• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you mean Lucario isn't a Legendary??

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • What Pokemon did you used to think were legendary back in the day, but weren't? I thought BOTH Lucario and Rotom were legendary originally, especially Lucario, since it got an entire movie dedicated to it back then.

Years
  • Zorua and Zoroark definitely felt legendaryish, much for the same reasons as Riolu and Lucario. Zorua seems pretty rare in comparison to Riolu though, which can be found in pretty much every game since its debut.

pkmin3033

Thank god Lucario wasn't a legendary...that thing has enough spotlight as it is.

I thought Arcanine was a legendary for the longest time...I mean, it was on the plaque with the legendary birds in one of the earlier Pokemon episodes, it LOOKED legendary, and it's even classified as the Legendary Pokemon! Talk about confusing for a ten year old. Rotom is one I thought was legendary too, because it was at the end of the Pokedex and there was only one in the game. Seemed to fit the bill. Kind of a shame it wasn't, because it certainly deserves that more than Phione or Heatran...

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Zorua and Zoroark definitely felt legendaryish, much for the same reasons as Riolu and Lucario. Zorua seems pretty rare in comparison to Riolu though, which can be found in pretty much every game since its debut.

zorua may as well be a mythical pokemon in the unova region considering how stupidly impossible it is to get one now in the games it debuted in

----------------

I also thought all the Ultra Beasts were considered legendary Pokemon, too, when they were first announced, but it turns out they aren't legendary. I even went as far as to say, "oh, so Ash caught a legendary, huh?" When he caught Poipole in the anime... It wasn't until that Legendary Pokemon quiz on the Pokemon website. Can you blame me, though? The Alola games treated them like they were special, so anyone would make the mistake that they are legendaries, right?

_pheebee

[I]Gosh! What's poppin'?[/i]
    Years
  • I always thought Chimecho was.
    Only because of it's internal data number, and because i never found one, and thought it was impossibly rare.

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
    Years
  • When I was really new to Pokemon, I thought Tropius was a Legendary. No idea why. o_O

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    I also thought Rotom was legendary growing up as well!

I also thought that Gyrados was legendary. It certainly is quite intimidating and due to its gargantuan size I assumed it was a god-like creature.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I thought Wobbuffet was a legendary because it appears in the Legendary Pokemon event in Smash Brothers Melee

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • Dragonite, Dragonair, Zorua and Zoroark are the only ones I can think of at the top of my mind.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen Aug 24, 2021
    Rotom. I really thought it was legendary for a long time, and the Rotom Dex and Phone really confused me until I found out it isn't.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Arcanine. Ya know, the Legendary Pokémon.
    What do you mean Lucario isn't a Legendary??

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • pretty sure rotom was considered one in gen 4 considering how you catch it, but did they change their minds?

Back