• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Intimidating pokemon

#Not Important

All hail the wishmaker
Years
  • So, for online battles, I always used a shiny rhyperior (that always took too long to hunt for and train). I was lucky enough to get a less than 2 iv one last time I tried (I've given up). But most people quit when they saw it, thinking that I would have level 100 shinies and such. I didn't.
    So, I wanted to start a thread here on intimidating pokemon.

Here are some examples:
    gyarados.png

charizard-1024x576.png

garchomp-768x552.png

necrozma-768x589.png

quagsire.jpg

Your attack has now been lowered
    Here is a search that might help

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    I've always found Mightyena to be rather intimidating. It looks as if it could tear your head off without a second thought.

tumblr_of1q5d0Iyu1s5fnj9o1_500.gif

Tyranitar is another imposing pokemon that I wouldn't want to mess with. Not only is it a notoriously powerful pokemon but it seems quite abrasive in nature as well. I mean, the pokedex even claims that it can reduce even the mightiest of mountains to rubble. Tyranitar's no joke. Also, Tyranitar's contribution in Celebi: The Voice of the Forest is notable.

tenor.gif

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2021
    I find Gyrados intimidating because I am always annoyed and have a hard time when I run into one in game. It's always a moment when I think to myself "oh man, get ready."

On the other side of the coin, I've never had a hard time facing a Haxorus, but love its design and find that aspect of it alone to be crazy intimidating.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Banette takes the cake for me. It's... a doll that was abandoned and came to life as a Pokemon to get revenge on its owner? That's pretty intimidating to me.

DragonKing48

The King Of All Dragons.
    Years
  • Tyranitar is literally a giant green punching bag. Dark and Rock is a horrible combination so I never really end up having to fight him. Gyrados shows up now and again when I don't have Ampharos lol.

Years
  • For me it'd be Hypno. That FRLG Berry Forest side mission, along with its Pokedex entry gave me chills as a kid.

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Glalie is an angry ice head that floats and is about the size of a human. If that's not creepy enough, its dex entry says that it freezes its prey and immediately after starts eating it.

I don't think there's any other Pokémon that I find intimidating because Shiftry is scary, but its dex entry doesn't say much and Greedent is just ugly.

There's also some Pokemon like Jellicent but I think it's kind of unfair talking about ghost types here because they are meant to be scary.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Mewtwo seems like it could be pretty intimidating, especially with the armor.

Back