• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Favorite 1st Gen Pokemon?

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
  • For me it was Vulpix. I found it to be adorable as a 15 year old and with Brock having cared for one, it kind of holds a special place in my heart(and I have Pok?mon Yellow where I can get Charmander relatively early. Vulpix still beats it out). Its also one of the few that doesn't evolve without a stone, hence giving you the flexibility in deciding when the time is right. Then tack on its Alola variant and well it's a wrap.

gmartin

Years
  • Generation 1, like any other Gen, has loads of cool Pokemon.
    Personally, I like Snorlax, Rhydon, or anyone else in my signature.
    Poliwrath and Aerodactyl are both really cool as well.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    Zapdos is my ultimate fave, but aside from that probably Jolteon or Mewtwo.

Years
  • Sandshrew and Jolteon c:

Starter wise I really love the design of all three. Not much of a fan of their third lines except charizard not sure why...

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2019
    Probably Charmander and its evolutions. Charizard might as well be Pokémon's mascot in my eyes.

Years
  • Pikachu and Clefairy lines obviously, but I also love the Eevee, Slowpoke and Psyduck lines for design reasons. Starmie is another fave for usability, thanks to getting solid coverage from TMs.

Years
  • For me, it's the classic, tubby electric rodent that everybody knows and loves..

026.png

Raichu! Yeah, not that sell out Pikachu, we all know he's been dieting for over a decade now.

I'm not sure what originally got me into Raichu, but I remember getting three trading cards of it when I was really young (from Base set, Fossil set, and the Dark Raichu from Team Rocket) so that might have provided the initial 'spark' (sorry). Throw in some element of it being constantly overshadowed by its pre-evolution mascot, which probably made me think it was cool to prefer Raichu. Then add a dash of it being a really easy to acquire team member in Leaf Green, which was one of my first of the Pokémon video games, and you have yourself a favourite.

Raichu was my overall favourite of all pokémon when I was really young and didn't know many non-gen 1 pokémon, but Typhlosion soon replaced it when I played Gold. Those two have cemented the top two spots ever since. Alolan Raichu only helped Raichu's cause, that thing is awesome.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Gotta be Psyduck :) My first favourite Pokemon ever! Although Kanto has a BUNCH of amazing Pokemon I love like Lapras, Staryu, Growlithe... they remind me of collecting all the Pokemon merchandise as a kid - always my favourites to collect lol

Years
  • 026.png

Raichu! Yeah, not that sell out Pikachu, we all know he's been dieting for over a decade now.

Don't get me wrong. I love Raichu way better than Pikachu, especially now that Raichu has an Alola Form as well.

Gotta be Psyduck :) My first favourite Pokemon ever! Although Kanto has a BUNCH of amazing Pokemon I love like Lapras, Staryu, Growlithe... they remind me of collecting all the Pokemon merchandise as a kid - always my favourites to collect lol

I actually still see some Psyduck plushies around, so it is still a popular Pokemon that seems to show up in like, every regional Dex. Misty's Psyduck in the anime always used to make me laugh as a kid.

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2018
    As common as it is, I have to go with the Charizard line. It was the first Pokémon I ever owned and it's been my favorite ever since.

Back