• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [Hack of the Month 2008] [BETA 2 OUT!] POKéMON MARBLE - The long life - 4/1/08

GodSaurus

Rock hard all night, baby
Years
  • Hey, Baro, about the gym thing: do you think there could be a way to name your badge as whatever you want? That would be cool.
    About modifing your gym's look, well, I don't remember if you are able to decorate your room in FireRed, but if you are, you could use the map of the main character's room for the gym, and that way you would be able to put plants, statues or whatever in your gym.
    But if you can't do that, I think you could use a script with the setmaptile comand.

Teh Baro

In my times...!
    Years
  • It wont be easy to make spider web an HM... you'd have to make a lot of scripts... appearing bridge, making them passable, making them disappear... etc, etc, etc... but it would be a good idea... just... which HM would go out? and... are there going to be 9 gyms as in Quartz? or more xD?
    You will only be able to use spider web at certain places. and yes, that's a lot of script. And long scripts, consideering the bridges will appear tile by tile (so it has a better look). The setmaptile command (which I'll use) also sets if it's passable or not. They'll dissapear after leaving the map, though, so that's no problem.

Rock smash will go out.

There will be 8 gyms in Garna (apart from your own gym) but then there will be another league in the other regions, meroe, gasu and kiel, with another league and such. It may have about 4 gyms.

Hey, Baro, about the gym thing: do you think there could be a way to name your badge as whatever you want? That would be cool.
    About modifing your gym's look, well, I don't remember if you are able to decorate your room in FireRed, but if you are, you could use the map of the main character's room for the gym, and that way you would be able to put plants, statues or whatever in your gym.
    But if you can't do that, I think you could use a script with the setmaptile comand.
    Not possible as far as I know. I'll make it with setmaptiles.

Anyway there's still a lot of time until I do that.

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2014
    Wait will J.Akria from Pokemmon Quartz?

Can you make the rival appear in a double battle with a girl who is an ex-Ambar member?

You know when I played your Pokemon Marble I used Advanced Map to get all the way to the End of game! I put 2 rivals in the game. The second rival stole the last remaing pokemon from Baro's lab

Last edited:

Teh Baro

In my times...!
    Years
  • Wait will J.Akria from Pokemmon Quartz?

Can you make the rival appear in a double battle with a girl who is an ex-Ambar member?

You know when I played your Pokemon Marble I used Advanced Map to get all the way to the End of game! I put 2 rivals in the game. The second rival stole the last remaing pokemon from Baro's lab
    Oh well wow heh hell no.

About J.Akira...
    Once I edit the portable dvd (formerly known as the tv) he'll be the one teaching stuff.
    Also,
    Spoiler:

______
    Currently:
    doing more pokes. Only 16 and a half more for 151!

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2011
    This hack rules. Maybe you could edit some of the moves. You could change growl into a move that could be like 120 power. Keep up the good work.

Teh Baro

In my times...!
    Years
  • That would be just plain stupid, and also I don't know of a program that can edit the attacks in FR yet (A-tack only works in ruby. Ouch), and I won't do that manually.

The only attack that I "edited" was sketch. Actually I just changed it to "quick learn", which is the same but with a different name. Ninjice (the pokemon that depicts those statues in every town) learns quick learn every time it levels up if it doesn't know it yet.

muh316

pokemon trainer
    Years
    • Age 30
    • NY
    • Seen Dec 8, 2012
    no offense i expected more of this game i did not enjoy alot of it (sorry) not trying to be mean

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
    Years
  • What did you exactly expect, may I ask?

He posted the same crap yesterday and got his post deleted (a long with a lot of other posts with totally nonsense like this, including one in prism with the likes of "OMG DURRRRRRRRRRR U GOT NO GEWD GRAPHIX!!!!!111"

Last edited:

lanroxas

Hack Rom Fanatic!!! :3
    Years
  • I think I found a way of naming the badge...
    Baro: When prof Baro talks to the trainer, he could open a writable case(as when you catch a pokemon and want to nickname it) and name the badge, then the badge is saved in the Bag, with the name you gave it. It'll require a lot of script... but I know you can do it Baro, you're the best!

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • Hey, what's the deal of naming the badge? As far as I know, the only moments the badges' names are mentioned are when the Gym Leader gives it to you, and then on some scripts like this guy who tells you about the badges' effects and at the final route where those police-guys check your badges. So, I don't see what's the big deal about renaming them with any hex editor (all we see on the trainer card are just pictures, so... I don't really know where are you going on this topic. Can you guys explain it to me?)

Keep your work, Baro, don't pay that much attention to certain people. As I said a while back on other thread, it'll be impossible that you please the whole world. Just keep doing stuff the way you like it, that's more important "this is just a hobby, not a job"

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
  • You're right, Zel. The only reason, well, for me that I put up a thread is so I can get support, not trying to please the entire world. The only thing I try to do is please most of the world, right? The rest can just... well, not visit my thread. But seeing as this thread has 11 pages, I think most of the world is pleased. :D

Keep up the good work, Baro.

Teh Baro

In my times...!
    Years
  • Nah, Baro (the character in the game, I mean) will design and name your badge, based on something from the story.
    Spoiler:

muh316

pokemon trainer
    Years
    • Age 30
    • NY
    • Seen Dec 8, 2012
    i expected a new storyline urs is like firred still.
    the pokemon coalchu dont look so cool.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • Ah, the storyline... Hmmm... Well, considering that Nintendo always do the same (repeating the same storyline about a kid who becomes a trainer, gets badges and defeats the evil team, while finding legendary Pokemon on the road), I don't see what would be the need of changing it on this particular hack, the way Baro will implement his own deviations on the "classic Nintendo plot" is what we are eager to see.

But, anyway, Baro will tell you what he's expecting of his game. I just told you what I was expecting :)

Renyui!

ascender
    Years
  • this hack rocks!
    i cant wait to see hm's like sipder web or explosion.
    and the fakemon....alright, but who cares, youve put a whole lot more work into the hack than just the fakemon!
    i didnt even know you could do that spider web and explosion stuff!

Apple Inc.

This Changes Everything. Again
    Years
  • What can I say? This hack is pretty good through how the gyms are very unique and how you have a train and a Skateboard. The only thing I don't like is how it is basicly the same as firered, Attempt to leave town, professor gets you, 1st main town gives package for professor, forest after 1st main town, cave after 2nd town, etc. It is still a pretty awesome game

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    I know Teh Baro has some other sneaky things under his sleeves!
    We can't expect what'll he add next. :D

And yeah, the Beta was pretty amazing, though I am quite disturbed by some floating back pics of some PKMNs (e.g. the PKMN that was originally was a Pidgey)... But oh well... It still is an awesome hack.

Always keep it up, Teh Baro and aim high~

Back