• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you an introvert or an extrovert?

I consider myself to be more of an...

• Total voters

string555

Banned
Years
I like talking to others at times, but I definitely do my best thinking when I'm alone. Since I lean more towards that, I am an introvert.

On a related note, since most people have said that they are introverts in the poll:
Spoiler:

Raffy98

[color=#2d9bce][b][span="font-family: 'century got
Years
I'd say I'm in the middle, I'm very open with people I'm comfortable with, but when it comes to people I just met or strangers, I tend to be a little more on the introvert side. In the end, a good mix of both.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
Definitely an introvert - like Josh said, it's not so much about being outgoing or shy, but the energy you feel around other people, and socializing is very draining for me. I like people, I love my friends and family and being around them, but if I spend a day socializing I need to spend an equal amount of time back by myself to "rest".

It's weird sometimes, and I couldn't explain it even to myself before I knew what introversion meant. Like I could just be sitting around, talking to friends and having a good time, and after a while I will be so tired and I feel like I physically need a nap. But once everyone leaves and I'm by myself, I suddenly have the energy to play video games, watch videos, etc. and the lethargy goes away completely.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 8, 2024
Definitely an extrovert. I get along pretty well with most introverts, except I have one friend that tends to use it as an excuse for being an asshole. Other than, I definitely understand the need for personal space though I personally have rather loose boundaries with others.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 19, 2018
Certainly an introvert.

I do enjoy spending time with others, but I find it draining overall.

I live by myself and spend the majority of my free time alone...I wouldn't have it any other way :D

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
Definitely an introvert as well. For a while I didn't like the fact that I was an introvert because the people I looked up to were all extroverts, but especially over the last two years I've learned about the strengths that my introversion gives me and how to best use them, so definitely more at peace with it now.

Right now, I almost get no time to myself because my commute to work is very short, I work 5 days/week and come home to my retired parents' house, who are always home. Over the last month so, I've noticed that it's been driving me insane. Being with my parents, or at work, all the time is making me depressed. I need to find somewhere else to be.

Yeah I 100% get this. Last year when I was in Sydney and living with 7 other people I used to disappear on hikes on my own pretty much every weekend so I could be alone and recharge. My housemates called it 'Josh time' and that's pretty much what it was but it helped so much. Would recommend!

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 1, 2023
Introvert. I can talk plenty online, but I can never really figure out what to say irl and I generally get nervous talking to strangers or people who I haven't known very long.

PokemonCoders

Gotta Cheat em All
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 25, 2024
I'm an introvert. I don't talk too much and I'm very careful with my words. I love socializing but I love being alone so I can think on my plans. People had mistaken me as a shy person but I'm not.

Last edited:

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
Years
I'm definitely an introvert. I mostly keep to myself and whatnot. I can handle being around people but only for short times and not multiple days in a row, unless it's my bestfriend or talking to my boyfriend, I can talk to him for hours without feeling "worn out" or needing time to myself.

Lemonski

Is already coming for your pizza
Years
Very much an introvert as I enjoy to have my own peace rather than hang out with many people at once. To be honest I find spending time with more than three people exhausting and I need the rest of the day to regain my energy afterwards.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
Years
Interesting how often introversion and social awkwardness/anxiety get conflated, and you have to explain to people that no, being an introvert doesn't mean I'm shy or that I don't like hanging out with you. I love being around people, it's why I do what I do - but it's also incredibly draining, and I usually have to take time afterwards to recharge my batteries. I find it helps (probably due to mild autism oops) to gamify my social interactions. It's like Amnesia, except instead of monsters, it's other people that drain my sanity bar. I don't dislike it, but if my bar empties I crash hard and it becomes really difficult to be sociable and enthusiastic. Just takes a while in my own company to refill it! And for special events like family holidays, Christmas parties etc, I can 'overcharge' the bar by spending extra time plugged into a charging station. XD

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
I'm 50/50 at the start. I'll either try and be outgoing as possible and wear myself out mentally and emotionally, or I'll just sit back and wait to see what happens. After the first couple of interactions with people though I'm about 80% introvert.

Cariad

world.search(you);
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 25, 2023
definitely introverted; i love spending time with people and going out to more social events but it definitely wears me out emotionally... i need more me time than i do time spent with other ppl lol

Back