• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Should we save our passwords?

Years
  • Every time we log into a website or service, we're often asked the question on whether or not we want to have our passwords saved so that we don't have to re-enter them. More often than not, I do see people do this on their personal devices (myself included), but what about you guys?

How about when you're using a school computer with your own login, or even a family member's device? Do you elect to store passwords in those cases as well or not?

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    On my personal computer I do it sometimes. Though there are just specific websites I rather not have them saved (e.g.: bank accounts, paypal, etc.) Dealing with school computers, most of the kids forget to logout especially since they don't shut the computers down until the end of the day. Usually I don't think it matters since most schools, or at least mine did, use "Deep Freeze" on their computers which deletes everything.

Reyzadren

Arid trainer
    Years
  • I never let websites remember my passwords at any time.

Actually, I dislike the fact that I need to uncheck the "Remember me" box on most websites because the default is to remember :/

Years
  • I use some password vault software to store my passwords.

And on some personal computers, I do save my login information for each time I visit the site, since I'm the only one with physical access to those machines most of the time.

Years
  • On my own computer I save them for unimportant websites, but never for anything that involves money like Amazon. And absolutely never for anything on another computer.

I do keep a cheat sheet with password info, though it's not the entire password, just hints that will help me remember if I forget one.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • I always save the password with the exception of websites that perform monetary transactions or other websites that warrant more security.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    If I put a harder password that makes hard to remember, I always save just in case also often I decline saving for safety reasons and I never touch everyone's device while saving password it would risky by the hands of parents or such

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • Most of the time I tend to save my passwords, but I won't do it if it's involving monetary stuffs, because it's the most touchy stuffs to deal with.

Years
  • I will confess and say that I do have some monetary-involved passwords saved into my Chrome access. However, as a precaution, I'm always monitoring my bank account just to make sure nothing fraudulent occurs.

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
    Years
  • How about when you're using a school computer with your own login, or even a family member's device? Do you elect to store passwords in those cases as well or not?
    Never because it's dumb and makes your account(s) insecure which is why some sites even warn about it and tell you to clear cookies after logging out if you're using public computer.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Never because it's dumb and makes your account(s) insecure which is why some sites even warn about it and tell you to clear cookies after logging out if you're using public computer.
    Even if you have your own private login? I still get that they're public computers but at least the common person wouldn't know how to access that information unless they knew your login credentials.

Years
  • If it's a device that I'm pretty much certain that I'm the only person that will ever be using it (under normal circumstances), then I'm setting those passwords to be remembered. Any other device, especially on a public one, forget it. No storing, probably even no staying logged in more than necessary, I will try my best to make sure I do not leave my password around at all.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I never save my passwords, which only cause me to join less websites, so I don't have to write different passwords for each and forget about one of them.

Back