• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I Love My Favorite Pokemon Because...

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2020
    I like scorbunny because bunnies are the best animals in the world. although buneary lopunny are way to feminine for me and bunnelby would be fine if it weren't for its evolution

Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2019
    Totodile. He was my starter when I played Gold after my brother chose Cyndaquil. I wasn't too sure about Totodile but he instantly became my favorite.

Years
  • So, my first favourite was Bulbasaur. I loved (and still do love) Bulba because it's really what got me into the Pokemon franchise in the first place! I dunno, I was a huge fan of seeing Ash's Bulbasaur at the time and the adventures it had with Ash and that motivated me to get more and more into the anime and by extent, the games. This was the case for like... years.

Now as far as Shaymin goes...

Believe it or not, initially Shaymin didn't leave that much of an impression on me. I really liked it, but that's about as far as it went. And like, I think as time went by and I started to see more fanart of it, it really grew on me more and more, and especially moreso after I've seen the movie on it. :o So to this day, Shaymin is my #1 favourite because it's just that cute and adorable and I love it's sky form design!

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • Caterpie line - Mainly from Ash's Caterpie-Butterfree, it's a shame he left
    Eeveelution line (females, minus Espeon) - i just love their designs, they look like an adorable fennec/cat mix
    Gardevoir - Perfect waifu material, but seeing them as males makes me wanna sick
    Rockruff line - It's a dog, do you need more info?
    Probopass - Looks like a Moai Mario with that "moustache"
    Shieldon - Adorable dinosaurs, shame they evolve into the ugly Bastiodons
    Omanyte - I just love Ammonites
    Alakazam - Looks like a flee warlock with that moustache, quite rare in normal gaming as you need to trade Kadabras to get one
    Dusknoir - From pokepark 1, looks like an undead master

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Vulpix
    1) Based on Kitsune folklore
    2) Both it and its evolution in Ninetales are just gorgeous
    3) Alolan variant is a match made in heaven for me because I love Ice Types
    4) Ninetales in Generation 1 is hands down the best Fire Type when Speed/Special Attack is taken into consideration(even better than Arcanine unless you want more HP/Defense). Moltres is DQ from comparison because it doesn't learn Flamethrower(which Vulpix learns the earliest at level 35).
    5) Its debut episode in "Pokemon Fashion Flash" remains my #1 Pokemon Episode. Burning Misty to a crisp twice, Salon Rocket and Misty getting a makeover that she should have kept = instant classic.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Totodile - First starter ever. I thought it was really adorable and when it evolved into a Feraligatr I thought it was the coolest mon I even renamed my Totodile to 'Cooly' after evolution (idk what do you expect from an eight year old lol)
    Bellossom - Grew on me when I replayed Silver years later. I had Bellossom on my team and she was amazing and just in general Bellossom is really really cute and always cheeerful and honestly need more love in the world.
    Espeon - Was the reason why I got into drawing so my favorite Eeveelution and still among my top favorites.

I have many other favorites but these three are my top three so I'll limit it to them haha.

Years
  • Snorlax has a belly that looks comfortable enough you could probably nap on it for DAYS unbothered by the world. Imagine watching some shows with a blanket on there & tell me snorlax is not objectively the best pokemon! Used to be Charizard (if you couldn't tell by the name), but my answer changed as I grew older...and lazier.

Years
  • The early anime influenced my love for Butterfree (I still get a little misty-eyed any time I watch Bye Bye Butterfree), and I remember needing to get a Butterfree card imported from Japan to go with my Caterpie and Metapod, because the Jungle TCG set didn't come out for more than 2 years after it did in Japan. I never really used Butterfree in the earlier games, but once I figured out how to effectively use it in HeartGold, it became the ace of my team, and one of my favorite Pokemon I've ever used in any Pokemon game.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • /breathes/ I'm gonna just... Go off. Let's go. I have a top fifteen. I'm gonna just do that.

