• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fave Hidden Ability?

Years
  • dunno how to word this correctly for a short and sweet title, but which Pokemon/Hidden Ability combo is your favorite? the pairing that you think was genius and made the most sense? don't worry you can answer more than one if it's hard to choose.

mine would have to be Heracross/Salamence with Moxie. that's just asking the mon to be Banded and kept in all throughout. Crobat with Inflitrator's also pretty cool, but maybe that's just coming from my bias. how about you guys?

Squirtlenator

[color=#cecfc4]Hasta La Vista, Baby[/color]
    Years
  • That's a good choice. Throw in Gyarados too with moxie. For me, I like the weather + ability combos.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    I like things you can mess with or manipulate to your advantage, so I say poison touch, but only because multi-hit moves are a thing, but I also obviously just love multi-hit.

On a somewhat related note, did you know there are literally 0, fighting type moves that can hit multiple pokemon at once?

Years
  • I like things you can mess with or manipulate to your advantage, so I say poison touch, but only because multi-hit moves are a thing, but I also obviously just love multi-hit.

On a somewhat related note, did you know there are literally 0, fighting type moves that can hit multiple pokemon at once?

Yeah poison touch is another nice one, and I love effect spore for similar reasons 👍

Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2023
    Speed Boost Blaziken. Swampert might be my all time favorite Pokémon but I also love Speed Boost Blaziken. It is just so fun to set up with Bulk Up and get +1 in Attack, Defense and Speed. My moveset for him was obviously Bulk Up, Brick Break, Fire Punch ( Yes, I don't use Blaze Kick I don't really like the 90% accuracy ) and Thunder Punch for coverage against Flying and Water types. I also love Contrary on the fully evolved Unova starter but never used it.

Squirtlenator

[color=#cecfc4]Hasta La Vista, Baby[/color]
    Years
  • ( Yes, I don't use Blaze Kick I don't really like the 90% accuracy )

That's why I like to run hone claws in later gens. Attack +1, accuracy +1, and speed +1. Raising the accuracy stage by one has a multiplier of 1.33, so 90 x 1.33 = 119.7 or will always hit unless opponent uses protect/detect. Alternatively, you could also give Blaziken the wide lens item to hold, upping the accuracy of moves by 10%. So that 90 becomes 99%.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Snow Warning Alolan Ninetales
    Thick Fat Mamoswine
    Magic Bounce Xatu/Espeon/Hatterene
    Skill Link Cinccino
    Technician Breloom
    Huge Power Diggersby

Mostly I love abilities that allow Pokémon to get a power/reliability boost on certain moves that you would otherwise probably skip.

Years
    • Seen today
    Feraligatr, Nidoking, Nidoqueen, and Tauros with Sheer Force
    Tangrowth, Slowbro, Slowking, and Toxapex with Regenerator
    Excadrill with Mold Breaker
    Serperior with Contrary
    Garchomp with Rough Skin
    Salamence, Heracross, Honchkrow, and Gyarados with Moxie
    Espeon, Xatu, and Hatterene with Magic Bounce
    Raichu with Lightningrod
    Chandelure and Crobat with Infiltrator
    Dragonite with Multiscale