The PokéCommunity Forums Create & Discover Roleplay Theatre Roleplay Casting
Pokémon OPEN Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: An Amazing Adventure [T]

Roleplay Casting Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old January 3rd, 2017 (11:39 AM). Edited January 3rd, 2017 by Afterglow Ampharos.
Ampharos are the ultimate kid's bed. They have a built in nightlight and everything.

Nature: Careful
    I'm surprised you're telling me point number 2, Jay. I feel as if I was being attacked with that kind of attitude by the other Oddball. It was really rather rude, I found.

As for points number 1 and 3, I have interacted with several other GMs with this very character, and they are all willing to work together with me.

Though, don't get me wrong, I do think your points are good guidelines.

Also... "Sub-par character idea"? Why are you jabbing my Natu, too? What is it with that?

I really don't feel welcome at all thanks to remarks like this, which is weird because every other thread I've been in RPT has been nice to its players.
    This is just... I don't think this is ok.

Huge fan of Pokémon-only roleplay!
    Old January 3rd, 2017 (12:06 PM).

Wow I've been gone for too long.

Sorry about that! My intention was to hop into the RP much sooner than this, but then the end of my school semester kicked my butt with loads of work and then Christmas and then New Year's and...well, I'm sure a lot of you know how it goes. |D

I'm sorry about my absence. Now that my life has calmed down again (school won't start until the 23rd for me) let's see about getting my foot in the door, shall we? DIOGO, AWAY!!!
      Old January 3rd, 2017 (12:09 PM).
      Who dahell do you think you're dealin' with?

Nature: Relaxed
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by ordinaryOddball View Post
      *Snip*
      Jabbing at your Natu? Me? No no no... I didn't mean to imply anything in particular. You see that was meant in a much more general sense. Nobody is jabbing anything at all. You responded very defensively to the GM's comments... and you specifically stated that you weren't willing to change the character as requested.

I'm sure, being reasonable as you are, that you are capable of seeing my point of view here friend. The thing is, Oddball_ had every right to deny you there and then, to tell you to leave and never return ever again. But alas, he did not he told you why he didn't like it and gave you an ultimatum that you could have accepted.

Alas friend, you persisted. You persisted in force. You continued to go against the GM ruling rather vehemently. From anybody with a reasonable and understanding perspective, it makes sense the GM here would be-

He'd-

Twitch.

I guess trying to sugarcoat things for the sake of avoiding an argument really ain't my style.

Sighs.

Look.

Don't victimize yourself and try to act like the world is turning against you. I don't like to get involved with these little spats but you were in the wrong and very much trying to make it look like you were the one being wronged. In the real world, you were being ignorant, stubborn and opposing the GM at every turn because you got offended, because the character you worked hard on got denied for valid reasons.

I'm not going to continue this further because there's no point. Now stop with the nonsense typed out run on sentences and instead of trying to make it look like you're being belittled, come to the realization that you should have handled this way better than you did.

Otherwise, I genuinely wish you better luck in more RPs in the future. Try not to take this to a ridiculously personal level and learn from it instead.

Friends for Infinity
      The RPT
      Stories we Share
      |
      Pair 1
      Nagi <3
      |
      Pair 2
      Fletch
      |
      Pair 3
      Golgari

"Playing the Devil's Advocate."

art by the amazing Infinite
      Old January 3rd, 2017 (12:43 PM).
      press start to play_

Nature: Naive
      If a GM has comments about a SU, a player should do their best to not take them as insults, as a vast majority of GMs here really are trying to help their players rather than to work against them.

If a GM and player can't agree on what's suitable, it's reasonable to conclude that the character (or the player) are not a good fit for the particular RP. This isn't a strange thing, and happens every now and then. Since ordinaryOddball isn't part of the RP now, this is where this banter stops - neither ordinaryOddball nor Jay (nor the GM for that matter) need to say more on this here.

Good luck with the RP!
      Old January 3rd, 2017 (11:43 PM).
      Magical Senpai and god of the closet.

Nature: Quirky
      Moving on as of Friday by the way guys! (Just incase anybody here isn't in Discord!) Make sure to have any posts finished and posted by then.

Friends for Infinity
      Paired to GreyBidoof| Magical Senpai |

"I've learned to be wary of his suggestions... he's consumed my life."

art by the amazing Infinite
      Old January 8th, 2017 (1:52 AM).
      Dapper bowler hat

Nature: Modest
        Xiao will be taking on Squad 1. He thinks he can take on that Ariados by himself! If anyone wants to help him out, he'll probably need it.
        Old January 8th, 2017 (6:11 AM).
        cross my heart. ♫

Either Squad 1 or Squad 3. Mrrow's available to team up with! :D
          Old January 8th, 2017 (8:38 AM).
          Roleplayer

Nature: Serious
            Marlo is going to find some help so he can face squad 3 to try and find out where his backpack is from the Spinarak. He's not picky as far as who helps him.
            Old January 9th, 2017 (2:04 PM).
            A Princely Birb

Nature: Brave
              Yeah, this fight isn't good for Chrys. He's going to Squad 3 to clean up some weaker ones.
              Old August 17th, 2017 (7:57 PM).
              Gone For a While

Nature: Brave
                Bryony the Growlithe
                appearance: She looks like a normal growlithe, but she's blind, and her eyecolor is a clear blue color. She's young, but almost an adult. Hr fur is a light cream color, not as dark as most fur on other growlithes.
                history: She was adored and cherised by her family, until they realized she was blind, then she was chased off. She was born in Kalos, but when being chased off, she hid in a boat, and that is how she ended up in Alola. She didn't see it, but she later fell off a cliff. Before landing, something flew down and rescued her, but she doesn't know who or what it was. She hides from others, and when she meets them she is scared. She lives in a forest where not many pokemon live, but one day ended up in the village of Pokemon Plaza. She was not interested, especially when everyone treated her like a kid and was helping her only because she was blind, but after meeting some of the kind pokemon who live there, she likes to visit.
                Personality: Bryony is secretly very kind, but she doesn't show it. She probably would, if she trusted others not to abandon her like her family did. She doesn't like that she's blind, and doesn't want others to dislike her for it. Her temper is fiery, and when someone gets in her way she immediatley attacks them, and sometimes goes too far. She stands up for others, but not herself, too.
                Moveset: Flareblitz, bite, roar, helping hand, odorsleuth, leer.

Quick Reply