• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are your friends into Pokémon?

Years
  • fun and quick thing

are your friends into pokémon? this could be irl or online. obviously don't count people you met through pokémon, because in that case the answer would be obvious!

Years
  • uhhh not counting my friends that i've met through pokemon, none LOL

really though! it's kind of a coincidence that the first best friend is one i've met through pokemon and we've stuck by it to this day, while the second best friend i've met as a result of meeting first best friend (sorta), and he's been into pokemon for as long as i've known him, too. i don't think that'll really ever change, tbh.

pkmin3033

Once I entered Secondary School Pokemon was officially unpopular - this was just after Gen II - so nobody else I knew was into Pokemon...or if they were they kept it to themselves and it wasn't safe to ask them.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • Only like two in person. Online; most of them love it.

Years
  • some of my first close irl friends were into it! haven't spoken with one of them for like 5+ years sadly, she just stopped coming online messenger (we moved apart) one day, but the other still enjoys the games and bought swsh. also had a uni friend who liked it, but again, we haven't spoken in ages either. nowadays none of my current irl friends like it, they're busy with their own lives (2/3 have a family and focus on that), while the other tends to just stick to phone games. she used to play GO though and i have her added, just dunno if she still plays.

Years
  • Most of my friends are into it on some level but since we're all old I think we all like it a bit less than we used to.

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2023
    Several in fact. None of them are as hardcore fans as I am, but I can discuss it with them regularly regardless.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Back in the day - and I'm talking like after high school graduation so we were pretty much adults - we had a proper Pokémon league where everyone had a preferred type. I remember there was Dark (my domain, this was pre-Fairy type), Ghost, Psychic, Normal, Steel, Fighting, Water, Flying, and Rock. It was great fun!

Sadly, I had to disconnect with this group completely so I don't know how they feel about Pokémon now. :c

Magitronique

I SWALLOW SLUDGE TO TRANSFORM MYSELF
    Years
  • The vast majority are into it, which has pretty much been a recurring theme for most of my life lmao. All have differing levels of interest, naturally, but it's just about universal.

Years
  • My friends that do care about Pokemon have a passing interest at best, but they still like to talk about it any time a new game pops up. They also know I'm the go-to guy for any Pokemon questions, so they're cool that I'm cool with it at least, haha

Zarude

Self-Certified Comma Abuser
    Years
  • I know a couple people who are slightly into Pokémon. One of my closer friends was really into Pokémon, but I haven't interacted with her in a while, so I don't know if that's true today.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • my partner loves pokemon, but he doesn't play as much as i do. and my friends play it too, but they're way more casual and just kind of one and done the games.

Years
    • Seen today
    I don't socialize much online aside from here on pokecommunity

I think i've only ever had one real life friend who liked pokemon, but it wasn't a prevalent factor.

I'd only consider 2 people friends irl, one I still text but we haven't seen each other in two years since he moved. I'm not sure he knows what a pokemon is. The other was a school friend who I lost contact with when covid started and my phone number changed. Pokemon was never bought up in conversation, but he might know what it is.

Last edited:
    Back