• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [Hack of the Month 2008] [BETA 2 OUT!] POKéMON MARBLE - The long life - 4/1/08

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
  • Ahaha! What a smart change, changing the arrows tiles with steam, so that it'd look as if you were pushed by the steam lol
    (I guess that's how you did it, did I guess right?)

Yes, it'll be funny, and too bad we can't make the trainers battle us while we're spinning (yes, I tried this also and got the same result -_-), I don't know, would it break the puzzle to put something to interrupt the spinning? (that way you couldn't avoid the battle, though you'd stop spinning after the battle)

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
  • With the steam, it's either a script that'll make you move as soon as you touch it or edited tiles of the arrows, just like the ones in the 8th gym of Kanto.

I think that'll l make a serious change throughout the game!
    Now I'll play the game. Which I haven't done in the past.

Teh Baro

In my times...!
    Years
  • Ahaha! What a smart change, changing the arrows tiles with steam, so that it'd look as if you were pushed by the steam lol
    (I guess that's how you did it, did I guess right?)

Yes, it'll be funny, and too bad we can't make the trainers battle us while we're spinning (yes, I tried this also and got the same result -_-), I don't know, would it break the puzzle to put something to interrupt the spinning? (that way you couldn't avoid the battle, though you'd stop spinning after the battle)

Well actually, more than editing the arrow tile, I made new tiles and assigned the spinning behaviour to them. The original tileset was celadon gym's.

Yeah, when you're spinning and a trainer sees you, you stop spinning (but while the trainer talks to you you keep walking ¿?)

________-

well guys I don't think I'll make much tomorrow, but next week I have a bridge (i.e.:When two non-working days are close, you don't work on the day between them. This is: thursday and saturday are holiday, therefore friday is too) so next week I'll do a lot of work on the hack. ¡Viva la constitución!

GodSaurus

Rock hard all night, baby
    Years
  • You are doing great. In my opinion, this is one of the most ground-breaking
    pokemon advance hacks yet.

One suggestion:
    You should assign the ying-yang icon to the phsycic type, and give the dark type a satanic allegory (red pentagram? red demon? red trident?)

lanroxas

Hack Rom Fanatic!!! :3
    Years
  • He used the Yin-Yang symbol, based on Quartz 8th Gym. Also, where is light, there is dark, in same quantities so... Yin Yang Symbol is good as it is...
    I dont remember the psychic symbol but a purple whirl would be fine xD

Teh Baro

In my times...!
    Years
  • am.png

Look, I just edited something in Blossom town.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Oh man, I'm inspired as hell when I'm having a shower

Last edited:

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • Well Baro, it's not like the originalest idea ever (that just because I know that its something many Online Pokemon games want to do... ;P), but, well, it'll be interesting to see it working on a rom hack... Good luck implementing it!

Spoiler:

Teh Baro

In my times...!
    Years
  • Spoiler:
    That's right, but this won't be the case. You'll have to defend your gym from weak trainers, so you'll have to win. If you lose, the trainer won't be there anymore (i.e.: the flags will be set before the battle) and you'll restart at tangerine city (because I ****ed up with the respawns). If I remember correctly, a type of trainerbattle accepts a message if you lose (the rival does this), so the challenger will say something like "Hurray, that's it! I got the XXX badge!" before you white out.

The level of the trainers will be approximately the same as the POKéMON league, but the chances of having a phone call with a gym battle when you enter a city will be very low (probably 1%) so it won't be a fast source of exp.

Last edited:

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Wow seems like an excellent idea to me.....
    But one of the wierdest ideas ever and the most new type of idea.
    Sounds really good. *I would'nt mind being a gym leader XD*

~Celebi

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • Great idea. I always wanted to know how being a leader is like.^^
    But I suppose that there will be a limited amount of different trainers, won't it?

Teh Baro

In my times...!
    Years
  • Great idea. I always wanted to know how being a leader is like.^^
    But I suppose that there will be a limited amount of different trainers, won't it?
    Yeah, about 10 trainers or so. But they'll reappear randomly.

lanroxas

Hack Rom Fanatic!!! :3
    Years
  • -.-' baro... you posted all the map names... -.-'
    its a great idea!! I always wanted to be a gym leader, since 1995 I wanted to be a gym leader... my thoughts were: Champions SUCK, GYM LEADER IS WHATS GOING ON! xD
    Its a great idea!
    (cant wait to see what are Blue Lands and Wistwoods)

Years
  • When you beat the pokemon league, a gym will appear. Baro will show you the gym and tell you that the leader is... you! You'll have random trainers challenging you. There will be a map script in every city (only in garna) where you have a chance of receiving a phone call that says that you have a challenger, and then when you go to the gym a random trainer waits for you.
    Wow, that's awesome =D

Will we also be able to, well, change the Gym to how we like it? Like, you get to choose from a few options, and a Gym is generated from that.

How about Gym Trainers, are they going to be in? You could, let's say, recruit trainers when you've helped them with something, or maybe just any trainer xP

Good job with the hack ^^
    I also played Pokémon Quartz, it was awesome, but this hack's even better =D
    I LOVE the Molehills and Egg Train ^^
    Btw, is it just me, or are the cities bigger than before?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    A very unique idea. Players get the chance to be a Gym Leader. How cool is that!?!

Btw Prof.., it would be difficult to do that, but if it'll be in the game, then it would be awesome! Can't wait and enjoy hacking! Wishing for the best, Teh Baro!

~*Pikafan*~

Man I gotta stop leaving!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 23, 2011
    Where will the GYM appear? Would it be in the first town where you can't go in that GYM?

Antwhan

setting up for the big beta
    Years
  • teh baro, awesome concept, can't wait to see it implemented and work out perfectly :)

props to the awesome hack standards, you've upheld for so long, and keep it it

Teh Baro

In my times...!
    Years
  • -.-' baro... you posted all the map names... -.-'
    its a great idea!! I always wanted to be a gym leader, since 1995 I wanted to be a gym leader... my thoughts were: Champions SUCK, GYM LEADER IS WHATS GOING ON! xD
    Its a great idea!
    (cant wait to see what are Blue Lands and Wistwoods)
    Wistwoods is the route around wist castle (in the videos) and blue lands is just the route labeled as "under construction" in the beta.
    Apart from that, as you see, most of the rest of the names haven't changed yet.

Wow, that's awesome =D

Will we also be able to, well, change the Gym to how we like it? Like, you get to choose from a few options, and a Gym is generated from that.
    Mmmm haven't though about it, but that's a great idea. Thanks. I'll try to do that, or somethign along those lines.

How about Gym Trainers, are they going to be in? You could, let's say, recruit trainers when you've helped them with something, or maybe just any trainer xP
    Nah, just a pair of random followers. They'll be the ones that will call you when you have a challenger.

Good job with the hack ^^
    I also played Pokémon Quartz, it was awesome, but this hack's even better =D
    I LOVE the Molehills and Egg Train ^^
    Btw, is it just me, or are the cities bigger than before?
    Yes, they are a lot bigger. And one of the cities (rainbowpolis, the capital city) will be a metropolis. Really big with a lot of streets and such. If it results too big, maybe I put taxis or buses or something. If I do that, maybe I put a street/place you can only reach in taxi.
    I do this because it's lame to see in the original sames things like "fuchsia city" and then there's only a couple of houses, a center and a gym.

Where will the GYM appear? Would it be in the first town where you can't go in that GYM?
    No, blossom town, your home town. Look at the pic.

Back