I love Treecko because it's such a cool Pokemon, aesthetic wise, and appearance wise, to start off with. I've always been a fan of the color red, but when I was a kid, back in 2008, that didn't really matter much to me! I just think Treecko is awesome, it's honestly beyond words for me to be able to describe how much this Pokemon means to me. It was my first starter Pokemon I've ever chosen in a Pokemon game, which was something that really drove the point for me into loving it. Ash's Treecko in the anime was also super cool to me, which definitely helped as well? I don't know! That's definitely the impression Treecko gave off to me, and that's always been why it's always been my most favorite. Playing as one in Mystery Dungeon was a very happy experience for me, as well. It also helps that Grovyle was also rather cool looking as well, and Sceptile being my first level 100 Pokemon in the Emerald game (on my first playthrough, anyway) to solidify my love for it, even 11 years later. I have two plushies of Treeecko on my bed, too, I'm glad I have them.

Sneasel, though, I honestly don't have as long of a story for! I just think it's pretty nice looking, and has an interesting type combination. It being the only Dark/Ice type evolutionary line is honestly really nice! I also think it's just a really daring and mischievous Pokemon, I'm really a fan of people or characters of any sort that are just a tiny bit mischievous. This is something that helped drive the point that this Pokemon was "it" when I were to say what a favorite was for me. Also, you can have it as a partner Pokemon in Shadows of Almia? I really liked that. I probably used that Pokemon a lot after it became my partner Pokemon in that spinoff game. I have a plushie of it and some random action figure I don't really remember where I obtained it from, but I'm also glad I have those.

With Litwick, I saw it, and thought it was cute, lmfao. It really isn't cute when you read the Pokedex entries, but I don't know? I still think it's cute. Also, Ghost/Fire was a great idea for a type combination using the basis of a candle, lamp, then chandelier. I don't know why people are so tough on object inspired Pokemon when this concept was literally a genius idea. I ended up using a Litwick on my Pokemon White team, too, and it was a really fun Pokemon to use and evolve. Out of love, I ended up buying a plushie of Litwick, too, on Black Friday in 2017, as well. Although, this one was before the switch over to Wicked Cool Toys, so the Litwick isn't really soft and huggable, sadly.

For Dewott, the concept of a Samurai otter was really neat. The fact it holds two scalchops to Oshawott's one scalchop was fantastic and aesthetically pleasing. I've also always been a fan of those whiskers it has and how it always looks ready to fight. This was something that was completely lost in Samurott, to be honest. Also, predictable, but I of course have a plushie of it on my bed, and an action figure from Toys R Us back in 2010. Dewott is such a dork, though, I've always loved it for that for some reason.

Vulpix, well, there's no intricate reason, really. Not to the huge extents above, anyway. Vulpix is just majestic and beautiful. I find the lore and origin behind it to be really amazing as well. It being based off a kitsune is very interesting. Also, did I mention it's adorable? It being made a starter in the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Sky game was also really nice. I also have fond memories of getting a Shiny Vulpix in Pokemon White, and that made me happy. Recently, I finally was able to get a plush keychain of it at a con last week, so I'm eternally grateful for that.

Malamar is a rather interesting one for me, as X/Y are my least favorite Pokemon games! But when I saw the Inkay line, and saw that it was a Psychic/Dark line, that pretty much instantly caught my eye. Not only that, Malamar is really unique, especially since it needs to evolve from Inkay by holding the Nintendo 3DS upside down! I'm wondering how that'll work out in Generation VIII. Its ability, Topsy Turvy is also the best ability I've seen on any Pokemon. I don't know why, but stats doing the opposite effect of what they're supposed to (like Leer raising Defense instead of lowering Defense) was really epic. I love Malamar, I'm glad this is the Psychic/Dark Pokemon we got first. And no, I don't have any merch of it, sadly.

Mime Jr. is another one I don't really have a long, or deep reason for loving, really. James's Mime Jr. was cute. It mimicking him was cute. It looks like a clown, which I also find cute, even though clowns aren't all that great to me. Also, Mime Jr. was my very first successful shiny hunt on Global Pokedex Plus, and I'm still happy about that to this day. I'm really hoping to one day get a plushie of it somehow. Or at least a figure, or something. I'm surprised I didn't ten or so years ago.

