• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Watch out for Ghosts...

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years

My favourite status move is Toxic so I usually slap it on someone, but I don't use other status moves that much. Sleep for catching maybe.

Toxic + Leech Seed is one of my favorite combos ever, haha. I'm pretty sure I've cheesed my way out of so many ridiculous situations by using those two moves... xD

Years

I'm surprised how this stayed dead for a couple of weeks. Though I guess I came onto PC during a time when most people are inactive or left?

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years

Who knows... anyways let's get a new topic going. FTE is fun and all but I'll leave it's discussion to its own thread and Discord. How about next year's Get Together? Any idea as to what the theme will be?

Meadow

Years

No idea what the next theme could be haha, but I personally wouldn't mind seeing the return of the 2015 Olympics theme! :D

Also @Tails, yup... that seems to be the case, unfortunately. ;~; (But on the bright side, Pok?Trivia has been far more active this year than it was in 2017, so that's something!)

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years

I got another topic if next year?s Get Together is simply too far away to even think about it. I was looking at the various regions and their respective Gym Leaders and Elite Four members(plus Champions) and it got me thinking that if you had the opportunity to create a custom League with a custom pick of Gym Leaders, Elite Four members and Champion, who would you pick and why? Here?s an example of what I mean:

Gym Leader#1 Viola. Obviously she?s a Bug Type trainer but like with Generation V, her team consists of Bugs that challenge you regardless of what starter you pick. Surskit gives Fire starters trouble, Joltik really gives those with Water starters an issue and Vivillon really hurts Grass.

Gym Leader#2 Misty. Water type Gym that is much harder than her Kanto counterpart. She sports a Psyduck, Corsola, Starmie and Gyrados. Haven?t decided if Gyrados can Mega Evolve but it definitely would in rematches.

Gym Leader#3 Korrina. Fighting type expert who will be the first Gym Leader with a Mega Evolve Pokemon(doesn?t take a genius to figure out which one). Also sports Mienfoo, Machoke and Hawlucha to round out her team.

Gym Leader#4 Gardenia. Grass type Gym and I thought about using Erika but Gardenia really gives people fits. She sports four Grass Pok?mon with Torterra as her Ace. It?s too bad it can?t Mega Evolve but I am considering a Mega Sceptile if necessary.

Gym Leader#5 Jasmine. Steel type Gym and first Gym Leader with five Pok?mon and sports a Mega Evolved Steelix. She won?t be easy folks.

Gym Leader#6 Elesa. Electric Type Gym and if you thought she was a pain in Unova, she will give you nightmares that even Whitney would be proud of. Sporting five Pok?mon, including her Zebstrika, her Ace in the hole is Mega Ampharos.

Gym Leader#7 Valerie. Fairy Type Gym on steroids. She?s much harder than in XY with a team of five and complete with a Mega Mawile as her Ace.

Gym Leader#8 Clair. Wouldn?t be a region without this Dragon Type master. She sports a full team of six with a Mega Pokemon(Mega Dragonite but we can dream no. Will settle with Mega Salamence).

Elite Four: Each member sports six Pok?mon with a Mega Pok?mon.

First up: Acerola. Although I?ve never played Sun and Moon... this gal is the only redeeming quality Sun and Moon Anime has. Her signature Pok?mon is Mega Gengar but her Mimikyu is not to be trifled with.

Second: Koga. He can be a real pain in Yellow version and it?s no different this time around. His signature Pok?mon would be a Mega Venomoth but seeing as that doesn?t exist, Mega Venusaur will have to do.

Third: Candice. She will sport a much stronger Ice team with a Mega Abomasnow

Fourth: Sabrina. I?ve always thought she was Elite Four worthy and this time she is with a Mega Alakazam rounding out her team.

Champion: Blue. Asshat would like to battle. Mega Blastoise is his Ace.

Last edited:

Meadow

Years

Hmm... that's an interesting thought! If I could make a custom League, it would probably look something like this:

Spoiler:

I don't think I have any strategic reasoning behind this, haha?I just thought it sounded balanced, is all! ^^;

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years

Not bad at all. I am somewhat ashamed I couldn?t get anyone from Hoenn on my list. Favored Kanto(three), Johto(two, three if you count Koga), Kalos(three) and Sinnoh(two). Unova and Alola round out the group with one each. I could have swapped Acerola or Koga out for say Flannery or Winona(Mega Altaria....) but alas I didn?t get around to it. If I removed Koga, and swapped Blue for Cynthia or Iris, I?d have an all female cast lol. Is it me or were the Female trainers better than their male counterparts?

