• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports The Football Discussion Thread!

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
Almost time for Sunderland vs West Ham. Obvious who I'll be supporting in this one, think Sunderland will get the win though.

If Norwich are still a Premier League side in 2 or 3 years it is pretty likely there will be a stadium expansion at Carrow Road. The UEA were asked to do a study which revealed that it would be able to be taken to more than 35k. Apparently it would cost 30 million pounds to add 7.5k new seats though which is why it hasn't already been done. If/When it happens I sure hope they get rid of the hotel in the corner, it's awful.

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
Years
Well done to Banz for his OUTPREDICTING ME. It was a close one but alas a winner is you.

Sucks that I didn't hit any on the head. ;_;

Ah well! I don't see us expanding Anfield any time soon unfortunately. :( The Etihad is already HUGE as well. I'm jelly of the fact that City's ticket prices are prolly gonna be incredibly inexpensive for the quality of PL football that'll be played there. The season ticket queue for Anfield is ridiculous... and the prices of those tickets... :(

Years
Anfield is a good stadium, I reckon they'll host a Europa League final or something in the future. I've heard there are plans for expansion but the homeowners in the place don't want to move out. Probably Everton fans

Also check this out:

BkESnFFCQAA8NCb.jpg

Years
@Banz - You aren't still backing Sunderland now, are you?

I really want them to survive. Things haven't looked good since that draw against Crystal Palace. On paper 4 wins and a draw should still be enough. But where are they going to get those 4 wins from?

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
I think they have 6 wins all season, would need the mother of all changes of form to get 4 wins from their remaining games. Can't see any of the bottom 3 sides getting more than 35 points tbh which would mean virtual safety would come with 3 home points against West Brom on the weekend. Sure would be nice not absolutely needing a win going into the Fulham game.

Years
Poor performance from Bayern today. Did mostly **** all with our possession and unable to breach United's back four for almost entirety of the game (3 shots on target from 16!). Schweinsteiger and Martinez being suspended is a big blow for us.

That being said, credit to United for actually being motivated for a change. If they continue this performance at Allianz Arena, we could see a shock...

Also heard Barca vs Atletico was a cracking game. Might see it later if I have time.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
So Thiago and Dante come into the side for the second leg? I'm sure they'll be ok.

Bayern are really boring. Would rather have a season ticket at Chelsea.

Years
So Thiago and Dante come into the side for the second leg? I'm sure they'll be ok.

Bayern are really boring. Would rather have a season ticket at Chelsea.

Injured. We'll miss him in the semifinals as well if we go through.

Dante will probably replace Javi Martinez at CB. Kroos will probably have to drop deeper to replace Schweinsteiger and Gotze will probably play in place of him.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
Also heard Barca vs Atletico was a cracking game. Might see it later if I have time.

The first part was absolutely boring, the second one was a replay of Barça-Chelsea, with Barça hitting a wall repeatedly while we tried to sneak a counter somehow- which was hard since Diego Costa got injured and will miss the second leg :( At least Diego nosurname managed to somehow score a missile out of nowhere so we have the upper hand coming into the Calderón and we'll get to field our second choice striker Raúl García, who was off on yellows for today's match.

Oh and Piqué got a fractured pelvis so he'll be away for a month as well. Looking tough for Barça even if they get past this round.

Years
I totally agree on the comment about Bayern being boring, I already dislike Barca for it and now another team has been infected with Guardiola's style.

I'm always happy to see teams hoard possession and lose so hopefully United will go on to win the tie. I'll be rooting for Atletico too, especially since the possibility of a Madrid derby in the CL would be very exciting.

Years
I'll gladly take the winner in the Chelsea-PSG tie thank you very much.

I don't want to be on tranquillizers for three weeks.

Well I suppose it would be even better as a final. :P

Barca transfer sanction. lol

West Brom players punching each other. lol

I'm so hoping this doesn't get overturned, between this and the Neymar fiasco, it's clear that Barcelona have been doing some shady business recently. Unfortunately they'll probably get away with it. 38 games of Pinto next season is something of my dreams though.

Years
I wish there were more people posting in this thread, it's always the same 5 or 6 of us.

That being said, 1-1 is a slight advantage for us. However we can't afford to play the same way we did yesterday in the second leg or it'll get ugly for us. Our record against English sides at home is not pretty, either.

Back to the ongoing games (HT Scores)

Real Madrid 2 Dortmund 0 - Expectedly one sided, nothing to see here.
PSG 1 Chelsea 1 - Fairly even, though result slightly favors Chelsea at the moment and they've been playing alright.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen>
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen>

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
Madrid 3 - 0 Borussia: Madrid have this in the bag. Hopefully Ronaldo's injury will be more than a scare but chances are it won't affect the tie anyway. Maybe the semis.
P$G 3 - 1 Che£sea: Looking good for PSG. Chelsea can possibly come back at home but the French billionaires look stronger than Gala did in the previous round.
United 1 - 1 Bayern: MU will get steamrolled at Munich. Either way they need to score or they are out.
Barça 1 - 1 Atleti: Barça are quite capable of scoring at the Calderón and Atleti are less scary with Diego Costa out for an odd week. The thing is, Atleti only need to park a bus and they are in. Will we manage to?

Back