Charmeleon, well... I really like middle stage starters. I have a soft spot for pretty most almost all of them, really. Which is why I love Charmeleon. Charmeleon just has this really sleek(?) design going on about it. I've always found it cooler than Charmander. Also, that name? Charmeleon? That's a really epic name for a Kanto Pokemon. So creative! Much better than it's Japanese name, which is boring. I'm sure I also mentioned above, but I really like the color red, and it just happens to be a red Pokemon, lol. It's honestly a shame Charmeleon doesn't get that much spotlight outside of Ash's Charizard, when it was a Charmeleon, and Zippo, Richie's Charmeleon. I want to see more of Charmeleon in the anime. I have no idea why we've only gotten minor appearances for it throughout the years. I might try to get a plushie of Charmeleon if I find one, but I doubt I ever will.

Klefki is pretty much the same reason as Litwick above. When I first saw the Pokemon during the pre-release period for X/Y, I fell in love with it. For some reason, I found it really cute! It still is pretty cute to me, with the keys on its keyring, and being a Fairy/Steel type, which was a new type combination at the time. I honestly don't know why people don't like Klefki that much, there's nothing wrong with inanimate object Pokemon. I used Klefki in my X playthrough, too, and it was fun to use. I also briefly remember registering the username as an alt back when alts were allowed, lol. I never ended up using that account though, but having the Klefki username at the time was really nice. I wish there was merch of Klefki in the states, but alas, I have never seen any plushies/figures for Klefki. Oh well. That's what ebay is for.

Wartortle also doesn't particularly have an interesting story as to why I love it. It's a middle stage starter. I like turtles, and Wartortle's design is really amazing. It really has fluffly looking ears! Also, one of its pokedex entries states it can live 10,000 years, and I'm, quite literally, shellshocked by this fact. That's a really interesting thing for an otherwise "awkward middle stage Pokemon" as people seem to say about middle stage starter evolutions.

Breloom is a funny story, to be fair. All the way back in 2008, I'd use Breloom icons on literally every Pokemon forum... said I was a Breloom, and a lot of other stupid things an eleven year old would say on the internet. While that's pretty silly, yes, I guess I've always liked Breloom enough to uh, back then say I was one. I don't know. 2008 Palamon was a weird kid. I still love Breloom. It holds a near and dear spot in my heart. Grass/Fighting is a cool type combination, and honestly, because of 2008 shenanigans, I now always name any Shroomish that I evolve into Breloom "Palamon" as a reference to my silly little past with it. I ended up using a Breloom in my OmegaRuby playthrough, and I also ended up using one in my Emerald playthrough at some point, too. Yes, both of these Breloom are named Palamon. The one in OmegaRuby ended up becoming my contest ace, and has a custom ribbon animation to it, and I find that extremely heartwarming to see in battle. Breloom is honestly really special to me. The only reason it isn't up there in my top ten is honestly because I like the Pokemon above it just a little bit more than it. Also, TOMY, BANDAI, I DON'T CARE WHO MAKE A BRELOOM PLUSHIE, PLEASE.

Machop, yes, another fighting type Pokemon, is also another... funny, and awkward story. When I was eleven, I had a "crush" on it. Please don't ask. I don't know, either. These days, I find Machop to be one of the cuter Fighting type Pokemon, and in the past, while on vacation (I don't remember where) in Pokemon Platinum, I caught a Shiny Machoke with my one last Ultra Ball! Even though green shinies aren't that good looking, I'm still pretty happy about getting a shiny Machoke, so that pretty much solidifies my love for Machop. I also have pretty fond memories of playing as one in the Mystery Dungeon games from generation III. Machop made the game really easy to play. I have a tiny bootleg figure of Machop on my dresser in my bedroom that looked the least nightmare inducing from my other ones, as well.

When it comes to Ariados, I don't really have much to say. Ariados is just a really underrated Bug/Poison Pokemon. I used one during a playthrough in Leafgreen once, I really liked its movepool and design at the time. I still do. Also, I know, predictable, but it's a Red Pokemon. I don't like spiders in real life, but I have no idea what it is, I just really like Ariados. Its colors scream "poisonous" to me, and I also kind of like how it's a counterpart to the otherwise underwhelming Ledbya line. I really need to use an Ariados again in a Pokemon game, it's been too long since I have.

