• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Games you're good at

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    We're original with threads around here ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

So Cid's got the thread up about games you're not that great at here, but let's be a little less humble for a moment and talk about games we're actually good at. What are some games (or genres of games) that you tend to excel at?

Years
  • Need for Speed series (especially from Underground to Carbon), Diablo II Lord of Destruction (10 years of experience), Terraria (not competitive wise tho). Most of racing games, RPG's and Hack'n'slash are my strong side.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • This subforum's memes are the best.

Anyway its mostly centered on action-rts/mobas considering that i have played the genre for more than 10 years now starting from classic dota to heroes of newerth to league of legends, spanning a decade of salt and pepper. Given my decade olde experience, i do say that mobes are my most competent genre. I could learn and relearn from one mobe to another with just a teeny but of training and effort. I dare aay that my ability to adjust from one mobe to the other and back again is almost in the same level as that of experienced pro fps players who can easily adjust from one shooter to the other.

Then theres also first person shooters in both single player and multiplayer form though it still depends on the overall shooting mechanics of said game. Im usually okay with Arena style shooter such as quake and the "omergerdudiein2bulletstime2kill" style in cod games and its ilk. Overwatch can suck my doom stick

Then theres action rpgs especially the loot based ones such as path of exile, borderlands, and whatever ilk since even at my current age, i still find time to theorycraft some potentially powerful builds that i can play as. Also, i used to be a huge hardcore path of exile player where i would almost exclusively play on the hardcore leagues.

Years
  • I'm pretty decent at most racing games. I'd say Forza Horizon is probably one I'm the most comfortable with. If I take the time out to try, I'm pretty good at most fighting games I play. I'm at least above average at most FPSs I play. I'm pretty nasty in Titanfall 2, and I do alright at CoD.

See me in Dark Souls-

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    yeah idk if I'd say there's anything I'm particularly good at

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    This subforum's memes are the best.
    YEAH it is :D
    inb4 Matt/Aaron makes the "games you're just okay at" thread

I think the common theme in games I'm good at is planning and thinking ahead, so this mostly applies to strategy/puzzle games. The arcade event reminds me I'm pretty good at Tetris, for one (although currently LegendChu and Mawa are kicking my ass), but I'm also not bad at games like Civilization - I'd say Hearthstone too, but I know a few people who would say it's "not a real card game", so being good at might not count for much. :P

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • YEAH it is D

I like to say League of Legends... then I remember I'm just low diamond... T_T

Low diamond is still better than being permantantly stuck in master tier kappa.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Also i figured that in the games im good at, it still is doendent on the role or character. I may be a beasty jungler but bronze 5 adc mains are better than me as adc.

Raffy98

[color=#2d9bce][b][span="font-family: 'century got
    Years
  • I think I'm pretty good with some racing games such as Need for Speed or Gran Turismo 4 since I've spent so many hours on them especially as a kid, and I'm quite decent at FPSs games too, but I'd not say good. {XD}

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
    Years
  • Also i figured that in the games im good at, it still is doendent on the role or character. I may be a beasty jungler but bronze 5 adc mains are better than me as adc.

I primarily play top myself... I can't play adc to save my life... well except for Xayah cause she's more of a Mid than an adc to me. Also I hate jungling :D

Years
  • I primarily play top myself... I can't play adc to save my life... well except for Xayah cause she's more of a Mid than an adc to me. Also I hate jungling :D

If you ain't playing Volibear top like ya boy Don here then I got some words for you, buster...

On topic, I almost forgot about Rocket League. Y'all can catch the hands in that good ol' Rocket League.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • I like to think that I'm good at strategy games, as I'm always overthinking everything. I love all the Fire Emblem games for this reason. I suck at chess though.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Nier automata. I primarily play on hard mode because yorha 2b encourages me to strive harder.. or because i get use harden everytime i play 2b. Ewww peeverted puns in 2017 cmon and that didnt even flow well.

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
    Years
  • The original games in the Jak & Daxter, Sly Cooper, and Ratchet & Clank trilogies, I would hope. Can't tell you how many hours I played through them all as a kid, and even more when they got a HD port.

Years
  • At one point, I was in the top 100 ranked players in the world for NHL 10, and I've either tied or come close to a few speedrun records for Sonic 2. Other than that though, I'm usually pretty garbage at video games.

Yukari

Pretty much any Megaman X game. I've even been able to beat the first one in half an hour. Also Dark Souls. If I could stop playing Dark Souls I might be able to get good at some other games.

Back