• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports The Football Discussion Thread!

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2015
    Moyes basically hasn't shown any sign of knowing what he's doing, relying on the individual talent of RVP and Rooney to save his skin in the process. Would I trust this man with a supposed 200m transfer window warchest? No. Even his one summer transfer window signing Fellaini, one he's very familiar with, seems to be having an identity crisis and for chist's sake we all know he's not a bad player, while Moyes keeps on insisting to play Mata out of position.

This is getting beyond ridiculous. I would even consider getting in someone like Louis Van Gaal, despite the horrid personality. Though perhaps personality is what we need. Ideally I'd like a Louis Van Gaal manager + Frank De Boer assistant combo, with De Boer to take over after Van Gaal's inevitable departure after a max of 3 years. Though maybe we should just give De Boer a chance from the beginning since Van Gaal is world cup bound.

Seriously beginning to think the sack is for the best. I'm all for consistency in the managerial spot, but this is just getting pathetic.

Ferguson's also hugely to blame to leave behind an aging team without any top class midfielders. People could argue he left behind a PL champions squad, but it seems to be one year too many for it.

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
  • For like the 25th minute until the end of the first half, United were well in control of the match but failed to capitalise on it. I wouldn't entirely put that down to poor tactics though; I'd actually call United unfortunate for that stage of that game. Still, whether it's 3-0 or 3-1, a loss is a loss. Though, I wouldn't judge Moyes harshly for this one. Losing to Olympiakos in the first place, losing at home to Liverpool, losing at Stoke, going out of a cup to Sunderland, going out of a cup to Swansea, losing at home to a not exactly great Tottenham side, losing at home to Newcastle, losing at home to Everton, those are the damning results I'd say. If Moyes wins all his remaining matches except for Bayern, (a draw away to Everton would be a fair result though I guess) I think he deserves the change to rebuild. I would be pretty concerned if he made much more of a mess of what remains...

Years
  • As much as Moyes is so out of depth at this level, I can't help but feel he still has the safest managing job out there. He has the unanimous backing of the board members just hoping that he gets better another season. Every person related to United seem to back him as well for no particular reason other than for the sake of giving him time to get him "used to it."

It's cherry on top of the sundae for non-United PL club supporters. They've all wanted to see United's demise and Moyes is handing it on a platter. I'd be livid if Bayern went through the same kind of ****fest.

Last edited:

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • English corner:

Spanish corner: Víctor Valdés got seriously injured when saving a free kick and it's very likely that today's was the last match he'll ever play for Barcelona. Suddenly our chances of winning in the Camp Nou next week have increased by 5%.

Ivysaur

Years
  • 1nzbsp.png

It keeps getting better and better. Madrid now are virtually 4 points away from the lead because they lost the head-to-head with both Barça and us. Just wonderful.

Years
  • Diego Simeone is doing a wonderful job at Atletico Madrid. Ever since he started managing, he brought out the full potential out of all his players and made some really good moves in the market such as bringing in David Villa, not to mention challenging for the title with rivals that have far more money.

Germaniac

Victoria Concordia Crescit
    Years
  • I just noticed that Salzburg are already out of the Europa League, I look through the report of their matches against Basel, Salzburg dominated both games, the only reason they lost was Yann Sommer (Basel's keeper), really feel bad for them, they were on a very good run :( (on a friendly in winter, they beat Bayern 3-0 with Neuer, Boateng, Dante, Martinez, Alaba, Höjberg, Thiago, Müller, Kroos, Shaqiri, and Götze starting with Mandzukic and Rafinha coming in later for Götze and Martinez respectively)

Years
  • The biggest moment of the title race might have already passed. Man City managed to win at Hull despite playing with 10 men for 80+ minutes. I don't think they'll drop points against either Arsenal or Everton. Even if Liverpool beat them, they'll still finish 1st.

Years

• While that was indeed hilarious, the related article about a woman with the twitter name 'moyesy' receiving abuse was even funnier.

1nzbsp.png

It keeps getting better and better. Madrid now are virtually 4 points away from the lead because they lost the head-to-head with both Barça and us. Just wonderful.

Amazing, they've went from being in a position to be potentially seven points up on Barca to now being behind both of their title rivals. Please just win it one of you Madrid teams. :'(

Ivysaur

Years
  • To tell the truth, Real Madrid haven't played anything remarkable in the last months, unlike Aleti or Barça who have an idea of what to do. It's just that they have been doing well with smaller teams and amassed a lot of points with them- but they have done very poorly with the top ones, which doesn't really speak very well about them and is actually a liability at the end, as they need to score more points that any of us to win the league.

At this point, I obviously want to win the title and break their monopoly- but I'll be happy enough just finishing ahead of them. I'm just so tired of hearing "but anyway, Atlético will start hemorrhaging points by October/November/December/January/February/March/April and won't be a rival in the end, so let's just talk about Madrilona's chances". So. Freaking. Tired.

Years
  • As much as Bale is a good player, reported 80 to 85 million pounds was way overpriced. He's been good and scoring left and right along with the team when Real Madrid have been good against teams below their level but largely anonymous when the going gets tough.

At this point, I obviously want to win the title and break their monopoly- but I'll be happy enough just finishing ahead of them. I'm just so tired of hearing "but anyway, Atlético will start hemorrhaging points by October/November/December/January/February/March/April and won't be a rival in the end, so let's just talk about Madrilona's chances". So. Freaking. Tired.

To be fair Atletico have not been in a title race experience so the onus was on them early on the season. But if Atletico pulls it off, it'll be one hell of an achievement (and that's probably an understatement). Even now it's a remarkable progress.

Last edited:

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
  • PL PREDICTION TIME - 3 points for a spot on scoreline, 1 for a correct result~

Man Utd 2-1 Aston Villa
    Crystal Palace 0-2 Chelsea
    Southampton 2-1 Newcastle
    Stoke City 2-0 Hull City
    Swansea 1-1 Norwich
    West Brom 2-1 Cardiff City
    Arsenal 1-4 Man City
    Fulham 0-3 Everton
    Liverpool 3-2 Tottenham
    Sunderland 1-1 West Ham

Years
  • Man Utd 1 - 1 Aston Villa
    Crystal Palace 1 - 2 Chelsea
    Southampton 3 - 0 Newcastle
    Stoke City 1 - 0 Hull City
    Swansea 2 - 0 Norwich
    West Brom 2- 1 Cardiff City
    Arsenal 0 - 5 Man City
    Fulham 1 - 2 Everton
    Liverpool 3 - 0 Tottenham
    Sunderland 2 - 0 West Ham

Germaniac

Victoria Concordia Crescit
    Years
  • A story I found while surfing, it's not mine, read it for some laugh :D
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • It's getting worse and worse for Sunderland. All 3 teams above them look like getting 3 points today (although Palace may still drop points). 7 points away from safety with 2 games in hand.

Back