• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Poll] Version exclusive battle: Sableye vs. Mawile

Sableye or Mawile?

• Sableye

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Mawile

Votes: 10 55.6%

• Total voters
Years
  • b72ca2d1ce09d27198cd4803630307f7701e6ec2_128.gif
    2260f1e7995e38fd41af19d0ee33b47474b53d6d_128.gif

These two were introduced in Ruby and Sapphire, with Mawile being exclusive to Ruby and Sableye to Sapphire.

Which of the two do you like more? Used any on your team? :3

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Mawile is cute and I really like its Mega form. I used one on one of my X playthroughs. Unfortunately, its Mega stone was postgame content <_<

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I like both, as they both have something interesting to offer (or at least their Megas did) and have really good typings.

If Megas are an option, I'd go with Mawile because it can hit like a truck and is super easy to train, while Sableye is mostly about stalling and annoying with RNG, which may be useful in some competitive play-styles, but for the main games Pokémon that hit hard and can defeat opponents quickly has allways been more useful (thanks to stupid full restores).

I had a Mawile on my OR playthrough, Sableye not yet, but it's a Pokémon I'd definitely like to give a chance some day.

Years
  • Sableye is one of my gen 3 favourites and has been in my team many times. Good design and it's actually useful

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Mawile. Pulled its weight in Battle Maison Doubles with Intimidate, its Mega form, and good typing.

Never cared for Sableye. Trivialized the Korrina battle in an X Dark monotype. Benched it after that.

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • Never really cared much for either of them, but I do prefer slightly prefer Mawile. Has better moves and stats than Sableye and imo a better Mega Evolution.

Years
  • I like Sableye more, since Mawile was just bad Steel-type Pokémon with cool design when it was released. Sableye on the other hand has cool design and typing.

I've used Sableye few times. I remember using it in Emerald and then in ghost monotype in Sun. It was sa little weaker there, in comparation with other Ghost-types, but I've used one of the best Ghost-types in that run.

I only used Mawile once, since I usually picked the version, where it wasn't available. As far as I can remember, it wasn't bad, but wasn't also that great.

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
  • I like both since they have creative concepts and designs but I will definitely say that I prefer Sableye much more. Its smile is way too cute!

Years
  • These two are some of my favourite version exclusives and I love them both, but I'll go with Mawile! It's such a cool Pokémon, at the same time cute, monstrous and awesome. I have used Sableye in my Emerald team and he was super fun to play with.

Back