• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I Am Error

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I write debilitating anxiety a lot I guess? It's what I know lol. And I love ditzy, unobservant characters haha.

User19sq

I always take an anti-Kirito approach to my characters, so I always pick flaws out here and there. My favorite is the Troubled Past trope, because it allows me to throw in doubletake-worthy eggs like Rebecca Sugar. XD

Years
I suppose what you'd count as mine is that I tend to write a lot of characters with really distorted or disillusioned views of the world around them. That might take the form of extreme cynicism, or psychopathy or a number of other things though so it's quite broad.

Vragon

I like psychos of course and some of my favorite ones are completely insane. But I also like writing characters that doubt themselves or their usefulness. I like empathy and I feel it make its crowd cheer that much more when the character wins and looks up to the sky. Did I win? he would say, but as he is joined and hugged by his friends, the long awaited smile comes over his face like a sunrise after a winter's night.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
I wouldn't really call it a defect, but I often write about characters with autism. I guess having it myself... it sort of just comes as naturally as someone writing NT ones. I don't feel comfortable writing them with it. Not unless I'm writing supporting characters. My main characters are usually the ones that end up with having autism, along with some other 'challenge' as well.

Riley is one of my most recent characters, if you want an example~

Last edited:

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Hard headed is my go to. Either too stubborn to accept assistance, change or anything else helpful or too prideful to think more tactically and just running headlong into things.

クリスタル

The Pokemon Observer
Years
I don't have any specific one. To me any character traits can be a defect, even the generally speaking the favorable traits such as gentleness, can be situationally a defect.
IMO every characteristics and personalities are two-edged sword, the only difference is that is it the blade or the back being sharper/blunter.

Therefore, in order to write about the so-called character defect, I like to put them in situations where their personalities or characteristics traits are not needed to solve the problem, or they are just worsening the problem further. So they need to step themselves out of the comfort zone and adapt to a different way of dealing a problem.

Well I won't really called myself as any characterization-savvy, because it is not like I had wrote thousands of story nor created thousands of different original characters to gain understand of that.
It is not a specific character trait, but there is one specific character in my current fic that is just generally speaking full of defects, and he is my favourite. He suffers from emotional disorder, unable to feel happiness, but yet because he can becomes negatively emotional, he acts irrationally for quite many times, slandered by many people as being "The walking hazard", no one wants to get close to him. As this story I wrote in 1st person narrative, looking at this character from the eyes of his closest relative just makes me thinks a lot about the negative characteristics traits where the public all deemed to be "defects".

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
Years
i really like writing about people with any sort of mental illness, though i don't see that as a defect.

shameless self promo: Raina is one of my characters who suffers with mental illness.

Back