Last edited:

Meadow

Years

Oh! Now that you mention it, I also realize that no one on my list was from Kanto, ahaha. I could've sworn I had a few people from Kanto in mind, but I guess I couldn't fit them in. xD

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years

Guess you're not a Kanto person :P I was this close to doing an Elite Four of nothing but Champions lol. Hence Blue starts you off, then you get Steven, Cynthia, Iris and finally Red for the finale.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years

Ah, this sounds interesting! My choices will be based on personal preference more often than not, haha. :b

Let's see now...

Spoiler:

EDIT: Pretty much all females, haha... apart from the League. ^_^; I think Code's right about the girls being overall more memorable / better trainers. xP

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years

Ah, this sounds interesting! My choices will be based on personal preference more often than not, haha. :b

Let's see now...

Spoiler:

EDIT: Pretty much all females, haha... apart from the League. ^_^; I think Code's right about the girls being overall more memorable / better trainers. xP

Not bad, but let's see if you spot one minor mistake ;) Interesting that you put a Normal trainer as an Elite Four one. Would have thought you'd pick Lenora with that Patrat/Watchog

Hyzenthlay

Years

Hmm... would that mistake be an Electric-type Gym Leader as well as an Electric-type Elite Four member?

Also ugh, do not speak to me about Lenora's Patrat. xD Anyway, Cheren has a lot of potential and it kind of goes to waste in BW2. I like fighting Normal-types a lot because they're usually bulky and don't go down in one hit. :b Otherwise I just end up sweeping everything, hahaha.

Years

re: next year GT's theme
    I have a feeling that there will be another competitive one, since they were pretty popular these last years. But if I'll be one of the GT's managers again next year, I'll try to push for older format again. Also fun fact: Tapu Theme was my idea that others expanded to the GT that we got this year.

re: Gym leaders
    I actually created my own region and league in my head that could be turned into the fan game if I wasn't such a lazy person. It has new characters, so I'm not sure if it's right place to post here, but here it is:

Spoiler:

I'm sure some of you have their own league with new characters to.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years

I am liking the custom leagues posted thus far.

Mine is:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years

Hmm... would that mistake be an Electric-type Gym Leader as well as an Electric-type Elite Four member?

Also ugh, do not speak to me about Lenora's Patrat. xD Anyway, Cheren has a lot of potential and it kind of goes to waste in BW2. I like fighting Normal-types a lot because they're usually bulky and don't go down in one hit. :b Otherwise I just end up sweeping everything, hahaha.

Ok so that's one mistake but not the easy one I was talking about XD Here's a hint: I fixed it for you with my post after yours. Zemanahrad's and Lily's custom Leagues are pretty good I must admit. A Champion with a Legendary... not unthinkable when you think about it. I was this close to putting Zinnia as an Elite Four member(possibly even as Champion) with a Mega Rayquaza(as opposed to Mega Salamence).

Hyzenthlay

Years

Ohhh, was it my number? xD You ninja'd me and I didn't even notice!

These Leagues are really good! Janp, you should totally make that fan game. :D

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years

I'm a Vulpix... not a sneaky Greninja or Ghost. Wait... hmm... nevermind... lol. Go move on FTE before Lycan pokes you again.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years

I almost gave Flannery a Salazzle instead of a Magcargo but thought Sun boosted Fire Blast off it's high Special Attack would be unfair with Delphox in the same team. Gove Salazzle a Focus Sash and Nasty Plot and...

I could put Mallow in instead of Erika with a similar team as I have no Alola representation. Change Vileplume to Tsareena (Which she has in the Anime) but the Fruit Queen does not get Chlorophyll.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years

I almost gave Flannery a Salazzle instead of a Magcargo but thought Sun boosted Fire Blast off it's high Special Attack would be unfair with Delphox in the same team. Gove Salazzle a Focus Sash and Nasty Plot and...

I could put Mallow in instead of Erika with a similar team as I have no Alola representation. Change Vileplume to Tsareena (Which she has in the Anime) but the Fruit Queen does not get Chlorophyll.

My Alolan representation was Acerola or the only character I give two cents about in the Anime. Her skills with Ghost Types remind me of Agatha but another possibility was Olivia(Rock) or Nanu(Dark). One of these days I might up and make a completely female list.

Last edited:

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years

In one of my old rom hack ideas the plan was to have the player's mom act as the champion. Best part of it is that you weren't going to be aware she was a trainer. (I admit, major reason for that was using the phrase "You are challenged by... YOUR MOM!" xD)

If I had to build a League with existing people though, here's what I would go with:
    Spoiler:

Back