Absol has always pretty much been one of my favorite Pokemon. Misunderstood Pokemon really make me want to root for them. Absol being seen as a "Disaster Pokemon" and feared by the people of Hoenn for all the wrong reasons. It's always made me want to cheer this Pokemon on. I think seeing it in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Blue Rescue Team was also pretty nice. Too bad it only played a small roll in the story, though. Absol also has a really majestic shiny and Mega Form. Wings are an aesthetic of mine, so if anything has wings, I automatically like it. Despite all this, I really haven't used an Absol in many years.

Lasty, Slowpoke. Slowpoke was a favorite that only solidified a couple years ago, to be honest. At first, I wanted to keep it a secret. I was nervous about telling people Slowpoke was one of my favorite Pokemon of all time. Slowpoke is just so lazy, I feel that, and relate. I can be really lazy when I'm sitting. I also tend to space out every now and again like Slowpoke does. The fact it evolves when a Shellder bites its tail or its head, according to the Pokedex, anyway. I've used both a Slowbro and Slowking in playthroughs before, and I honestly loved using both evolutions in battle. I really wish that it really needed a Shellder to evolve, though. I saw a few plushies of it at Game Stop awhile ago, and god, do I want one. Perhaps someday, though.

...And that's it. I'm sorry for rambling. I just wanted to talk about all my faves over just one of them, since my favorite Pokemon just mean that much to me.

Last edited:
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Sylveon. It makes people happy, canonically. It's the intertwining Pokémon and I just imagine sylveon using its ribbons to pull everyone it loves into a hug. That makes me smile. :) I also love how soft and pastel its color palette is. Visually speaking, sylveon is an easy Pokémon to look at and the colors are just overall soothing and non-threatening. Also, sylveon is the mascot Fairy type Pokémon and fairies are just great!

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
    Years
  • dialga.gif

Pokemon Diamond was the first Pokemon game I owned. If my 700+ hour save that's still sitting on my old cart is indicative of anything, it's that I really loved this game.

I was astounded by the deity Pokemon, and even more by Dialga. This guy could control time; that concept blew my mind as a kid. It made me obsessed with astronomy, and for the longest while I actually wanted to be an astronomer until I realised that I would most likely spend most of my life as a poor researcher. It got to the point where in primary school, we had to make a presentation related to our future dream job. I hand-crafted (with the help of my mum of course) a diagram of the solar system across three A3 pieces of paper. I still remember my teacher telling me I got an A+ the moment he saw it; if I had known that beforehand, I might've shortened the 15-minute speech. 😛 But yeah, all the motivation I needed to do such a thing was thanks to Dialga.

My admiration only grew with Explorers of Time, with Primal Dialga being just a boss (the cool person 'boss', not literally boss boss). It was through him too that I came to love Celebi so much, who was also a fellow time-traveller/controller thingy.

I might not be as Dialga-crazy as I used to, but I still enjoy time-related stuff as well as other things related to space-time in general, all thanks to that Pokemon Diamond game I received for Christmas all those years ago.

Years
  • It's fluffy, has a cute cry, and is just adorable in general. I love you Mareep. ❤️ I also love Poipole for its playfulness, small size (cute little floating mon, awww), and how it spins when it's happy.

Spoiler:

Sorvete

Novice
    Years
  • It looks cool as heck and has three heads! Plus it's fun to use in battle, pretty diverse movepool.

hydreigon.gif

Years
  • shaymin is 100% my favorite! fell in love as soon as it came out in japan and got the pokedoll for it asap! and ofc as a kid i made my parents drag me to toys r us to get the event shaymin (which i still have, on my black cartridge) it's just so cute. i love the color palette and the flowers and just everything about it!

my other favorite would have to be banette, i think. i really love creepy stuff (as well as cute stuff) and banette is just so awesome. the lore behind it is so creepy and dark, and mega banette is just so cool! also, ghost type pokemon are just awesome.

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    1. Milotic (first place 4ever)
    I really hated the first time Milotic kicked my ass back then when I got started with the series ngl. In fact I actually forgot the pokemon existed until I grew obsessed with elegant and feminine pokemon, and after going through the hassle of finding Feebas in Emerald and going through all that pokeblock shite trouble, she really did got a place in my heart. I also love her cry.

2. Salazzle
    I loved Salandit the moment it was announced, and once I found out about it's evolution I got really hyped. She's both my favourite Fire type and Poison type and the only Fire type I like a lot. It's a shame her ability is useless as hell

3. Honchkrow
    This one actually shares the same spot with Salazzle. I got this one in my faves list after reading the godfather and realizing how awesome gangsters were. He also has a really cool hat, I want one.

