• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

oh ew, it has Timid

Years
Even in casual gaming, if the nature is bad, I internally squirm but let it go. BUT If the nature is REALLY bad, I gotta catch another lovely one :'(

That's me as well. In Moon I caught two Pichu because I wanted a special attacker set for my Alolan Raichu and the first Pichu was Adamant, a nature unsuitable for that. My second Pichu turned out with a Hardy nature, but I accepted that and just moved on.

And now ever since getting the IV checker, I'm happy I didn't use the Adamant one (now a Pikachu) who turned out to have 0 IVs for both Attack and Speed. My Hardy natured one who became a Raichu only had one 0 IV, which was Defense. Granted, it was a stat she didn't need anyway, but I guess that's why I still have Charm on her moveset.

I also have two Alolan Raticate, but that's because I didn't like the nature of the initial one I caught because it was a -Attack nature. I also have two Gumshoos, although one of them is shiny. My non-shiny male Gumshoos had a +Attack nature (Brave iirc) but I'd rather train my shiny female Gumshoos, because she's special and she's pink.

Arjay

#GoStags
Years
I don't give a toss about competitive battling so natures don't matter to me. The only exception is Timid. I find it preposterous that something like a Dialga or Steelix can be timid in nature.

Years
When going through the story, nope! I play casually and use whatever, since natures hardly matter much as the main storyline never tends to be massively difficult. Post game is when I start caring about natures, IVs and etc a lot, and that's what I spend almost all of my time post game doing. Breeding the perfect Pok?mon is always very satisfying and usually adds hundreds of hours to my playtime ^^

Sean Flame

*#@()@(!#¥{
Years
I definitely do care a lot about natures, not just for competitive, but also for the playthrough. The thing is that, the way I do it is different for both. While I want the perfect nature for competitive (obviously), I'm okay if the Houndour I caught for my in-game run does not have a special attack hindering nature. Get it?

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
I generally don't mind what natures Pokemon have when I'm catching in-game members. I remember having a modest Heracross in HG/SS though and wishing it did more damage. Whilst bad natures aren't ideal, it won't stop me from using a Pokemon especially in-game. With breeding it's a different story since I breed to try to create Pokemon with good IVs / natures so yes I care then. :D

Back