to mention something last night hit me pretty hard and I'm spending today to try and recover from it. I really appreciate how kind you are. <3

Spoiler:

😊😊😊

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2021
    One of my favorite celebrities made a Pokémon card out of his dog. Very cute!

Attachments

1B86CD64-2BE6-4C44-A7CE-1A11DBF483B6.jpg
      1 MB · Views: 5

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
    Years
  • There's one other person viewing this thread with me, and if I don't post then they'll be the only one who'll ever knows what I did. 👀

Setsuna

Years
  • If those self image struggles are caused by other people, I can only recommend you be selective of who's opinion matters to you. I personally couldn't care less what some rando I pass on the street thinks of me. I only care for what people I care about think of me.
    More importantly though, it's best to live in a way that you are happy with yourself.

I appreciate it! But no, they're pretty much all internal. Like as an example, I had one of those days recently where I looked in the mirror and just thought I looked ugly. If someone else has a negative opinion I'm usually pretty okay just accepting that and being fine with it. The people I care about are different as well of course, but they're always kind to me and I like to think I've surrounded myself with good people.
    With the thing that hit me hard, the worst of it definitely happened yesterday. There was a pretty big issue that was resolved (for the most part) by a lack of communication and I got a good chance to sit down and talk things out after I took the day to relax and everything. Things feel way better with that now, which can hopefully contribute to bettering my self-image.

I usually like to think I'm really good with keeping my spirits up about that stuff, but everyone needs a chance to loosen up and let the feelings out, right?

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    I appreciate it! But no, they're pretty much all internal. Like as an example, I had one of those days recently where I looked in the mirror and just thought I looked ugly. If someone else has a negative opinion I'm usually pretty okay just accepting that and being fine with it. The people I care about are different as well of course, but they're always kind to me and I like to think I've surrounded myself with good people.
    With the thing that hit me hard, the worst of it definitely happened yesterday. There was a pretty big issue that was resolved (for the most part) by a lack of communication and I got a good chance to sit down and talk things out after I took the day to relax and everything. Things feel way better with that now, which can hopefully contribute to bettering my self-image.
    Loving yourself can be very hard (can relate). It means to accept your flaws and work hard on those you want to change. Of course, that's usually easier said than done. But you're still young so you will get plenty of opportunities to improve your self image.

But I'm glad you at least have other people around you that like you for who you are and who are willing to give you a break when you need it. :)

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    If those self image struggles are caused by other people, I can only recommend you be selective of who's opinion matters to you. I personally couldn't care less what some rando I pass on the street thinks of me. I only care for what people I care about think of me.
    I would more radical here, if those self-image struggles are caused by other people, I would recommend you no longer talk to them at all, be they friends or family or whatever.
    I am extrapolating/abstracting a word of advice given by a former world-class athlete. If someone is holding you back, including if they make you feel unsafe or whatever, you're allowed to get rid of them but be careful when hiding their body. You need the right influence around you.

Yeah I clicked on this topic and didn't want to just write a placeholder post ^^

Years
  • I would more radical here, if those self-image struggles are caused by other people, I would recommend you no longer talk to them at all, be they friends or family or whatever.
    I am extrapolating/abstracting a word of advice given by a former world-class athlete. If someone is holding you back, including if they make you feel unsafe or whatever, you're allowed to get rid of them but be careful when hiding their body. You need the right influence around you.

Yeah I clicked on this topic and didn't want to just write a placeholder post ^^

That's an option too, but can have an unexpected snowballing effect. Like you start ignoring a relative because they're always mean, and suddenly other relatives start ignoring you because of that. Including possibly some you do like/are nice.
    But, to each their own of course. I just tend to be more careful I guess.

Also, why hide the body at all, just turn them into fossils! 🙃

I usually like to think I'm really good with keeping my spirits up about that stuff, but everyone needs a chance to loosen up and let the feelings out, right?

Accepting your body the way it is can be hard at times, and not something anyone can help you with fully, since the issue is in your own head (having good people around can help make it easier though). It might help to focus on what you consider good about yourself, and knowing that everyone has flaws, and that you don't have to be perfect.

One of my favorite celebrities made a Pokémon card out of his dog. Very cute!

That looks pretty good =o

There's one other person viewing this thread with me, and if I don't post then they'll be the only one who'll ever knows what I did. 👀

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    That's an option too, but can have an unexpected snowballing effect. Like you start ignoring a relative because they're always mean, and suddenly other relatives start ignoring you because of that. Including possibly some you do like/are nice.
    But, to each their own of course. I just tend to be more careful I guess.

I am careful don't worry ^^

Also, why hide the body at all, just turn them into fossils! 🙃

XD

It's becoming too deep now...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back