4. Skitty
    She's a small, pink, cute kitty with a fluffy tail and her cry is really cute, that explains everything

5. Pheromosa
    I know the UBs aren't liked much because of how poorly they were developed, and I can't blame anyone who dislikes it, but I gotta say Pheromosa's beautiful design really got me when she was announced, including her similitudes with Lusamine who I love so much, she's amazing.

6. Empoleon
    Because it's my favourite starter of the bunch, although I actually haven't played any Sinnoh games. Empoleon's design is awesome and I love how it's inspired in Napoleon that even their height is the same lmao.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • Espeon
    my current favorite Pokemon
    aside from being from my evolution Pokemon line (I love Vee and the Eeveelution as top favorite Pokemon) and based on my favorite real-world species (cats)

from the way I seen it move in game and in the anime, really reminds me of the way some of my cats move and play
    reading how its loyal to trainer wishing to protect - just like two of my cats when I leave for work or to store or anywhere out, they are always by the door wishing good luck, on return trip, always making sure I come back safely

Flareon also tied in 1st place for me, kind of hard to pick one over the other
    so fluffy warm, bigger fluffier warmer Eevee, I can imagine in the cold winter will keep all warm and safe from harm, although I never petted a fox before, have had lots of domestic dogs before, so I can imagine how soft it will feel

Last edited:

Lemonski

Is already coming for your pizza
    Years
  • I love Garchomp since it's a dragon, a shark and a jet plane at the same time. It has a cool cry and plus points for being strong too, though even if it wasn't strong, I'd still like it since its design is so pleasant to look at.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • I remember as a kid spending some time trying to evolve Dunsparce into Gligar in Silver Version and, as if some kind of scientist, drawing diagrams comparing similarities between the two. I'm not sure when I finally realized they were unrelated.

Many years later, the Christmas before the release of HGSS, I decided to check which Pokémon was swarming on Pearl. Dunsparce! Inspired by the childhood memories of vainly trying to evolve one, I decided that I needed a Shiny Dunsparce in my life. I didn't know all the tricks I know now back then (I didn't even use Repels), but I somehow lucked out and got a Shiny patch on my first chain and made my way to it without any interruptions. The pink-bellied bee-snake shined! After catching it, I discovered that it had the perfect Nature-Ability combo (Adamant with Serene Grace).

I opted to wait until the release of HGSS before using Noko, trading out my starter for him as soon as it hit the same level and having him follow me throughout my adventure. I even taught him Headbutt via Move Tutor to maximize his Para-Flinching capabilities.

I think it was somewhere around this time that I got thinking about favorites. I hadn't really given it much thought since establishing Ho-Oh as my favorite years ago. That's when I decided that Dunsparce (or at least Shiny Dunsparce) was my new favorite. I continued bringing Noko along with me through each Generation.

l0a0y3C.jpg

Getting into mothing after finding a moth reminiscent of Shiny Dunsparce (the Rosy Maple) made me appreciate Shiny Dunsparce even more.

In recent years, I've developed a preference for full-odds Shinies. I eventually SR'd a Shiny Squirtle in the HGSS post-game, which I evolved into my favorite aesthetic Pokémon, Wartortle (another Pokémon with high nostalgic value). I found myself preferring to use Wartortle (Torrin) over Noko, leading me to believe that Wartortle was my new #1 favorite.

Almost as soon as I was convinced, I found my first full-odds Shiny Dunsparce in VC Gold. Dunsparce and Wartortle were tied. I decided to keep Torrin as my lead on Ultra Sun and Meeko as my lead on VC Gold.

For a long time I was reluctant to drop Noko, the only non-full-odds Shiny remaining on my team. However, I eventually decided to "stack" my sentimental attachment of Noko onto Meeko, cloned Meeko so I could still use him in both games, and replaced Noko (despite Meeko not having the same Para-Flinching capabilities). I still swap out my lead here and there to bond with my other teammates, but I think I can comfortably say that Shiny Dunsparce is my #1 favorite.

nLTd1xV.jpg

Last edited:
    Back