• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Happy 14th anniversary to Diamond and Pearl!

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
pokemon-diamond-pearl-ds-boxart.jpg

Diamond and Pearl turns 14 today, so this thread will be a celebration for these games! Diamond and pearl takes place within the Sinnoh region, serving as the 4th generation of Pokémon games. The main protagonists, Lucas&Dawn with their friend and rival Barry, aim to obtain all 8 badges of the Sinnoh region. Along the way, they are challenged by a threat known as Team Galactic, who aims to gain control of space and time.

So, what did you think of these games together? What was most memorable about the region, and what was parts you didn't really care for? What did you think of the 4th generation of Pokémon? Feel free to share any thoughts here, and have a look out for 4th Gen related topics!

pkmin3033

Fourth gen is still the best gen. After the third, which I found to be extremely lackluster, this was a welcome breath of fresh air and a much-needed return to form. Dialga is one of my favourite Legendaries too. I was also in College at the time and it was OK to admit that I liked Pokemon again, so that was cool. DPPt also reintroduced Day/Night which was something I really missed with Gen III. Also, Cynthia. Cynthia remains the best Champion as far as I'm concerned.

But...14 years? Oof...I feel old now ;-;

Years
14 years already... insane. I remember when the games just came out in Japan and I was doing chores so my mom would let me import a copy from Play-Asia lol. happy anni!!!

Years
I remember I wasn't really a fan of Gen IV when it was new. I would say Sapphire, Ruby and especially Emerald, Silver, Gold and Crystal are better games than Diamond and Pearl. But these two also started something that ended up in the best games in the whole series - Platinum and HGSS.

Today, I don't mind going into them over Platinum, especially when I want to use their exclusive Pokémon. Happy anniversary!

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen yesterday
I remember getting destroyed so badly by Cyrus in the distortion world it made me restart my entire file because I felt too weak to keep going.

The only time that's ever happened to me in a pokemon game

Years
Kinda unfair how my first experience with a Pokemon Champion had a Lvl 66 Garchomp. But I wouldn't trade that experience for anything else.

I wish I could experience this game for the first time again.

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
Geeze this makes me feel old

Kinda unfair how my first experience with a Pokemon Champion had a Lvl 66 Garchomp. But I wouldn't trade that experience for anything else.

I wish I could experience this game for the first time again.

Agreed. They better make here as hard in the remakes. She's not even close to as hard now but she still gives me a run for my money

Last edited by a moderator:
Back