• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Greenlit: The Lucario Effect : A Guide for the Perfect Competitive Lucario

C Formica

The Aura Awakens
Years
  • As you might see from my Profile, and my avatar, my favorite Pokemon is indeed Lucario. I'd thought it would be great to give people a guide on how to optimize their Lucario's for different competitive purposes, mainly as the Ultimate Sweeper.

I have the facts and stats already compiled, and the reasons and purposes for the moves, EVs, ability, item, etc. I feel the option for a competitive Lucario, sweeper of course, is fully utilized with the information I have come up with.

I hope this guide will be passed, as Lucario is used as a sweeper by many strong competitive trainers, and is a great asset to both your in-game and competitive game. I would also like to put the locations in each game, Gen 4 and above obviously, where a riolu or lucario can be found. (Ex. X&Y, Korrina gives you a Lucario along with it's mega stone)

Thanks!

Last edited:

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
    Years
  • As you might see from my Profile, and my avatar, my favorite Pokemon is indeed Lucario. I'd thought it would be great to give people a guide on how to optimize their Lucario's for different competitive purposes, mainly as the Ultimate Sweeper.

I have the facts and stats already compiled, and the reasons and purposes for the moves, EVs, ability, item, etc. I feel the option for a competitive Lucario, sweeper of course, is fully utilized with the information I have come up with.

I hope this guide will be passed, as Lucario is used as a sweeper by many strong competitive trainers, and is a great asset to both your in-game and competitive game. I would also like to put the locations in each game, Gen 4 and above obviously, where a riolu or lucario can be found. (Ex. X&Y, Korrina gives you a Lucario along with it's mega stone)

Thanks!

While I can appreciate your enthusiasm for Lucario, I feel like this could just be a discussion thread found in Battling and Team Building forum, similar to those we have of Pelipper and Pheromosa.
    orrrrr you cut the irrelevant stuff (i.e. where to find) and write up an article for the "How to Battle With" series, as it is certainly lacking in recent entries. We really do need a good Gen 7 entry for that series, and if you want to start us off that would be great!

If you want to do that, then it gets a +1 from me. I'd note that Lucarionite is banned from OU still for reasons that you should probably explain.

C Formica

The Aura Awakens
    Years
  • orrrrr you cut the irrelevant stuff (i.e. where to find) and write up an article for the "How to Battle With" series, as it is certainly lacking in recent entries. We really do need a good Gen 7 entry for that series, and if you want to start us off that would be great!

If you want to do that, then it gets a +1 from me. I'd note that Lucarionite is banned from OU still for reasons that you should probably explain.

Of course!! It would be my pleasure to get started on that. I'll make some changes to get down to the basics. And it slipped my mind that Lucarionite is banned in over used, my bad. I will put that in there. Thanks for the opprotunity.
    Oh, and which format should I do Lucario in? Mega Lucario will be put in the Uber format obviously, so should I put Lucario in UU? Or both UU and OU?

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Of course!! It would be my pleasure to get started on that. I'll make some changes to get down to the basics. And it slipped my mind that Lucarionite is banned in over used, my bad. I will put that in there. Thanks for the opprotunity.
    Oh, and which format should I do Lucario in? Mega Lucario will be put in the Uber format obviously, so should I put Lucario in UU? Or both UU and OU?
    I'll poke a couple of the other battling writers to give their input on these questions as I'm not versed with singles prior to the second necessary approval (I do agree with ddrox to stick to just battling if you're going in-depth on that). May be a short while given the new year and all. Imo it may be best to not try and cover all variants/tiers in the one article however, lest it get convoluted.

C Formica

The Aura Awakens
    Years
  • I'll poke a couple of the other battling writers to give their input on these questions as I'm not versed with singles prior to the second necessary approval (I do agree with ddrox to stick to just battling if you're going in-depth on that). May be a short while given the new year and all. Imo it may be best to not try and cover all variants/tiers in the one article however, lest it get convoluted.

Alright, so I was thinking I would write about how to use Lucario as a physical sweeper, and how to use it as a special sweeper in the UU tier. Is that alright?

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
    Years
  • Alright, so I was thinking I would write about how to use Lucario as a physical sweeper, and how to use it as a special sweeper in the UU tier. Is that alright?

Use whatever set(s) and tier you have experience in. If a set works for both, say so. I've never used a Lucario competitively since the "lol everyone just use MLuke in OU for free wins" meta (first 3 days of XY, before the mega stone got banished to the depths of Ubers), so I can't help you pick :P

C Formica

The Aura Awakens
    Years
  • Use whatever set(s) and tier you have experience in. If a set works for both, say so. I've never used a Lucario competitively since the "lol everyone just use MLuke in OU for free wins" meta (first 3 days of XY, before the mega stone got banished to the depths of Ubers), so I can't help you pick :P

Alright, I'm almost done with the rough draft, I'll PM you the draft once I'm done with it so you can ten me what needs to be fixed before it goes to the workshop. How many votes does a proposal need to be GreenLit?

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • More or less, I'd be cool if it was a 'how to battle with' sorta thing too. Lucario is a popular pokemon, so I think this article can be popular! I'll give this a +1 too if that's where you wanna go. :]

C Formica

The Aura Awakens
    Years
  • More or less, I'd be cool if it was a 'how to battle with' sorta thing too. Lucario is a popular pokemon, so I think this article can be popular! I'll give this a +1 too if that's where you wanna go. :]

Thanks very much, I appriciate your support. I can add that in if you like, I'm almost done with rough draft #2, so I'm still open to more suggestions.

C Formica

The Aura Awakens
    Years
  • I can help you with Mega Lucario if you want

That'd be great! I was only going to do Lucario because Lucarionite is banned in OU, but if you would like to do an Uber add-on, I'd really appriciate that.

On a side note, can you see my signature? I have it in there, but everytime I put it in there again, it disappears within an hour or so and replaced with a little square like the picture symbol. Wonder what's happening...

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    On a side note, can you see my signature? I have it in there, but everytime I put it in there again, it disappears within an hour or so and replaced with a little square like the picture symbol. Wonder what's happening...
    The site you're using to create the image only stores them temporarily--it gets rid of them after a certain period of time, to free up server space apparently. Save it and upload it to something like imgur to keep it permanently.

Back