• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2

Years
  • So we've had this rather exciting game revealed at E3 and a few tiny sneak peeks at what we are to expect. However, what do you think will either be featured in this game, or what would you like to see in BotW2, whether it's fixing issues in BotW1 or including features that were perhaps missing from the first?

And of course the most important question......do you think you'll get to play as Zelda?!!!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    If I get to play as short-haired Zelda BOTW2 might become one of my absolute favorite games tbh.

But real talk i'm excited about the story continuation and see how they go with it. Also curious to see if they'll bring in the triforce somehow since that was a staple that was pretty much missing in the first game iirc.

Years
  • I AM SO BEYOND EXCITED FOR THIS GAME even if i haven't actually beat botw in full
    I would love the opportunity to play as Zelda. :catheart:

I'm also interested to see how they explain Link losing all his hearts/stamina from the previous game. I had a thought that maybe when he gets zapped by that hand in the trailer, he gets "reset"? :thonk:

By the end of the game, I was actually a fan of the weapon degradation system (even tho it was a little annoying) so I hope that continues.

I do like all of the gear we could collect, but I swear to god if we get climbing gear again the final upgraded version better be waterproof so i can climb in the rain!!!!!

Years
  • This... actually really caught me off guard.

Like, I knew another Zelda game was coming for sure, obviously given the success of BotW. But I thought it would be kind of an unrelated Zelda game similar to BotW in graphics but isn't necessarily a sequel. Think like... Wind Waker or something like that, lmao.

Still though!! I've loved what I've seen so far. One thing that's especially noteworthy is the darker turn this is going to take. Keep in mind that BotW was already pretty dark as a game I believe what with Calamity Ganon wrecking havoc over Hyrule, killing all of the poor citizens and the Champions on top of that. .__. So I wonder what's going to happen now?

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    By the end of the game, I was actually a fan of the weapon degradation system (even tho it was a little annoying) so I hope that continues.
    THIS SAID THOUGH i would love to see the master sword actually have more of an impact than just a sword that can make killing the final boss easier! kinda odd in botw that it was the sword that people kept talking about yet you can actually go and kill calamity canon without it, y'know.

Years
  • THIS SAID THOUGH i would love to see the master sword actually have more of an impact than just a sword that can make killing the final boss easier! kinda odd in botw that it was the sword that people kept talking about yet you can actually go and kill calamity canon without it, y'know.

This is an interesting approach, I think. I feel like a more controversial but still doable route is making the Master Sword completely unavailable with the exception of fighting Ganon, similar to the Bow of Light when you fight Pig/Boar Ganon in BotW. I think it would feel more impactful that way rather than treating it as Just Another Weapon, probably.

Years
  • well, we can see that he at least starts the game off with the Master Sword:
    StvLBXa.png

Maybe he temporarily loses access to it due to narrative reasons? Or - worse - it breaks?

Years
  • How I imagine it going down is that Link would try and use it against the new villain of the story (likely not Ganon this time around, but I imagine he's going to play a role in this game regardless), and this evil villain would either steal it or smash it and Link would have to find a way to recover it either way.

Years
  • How I imagine it going down is that Link would try and use it against the new villain of the story (likely not Ganon this time around, but I imagine he's going to play a role in this game regardless), and this evil villain would either steal it or smash it and Link would have to find a way to recover it either way.

he's in the trailer
    qFFXD7F.png

(stolen from reddit)

i don't buy that it's Twilight Princess Ganondorf but yeah I think it's some form of Ganondorf. Probably one we've not seen yet.

Years
  • ... Jeez that theory actually makes sense. @__@; I was wondering what happened to the more human form of Gaondorf in BotW.

I wonder if this means we're going to fight Skeleton Ganon, or Ganon once he gets his more human body back somehow.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Really neat ideas already being presented about the skeleton/ganondorf. And I am quite interested in seeing yet another darker take on BotW and potentially having this game be a Majora's Mask to BotW ala MM was to OoT.

I better get to finding the rest of the shrines in BotW...

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Right?? I actually really put down BotW cause I got mostly bored but uh

time to get on that DLC and experience the whole game cause this is kinda motivating me to do so lmao
    I was hoping the DLC would go on sale, but it hadn't. Ah well, maybe later...? Heard good things about its additions at any rate.

Years
    • Seen today
    I gave the first a chance several times and couldn't get into it. However I do like it now, but I still put it down and haven't finished. I'm about 3 hearts away from being able to get the Master Sword. It started getting difficult to find Shrines, and I wanted to get the Master Sword before the next story part.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • The trailer had me so hyped for this game from the moment I saw it. As a sequel, I'm really hoping to see a lot of the finer details carried over, and the world developed a little more, so that both BOTW and BOTW2 can be accurately placed on the timeline but more than that, to deepen the immersion into this new Hyrule and strengthen the connection of it to the rest of the franchise. We've already seen things like the Forgotten Temple relating to SS, Lurelin Village relating to Outset Island and so on. I'd like to see more subtle links (hehe) to past games (since all previous games are in the past relative to BOTW) and lore that gives us more info as to how this version of Hyrule came to be.

As for what actually is in the trailer and theories... Well it's clear that this is a mummified Ganon, and that blue hand is what was attempting to suck the Malice out of him, as previously mentioned. However it's been speculated that Ganon will, in some form, become an ally to our heroes this time around, which would be extremely interesting and an idea that I'm a huge fan of. Not only this, but it seems Zelda is going to take a more active role in this game, which could lead to her becoming a playable character (not confirmed). Co-op is also a largely speculated idea, what with most scenes in the trailer that feature the heroes including the two of them together. Again, this is also an exciting idea and I wouldn't be adverse to seeing this come to fruition.

What I'm mostly after in this game however, is a return to the more story-based type Zelda games. We've had the open world chock-full of details and hidden secrets (god bless whoever design the Lord of the Mountain) in BOTW, and repeating that would feel stale. That's not to say I'm against a large open world with freedom of movement, but it shouldn't reuse the world we have already explored to the fullest (I mean, I'm currently sitting at close to 100 shrines, idk how many koroks and over 60% of the world map explored and that's with sparce playing). It needs to be fresh, and I don't doubt that Aonuma will deliver on that front. I've not been disappointed with a single Zelda title to date, and while some are more lack-luster than others, not every game can blow your head off like OoT, WW and BOTW. All in all I'm super pumped to see how this game develops and in the mean time I'm going to keep working towards my 100% Master Mode completion.

End note: I have a plan (I also noticed someone on reddit had the same idea) for BOTW when the sequel is released. Before starting BOTW2, there are a few things to do to really feel like a continuation of the story.
    • Visit all the villages in Hyrule to fully understand where the people are at, and what state each area is in.
    • Travel to your favourite areas, should the landscape change in anyway.
    • Collect all champions weapons and display them at your house.
    • Leave your current horse at the stable at your house.
    • Go and defeat the Calamity Ganon.
    That way, when starting BOTW2 it should feel like a direct continuation of the story from the exact moment you stopped playing the first game.

Cid

Years
  • I've never played BotW and now I feel like I have to! It's great that this was announced last month. Happy for fans of Zelda. :)

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Saw a comic about a sexy re-hydrated Ganondorf and that was all I needed to see to love the game.

Screen_Shot_2019-06-18_at_3.36.08_PM.jpg

Years
  • kinda wondered what a younger version of ganondorf would be like, or if any zelda game even explored that

that image reminds me of that lmao

Cid

Years
  • I had no idea that was dehydrated Ganon

I hope they do show a younger Ganon that gets corrupted as the game progresses

Back