• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

7th Gen Roto Lotto

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • In Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon, Rotom will randomly do a lottery. The way to initiate the lottery is to answer one of Rotom's questions. His eyes will light up yellow, and it will start spinning. You can do Rotom Lottery many times a day, and get a 11 different types of Rotom powers.

Did you do the Rotom Lottery? Which power was your favorite?

Years
  • I've used hatching power a lot in my Shiny Badge Quest, but otherwise I didn't pay attention to them. But I get annoyed by Rotom Dex looking sad, so I always click on it. So I have tons of these powers that I'll never use.

Years
  • Honestly it was a little annoying to have rotom constantly ask you and all that but the prizes were really helpful sometimes, I used roto hatches when i was breeding and roto catches when i needed to catch something, but i think the most useful were the exp ones, it made training much faster

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Never really liked how it was up to RNG what you'd get, and so limit your supply. The effects are certainly useful, but it felt like a step down from O-Powers in Gen 6, where you got many of the same effects, but without RNG being a factor, just recharge time.

Years
  • agreed with what Nah said. the RNG part was certainly a step down from Gen 6, but this wasn't even something that i was particularly concerned about. personally, my issue was that i had to interact constantly with Rotom (therefore having it bug me more) in order to increase the chances of a Roto Lotto occuring. @__@ honestly at some point i lost interest because i never really needed the Roto Loto much anyway because i kinda wanted to be left alone from Rotom (sorry Rotom but... yeah).

Back